ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My BG 182 Clio daily driver R18 TWO

Haha that would of been me, I put some on for a little while. Well at the moment my car is normally parked somewhere down Heworth Green as I work near the Sainsburys
in that case then i walked straight past you! haha, i didn't want to say anything because i wasn't in my clio at the time, i was in a learner driver mini (i was borrowing it to go and get car parts)

i also work literally just around the corner from euro car parts!

haha, i'm not sure when i'd be free like but it would be nice to meet someone else who has a 182 in york! if you are ever struggling with anything i may be able to lend a hand

so i got my MOT done today and it passed with a few advisories. they were:

nearside front C.V. Boot (i knew about this but it wasn't bad so i just left it but i have a re-conditioned drive shaft to put on so this will sort that problem)
slight oil leak (this is coming from the gearbox drain plug so it will take a few mins for me to sort out when i'm next working on the car)
engine covers fitted (to cover MOT testers back)
undershield fitted (to cover MOT testers back)

now that my MOT has been done i'm thinking of maybe ordering a de-cat from k-tec along with a new carbon splitter and maybe some other goodies.

i'm also putting another order in with renault for:
2x front caliper blead nipples, mine are seized in so i'm going to destroy them getting them out
new offside rear brake pipe to make a tidier job of the temporary pipe i put in to pass it's MOT
oil & filter (next oil & filter change up soon)

so i will get all that fitted in the next few weeks!

thanks

i have a few bits onit its way out to me now:

stainless blead nipples (thanks again jon_KTM!!!!!)
one way valves for the headlamp washers
braided brake hoses
de-cat
new front carbon splitter
new offside rear brake pipe
c.v. boot

i'm getting my steering wheel retrimmed soon by snappy too, just waiting for him to PM me back when he's ready.

i just need to sort out the bumper now really and it'll look like it used too. when i fit the bumper i'm also going to remove the acoustic valve as it has no use and proably the charcoal cannister as i'm 99% sure that's starting the source of an annoying tapping noise i have.

thanks

so, i've just been talking to a guy that has a black gold bumper on ebay that has been resprayed not too long ago, everything looks and sounds great but he lives in kent (250 miles away) and will not post it at all, i don't know whether to go down there and see it. the price is £80 (i don't know if this price is worrying) and it's going to cost me around £80 to get down there, so £160 for a bumper to me isn't anything too bad, especially considering i've had loads of trouble finding a black gold bumper. but if i get there and it's an absolute dog of a bumper then i have wasted £80 on fuel. i'm unsure on whether to risk it or not?

i've decided to leave the bumper, he lives too far away and it's a bit of a risk, i may start looking at possibly getting mine fixed and having a bumper and bonnet respray so the front end looks spot on.

i got the de-cat fitted the other day it is quite abit louder now (resonates like mad 2k-4k RPM) which i'm not sure it i like it or not yet, i know my neighbours probably don't. i need to go around a few places and get some prices for repairing my bumper and respraying my bonnet and bumper then once that is done the car will look great again. i'm slowly getting things done to the car at the minute, mainly because of working 6 days a week. but when my work goes back to normal i should have more time to work on it.

koi

Audi S1
Sure someone on here could pop round and check out the bumper for you before you make the trek.

Sure someone on here could pop round and check out the bumper for you before you make the trek.

i was thinking of putting a thread up and asking but i am just going to leave it, the bumper had the headlight washers blanked out too and the guy was really quite rude on the phone, he started swearing whilst talking about 30 seconds into the conversation. i imagine he will probably be no better to deal with in person

thanks

I've got another bumper now, i picked it up the other day. it's in black gold but needs respraying so i will be getting it done and my bonnet at the same time when i can afford it. nothing else to really update on other than the car is pretty filthy, haha.

i have decided to just get the bumper sprayed for now and do a full detail and touch up on the car when i have the time (hopefully sunday). i dropped the bumper off at a local spray shop earlier today and maybe done for the weekend, if it is then i will probably also fit it sunday along with other bits i want to do.

today i got the new bumper fitted and gave the car a clean and a quick polish. i really need to get the time to give the car a full detail. the clio is looking good again :D i also removed the acoustic valve and the charcoal canister and solenoid

E1C13330-DE8A-4461-BA7A-5E2E63E12705_zpsjbnowp7m.jpg

E5846004-A876-467C-AE7F-94626F721F70_zpsus2689mw.jpg

Looks great! but get some restorer on those plastics! :cool:
thanks! i just got some the other day, haha

i got my snappy steering wheel today and i must say it is absolutely excellent quality and also looks and feels great. i will hopefully get it put on tomorrow

so today and yesterday i have:
removed the dash to try and find and fix an annoying rattle that's been there since i bought it
fitted a new climate control unit (LCD screen was dodgy on my old one)
fitted new bulbs to the centre console clock unit as one was blown
stripped down the drivers side door to try stop an annoying rattle
clean and spray inlet manifold, fuel rail cover and cam box

i have also found that my air con recirculation flap isn't opening and shutting properly, the motor is slipping inside the square drive so i will have to work out a way to fix it. i also found a packet of chewing gum from one of the previous owners, somehow it ended up in the steering column cowling.

