ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My baby evo :)

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
I love these cars but find it very very hard to believe you get those MPG figures, a standard one driven as intended gets around 28, if you drive it carefully you might see 40mpg. I can't see over 100bhp more giving you an extra 15mpg.

Nice car though.

123D Coupe + MK1 MX5
I love these cars but find it very very hard to believe you get those MPG figures, a standard one driven as intended gets around 28, if you drive it carefully you might see 40mpg. I can't see over 100bhp more giving you an extra 15mpg.

Nice car though.

Why not? Car is mega light, engine will barely have to work to move it.

Read up on original mini's. A lot of people fitting bigger and better engines to them get much better fuel economy.

A 40 tonne lorry wouldn't get good iel economy with 50bhp would it?

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Why not? Car is mega light, engine will barely have to work to move it.

Read up on original mini's. A lot of people fitting bigger and better engines to them get much better fuel economy.

A 40 tonne lorry wouldn't get good iel economy with 50bhp would it?

Its not "mega light" at all though it weighs 1070kg as standard, yes its had its rear bench and some plastics removed but then you've got that massive intercooler and various other bits and bobs bolted on so its probably still weighing around that figure when you take everything into account.

As I said, A standard one gets around 28mpg, having one that weighs the same or a tiny bit less but has another 100bhp is surely not going to give you a 15mpg benefit.

You cannot compare minis because they are so light (around 650kg) and the engines put into them are from massively heavy cars in comparison such as Type R's etc (which isn't a heavy car these days, but the difference between the weight of a type R and an original mini is massive) , the weight differences in that example are huge in this they are not.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Has it been on a weighbridge? I would say 900kgs is a bit optimistic?

Also, any RR print outs? Ive been reading that without changing the turbo you can get around a max of 220/220 from them?

Last edited:
  R34 GT-R & 172 Cup
On the weighbridge it came back at 970kgs, the rear seats alone weigh 40kg, air con weighs 30kg. This is the 2nd highely modded one in the country the other one is 300bhp as featured in the redline magazine. The 2nd fastest is 270bhp but hes just wacked the boost up and put a scooby turbo on it, the graphs i have were from when it was remapped which shows the stats.

Also the ECUs on these are a pain in the ass to deal with, i put a different exhaust on it and it kept cutting out, if u map it for more than 200bhp your going to get problems, this has had an ECUTEK ecu and remap at the cost of £580! which a lot of lads in austraila and japan are using. The standard turbo is rated to 250bhp this is why i never run it on high boost just 1bar all the time.

As for fuel i am getting 45+mpg my car computer and the scangauge 2 i have both read the same readings. A lot of people with the standard czt are getting 60mpg on motorway running.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
On the weighbridge it came back at 970kgs, the rear seats alone weigh 40kg, air con weighs 30kg. This is the 2nd highely modded one in the country the other one is 300bhp as featured in the redline magazine. The 2nd fastest is 270bhp but hes just wacked the boost up and put a scooby turbo on it, the graphs i have were from when it was remapped which shows the stats.

Also the ECUs on these are a pain in the ass to deal with, i put a different exhaust on it and it kept cutting out, if u map it for more than 200bhp your going to get problems, this has had an ECUTEK ecu and remap at the cost of £580! which a lot of lads in austraila and japan are using. The standard turbo is rated to 250bhp this is why i never run it on high boost just 1bar all the time.

As for fuel i am getting 45+mpg my car computer and the scangauge 2 i have both read the same readings. A lot of people with the standard czt are getting 60mpg on motorway running.

Ecutek also dont make ecu's? They flash them? But they are good i will say that. As standard they will map to 200 running a bar of boost? http://www.ecutek.com/products/proecu/flashcan/colt_czt/

I have been having a quick read into them out of interest and there a few tuners in the UK with them running 300bhp.

TRL developements are saying -

"An exhaust and remap will give you Circa 200/200

With some work on the torque limiting maps and a boost controller then 220/220 i beleive is posible. Any more than that then Turbo and fuel pump will be needed."

They seem a great little car for the money tbh. I like them and even with 200bhp must be quick. :)