ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Alfa Romeo 147 GTA.

MINI-R32-integrale
Great car, really like Alfa 147GTA's, and 156GTA's and Coupe's all designed around the same time and all have great visual appeal. And only Alfa could take the GM sourced V6 and make it look and sound so much better than it does in a Vauxhall.

The Auto Delta cars you see at Auto Italia days at Brooklands and Standford Hall etc must be very interesting with upto 400bhp + from them.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Very very nice.

Exhausts always look out of place to me on these for some reason. But the noise they make is amazing.

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
in terms of the wheel colour I think anthracite colour would work really well, I really like the black though.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Gally - sometimes you just have to look past all hearsay. This car ticks all of my boxes & more, it's special, has epic amounts of character & charisma. The noise is on another level, a Lovely place to be in. It's so much car for the money it's unreal. The Italian flare it carries is just awesome! Really really pleased with the car and it gets driven ALOT as it's mine and the wife's daily car. Plus now with these mods it's become very purposeful and menacing on the road without upsetting the practicality of it.

Cheers guys!

^^^ - that's missing from a LOT of cars these days - regardless of price or power. Good on you for choosing something a little more quirky and less mainstream. Love the GTA's - something that bit special.

Thanks, so what colour are we saying guys? A bright brilliant silver for the wheels? I have no idea so I don't mind leaving the ball in CS's court!

Ignore the black wheel disbelievers. On the right car and alloy setup, black works perfectly. The GTA is one of them. Personally, I'd stick with it - no way would I be going back to hum-drum, boring silver....

D.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I didn't like them before, but now the ride height is sorted the black wheels look perfect.

Italian 3.2 V6
Appreciated lads :)

Well the slut of a wife has kurbed a wheel so it gives me an excuse to refurb them again! Still in two minds what to do tbh. Everyone who had seen it in the flesh like the black wheels.. But I am half tempted to try a bright brilliant silver so I know for definite if black is the better choice or not. I don't mind re-painting them and its not exactly costly doing a DIY job either Tbf.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I think silver will look better. Well, for someone of my tastes anyway.

I'd rather drive past the average joe and them think, "that car looks awesome" as opposed to with black wheels it's a bit more "god damn street racers".

SJM'd197'dBTM'd 182
Sound of that is amazing. A great looking car.

As for the wheels, personally I think they need to be silver, or a lighter colour, maybe a gunmetal grey. They are an intricate design, defiantly sets the car apart, and in black the design is masked. But then as you say they may look different in the flesh.

Italian 3.2 V6
Right well I think I'm going to try silver this weekend and see it looks.. If its not as nice as black then il return them back to black! Lol.. You know how the saying goes!!

Iv ordered some 15mm spacers for the front too. Since lowering it a fair bit the fronts are eaten by the arches (alot more than expected!), & I want the front to sit like the rear does :)

Again appreciate the kind comments.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
9636538461_6d74963743_c.jpg

Black wheels? ^^^^ - I rest my case...... :cool:

The reflection of light on the gloss black. The red poking through on the callipers. Set to a background of the surrounding silver bodywork. Works perfectly.

I will say this now - that silver on silver will loose a lot of the 'drama'. But it's your choice! :)

D.

S2 106 GTI
My colour on my EP3 I liked a lot! ended up making it mine own, to which 3 people have chosen the same colour! (should have put a copywrite on it!)

It was a gunmetal, but had a slight tint on bronze and pearl in it! looked brilliant in the flesh against the silver. Wanted to stay away from the norm - Black, Gunmetal which everyone seemed to go for.

was aiming for this colour but was wasn't too bronze
grid_drift_bronze_17-9-v1-1440-1440.jpg

Italian 3.2 V6
Sounds alright gib! Do you not have a picture when on the car?

Thanks for the input guys.

Italian 3.2 V6
Just a little update. Uprated 330 brakes will hopefully be on for next weekend. Haven't touched the wheels as the bigger brakes have snapped me this weekend. Btw Gib that colour looks great!

Another short vid which is more to the point, no tootling about.

[video=youtube_share;fL6XdFGJVS0]http://youtu.be/fL6XdFGJVS0[/video]

And a quick picture.
9854867325_e225c85cc0_c.jpg

147 GTA by Piers Hodgson, on Flickr

Cheers.

Italian 3.2 V6
This morning me & my mech got round to fitting the bigger brakes, 330's with uprated performance friction pads and grooved disks! I painted the calipers the same as the old 305's as they looked brill behind the black wheels (which I'm keeping now btw). Braking power is epic, a much better setup!

9985123845_5f29b55e19_c.jpg

Gta update by Piers Hodgson, on Flickr

Also today I entered a local 1/4 event in the GTA, only did 6runs but managed a healthy 14.5@96mph, quite abit quicker than my last three 1*2's which all got 15.2@89.

Took a quick snap next to one of it's main rivals from it's earer!*
9985167996_e4c129ab99_c.jpg

Gta update by Piers Hodgson, on Flickr

Cheers.

Italian 3.2 V6
Yea desperately! One is missing on that wheel too as the thread got stripped :( doh! I'd of replaced them by now but awaiting my front spacers as you get new bolts with them.

btw went against a itb'd 182 trophy with semi-slicks yesterday @ the 1/4 mile, which was interesting and great competition! identical times & terminal speeds. It was quicker to 70 but the GTA pulled it in after, a good battle! Just beat me in the end, he got 14.51@94 vs my 14.55@96mph.

Last edited by a moderator:
  Z4
That's lovely mate.
Its nice to see something a little bit different too. How did it fair against its blue badged rival?

I like the 147/157gta, there really aren't many about. Were they limited production?
Rosso red is the best, but silver does look great when the light hits it, I loved my silver M3, it's fantastic that you hardly ever have to clean it although it's so unrewarding after a wash!

Don't listen to the haters, the wheels contrast well against the bodywork.

Good work!

Italian 3.2 V6
Yea there is under 300 GTA's in the uk now, iirc only 164 or something 147GTA's. The Mk1 RS's best run was 14.03 @ 99mph, he's running just over 260bhp plus they only weigh something like 1200 don't they? There were 2 Mk2 RS's running to, standard one got 14.40 @ 100mph and the other (420bhp) ran a 13.83 @ 109mph!

Kind comments are much appreciated :)