anyway here's some pics to give you an idea of what the engine bay was like before i started:

IMG_0645_zps9b136951.jpg

IMG_0646_zpsbf746637.jpg

and this is what it is like now:

20F09E98-FAE9-47D2-94BC-DA6C300AE05F_zpsipnbpvxd.jpg

it's a lot better now under the bonnet, and it only cost me about a tenner to do it and a couple of hours. i cleaned my k-tec filter and oiled it too

still a massive list of stuff i need to do to it. i have the week off so if my work will let me then i will go down there and give the car a proper wash, clay bar, polish, touch up and wax with all my autoglym stuff i seem to have collected.

i also have a pair of number plates on there way, 3/4 at the front, should look good i think

Last edited:

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Tom

To the OP, did you know the reg plate came off another BG 182? The reason I say that is it was a high mileage model, just incase you ever come to sell and people begin asking some questions.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Ah! Ignore me, I've seen that R18 TWO before somewhere, positive.

i have spent yesterday and a bit of today fully cleaning the car and giving it a proper wash and wax etc.

i washed if first with autoglym shampoo, then used the autoglym claybar set, then i gave the car a thin coat of autoglym paintwork restorer stuff, then 2 coats of autoglym resin polish, then autoglym paint work sealer and then i finished it all of with autoglym HD wax. i got half way through taking the wax off and then it rained, so i did my best to get it all off quickly and then today i washed it again to make sure i got everything off and just gave a real quick go with aqua wax and this is the finished result, i'm afriad they are only crappy phone pics as i don't have anything else.

5E633A15-979E-466C-A954-479A0B98FA0E_zpsrplzhlfd.jpg

6F392148-AA2B-4D7C-896B-ED4DDF7F82B8_zpsjos5naso.jpg

quick beading pic from using the hose pipe

F552FC85-A9CD-4341-A731-48B65D48C62B_zpswqq3jikx.jpg

for some reason there is marks in these pics but there wasn't any marks on the car

C38DCA5B-A760-4895-8444-F30F4D4DF84C_zpszjbgshyc.jpg

08DDDB81-D962-4A09-8600-C9FA5E81C098_zpskscg7yzz.jpg

cleaned the engine bay abit more too:

4CD96ADE-C9DC-44AD-808B-1F39EE2E240C_zpsca8qaidi.jpg

really happy with how it has come out, took me ages as it was first time ever doing it.

Front plate makes it looks so much better!

Don't drive like an idiot and you won't get any attention for it.

yeah i never really liked them but they've grown on me a lot.

i have my old plate in the boot with mounting screws in case i ever get pulled for it. i don't think it is too noticeable though.

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
yeah i never really liked them but they've grown on me a lot.

i have my old plate in the boot with mounting screws in case i ever get pulled for it. i don't think it is too noticeable though.

I had mine on for near on 3 years, and not once did i get pulled, let alone for the plate either ;)

so, it's almost been a year since i last posted on here in that time i haven't really done alot to the car in that time, mainly enjoying driving it. since the last time i posted i have:

fitted 2 new driveshafts
fitted new bulbs all around and nightbreaker xenon bulbs and main beam bulbs and also chrome look indicator bulbs
modified my exhaust rubbers to be pollybushed
swapped the straight though de-cat and center section for silenced pipes, much quiter on low revs but still comes to life when flooring it
fitted new rear discs and pads
fitted 15mm spacers with -1 degree camber to the rear and 20mm hubcentric spacers to the front.

not really alot for a year. had to change the exhaust as it was abit too loud, i am still using the car daily and i have changed jobs and quite often was setting off to work at 5:40am, i'm sure my neighbours didn't appreciate me starting it at that time every morning so i thought i'd better change it.

i am now wanting the clio to be kept in my garage for weekends/trackdays/a bit of fun, and i am looking in to getting a bit more of a comfortable car for daily use. looking at audi a3 3.2's at the minute, drove a few at my old work and they were brilliant, just a tad thirsty but it isn't really a problem. i won't be buying anything though for at the very least another 3-4 months. i've been collecting some bits over the last few months, here's a list of what i've got:

trophy turinis in lovely anthracite (mint condition, recently refurbed)
15" gold cades eros that i got off a friend for a good price (might just sell these on or use as track day wheels but they are in mint condition)
bilstein coilovers
k-tec solid top mounts
braided brake hoses
powerflex camber bolts

the car has now almost covered 70,000 miles and i have almost had it 2 years. in december i was thinking of selling it after it being off the road for a couple of months (was using a different car at the time) i went into the garage to start taking bits off it and i just couldn't bring myself to do it, at all.

That's a shame, last year there was a decent turnout out for it and lovely weather.

I haven't, I tend to do proper circuits as I've heard runway ones like Elvington are quite harsh on your tyres. Blyton Park is a good circuit to start out on and has a good surface too.