ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My BMW E46 M3 Individual Estoril Blue

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti
Had the m3 about 3 months now and absolutely love it. Best car by far I've ever owned. Picked it up from Luton from a really nice bloke who clearly looked after it. He only did 2k in 3 years and just used it for the occasional weekend blast. With it being an individual it was very well specced. I was only looking for carbon black ones but I'm so glad I went for estoril blue. Very hard to find the right colour combo with the interior but this ones bang on. Anyway here's some pics...

FDE38DC7-5FA1-4D6E-9CDA-62418B611CF3-695-000002AA9062BB26_zps25922823.jpg

AB8C9CAE-F6CC-4BA1-AF18-0A768E5852EB-695-000002AAA2209D82_zps24fcc793.jpg

D92D5E7A-B6C4-4EB0-AD0A-37092EDBBB92-695-000002AAE648A8CE_zps64c70d7d.jpg

It has been lowered 20mm on Intrax springs and they sit really on the 19's. It has a few other bits and bobs. I fitted a debaffled backbox which is about half the weight and sounds amazing. Not as loud as I thought so you can live with it everyday. Getting some 12mm eibach hubcentric spacers for the front to fill the arch perfectly. Really want a csl airbox but will have to save some coin for that!

Range Rover Sport
How are you finding the Intrax springs? I fitted H&R's on mine.

I had so many ideas for the E46 however the Clio is taking any spare money I have so the E46 is currently my daily driver. Not ideal as it sits pretty low having the hair dresser spec ( Vert ).

Lovely looking car you have!

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti
How are you finding the Intrax springs? I fitted H&R's on mine.

I had so many ideas for the E46 however the Clio is taking any spare money I have so the E46 is currently my daily driver. Not ideal as it sits pretty low having the hair dresser spec ( Vert ).

Lovely looking car you have!

really good mate. Feel like o.e. That's why I'm getting rid of my cup. IDE rather throw 6-7k at this and get 480bhp supercharging it than spending the same on the Clio.

Thanks mate, I do like vert's. The missus has a 330ci sport vert so thought there's no point having 2 vert's.

Range Rover Sport
Yes I understand that.

60mph+ they really do move. Have you had the valve Clearence checked? Mine had full service history etc etc had the valves adjusted at Darren Wood and it came back a different machine.

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti
[video=youtube_share;KmMG-NYSFEg]http://youtu.be/KmMG-NYSFEg[/video]
[video=youtube_share;AMUL0Bj6pOM]http://youtu.be/AMUL0Bj6pOM[/video]

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti
That is stunning what a lovely colour! I'd love to have an m3 I could imagine its hard to find a good one now days.

thanks Ash. Yeah there really hard to find. People run them into the ground that can't afford to run them then sell them on when there a big bill. I paid good money for mine but it's got new discs and pads all round, tyres etc. conti m3 spec tyres are £250 each!

Yes I understand that.

60mph+ they really do move. Have you had the valve Clearence checked? Mine had full service history etc etc had the valves adjusted at Darren Wood and it came back a different machine.

I havnt mate no. The next service is due in 8k and it's an inspection one. I have a mate who works at sytner Leicester so going to get it booked in there. They do the valve checks as part of inspection one so might get it booked in earlier.

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1
Really nice looking m3 you did well finding it.

Wheels look good on it already, sure you need spacers?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Stunning spec mate. Colour really comes alive. I prefer subtle Silver and Grey.

Also spacers seem a strange purchase. Car looks superb as is, i'm sure there would better things to spend money on.

Range Rover Sport
Mark the bolts before it goes in mate.

There was a huge thread that BMW dealers was charging / stating they have been done when Infact they hadn't.

I have a receipt saying mine was done 6,000 miles ago and Darren Wood said the seal was replaced but valves was not adjusted.

Awesome awesome cars though, pretty hard to match as an all around package.

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti
Really nice looking m3 you did well finding it.

Wheels look good on it already, sure you need spacers?

thanks Paul. Il get a side on angle of the front and you'll see what I mean. The 12mm spacers really do make a big difference. I can get them for £50 new so if they don't look good I'll sell them on for what I paid.

Stunning spec mate. Colour really comes alive. I prefer subtle Silver and Grey.

Also spacers seem a strange purchase. Car looks superb as is, i'm sure there would better things to spend money on.

thanks gally :) trust me spacers look awesome when there on. Have a look on m3cutters there's pics on there of them on and they stance it perfectly.

Mark the bolts before it goes in mate.

There was a huge thread that BMW dealers was charging / stating they have been done when Infact they hadn't.

I have a receipt saying mine was done 6,000 miles ago and Darren Wood said the seal was replaced but valves was not adjusted.

Awesome awesome cars though, pretty hard to match as an all around package.

They are awesome cars. For the money, the spec package you get it's very hard to beat. I've raced a r8 v8 to 160mph and there really wasn't a lot in it atal. I've had 162 on the Satnav lol. But when your not belting it, there such a nice place to be in. Very well built.

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti
The only things I've had to replace is the alternator with new belt, battery and the fuel cap push button. Alternators usually go 70-80k ish. Wasn't expensive tho.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Perfect colour combo! I keep looking out for that combo but I've never seen it!

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti
What was the area called??

love your car by the way!

It was near streatley LU3 postcode. Thanks by the way lol

Perfect colour combo! I keep looking out for that combo but I've never seen it!

Cheers man. Yeah it is hard. You can find vert's in that colour but coupes are hard. If you find a coupe half the time they have light grey leather and I've even seen one with light blue leather which looked vile. Clashed so bad. Trouble is when you do find one there the most expensive examples.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Looks lovely mate! I text you earlier but you never replied! Gayer.

Looks nice that mate! I thought the 2nd vid was meir tunnel in stoke at first, I like blasting mine through there.
How much louder is the debaffled box when starting up and driving through town? I've got mardy neighbours..

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti
I really like that! In a different class from the 172 I suspect?

Cheers man, surprisingly the cup isn't that far off the pace than the m3 upto 80 but then the m3 just keeps pulling. I love 5th gear in the m3 as it sounds the same as you putting the Clio from 1st to 2nd, just dosent bog down.

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti
Looks nice that mate! I thought the 2nd vid was meir tunnel in stoke at first, I like blasting mine through there.
How much louder is the debaffled box when starting up and driving through town? I've got mardy neighbours..

Thanks James, when it's cold it is alittle louder than when it's warm but not enough to piss neighbours off. I love it, only cost me £50 off eBay. Can't go wrong.

Mini Cooper S
Great colour combo and looks very tidy. Like how the number plate holder has been resized for the plate too.