ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Bora is looking pretty RUF these days...

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Small, small update to the car this weekend. Was a bit gutted when I saw rain this morning, but then the sun came out! Needs some work still. The engine needs raised as I've already got a small leak in this one from scrapes and stuff. Also, due to the unique way of which VW Designed the rear axel on the Bora I have a little too much poke on one side, and a little too little on one side. FFUUUU!

6948928015_ca3163d14d.jpg

DSC_0001 by Jason.Easton, on Flickr

6802818496_4c7395215b.jpg

DSC_0006 by Jason.Easton, on Flickr

6802819708_e077120280.jpg

DSC_0015 by Jason.Easton, on Flickr

6948931287_e5027c296d.jpg

DSC_0016 by Jason.Easton, on Flickr

6948932165_64a371148d.jpg

DSC_0022 by Jason.Easton, on Flickr

Anyway, as ever C+C and that and that.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Arches on the front are rolled! Cheers fellas :eek:. Was a bit 50/50 about getting these wheels but so glad I did now! I'm chuffed.

RS6 C7
Get the spacers machined down slightly if they are causing too much poke. Won't cost much :)

Very nice car pal.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
+1 I love these wheels mate. I am guessing its the drivers side rear that pokes out too much?

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Get the spacers machined down slightly if they are causing too much poke. Won't cost much :)

Very nice car pal.

Well only just got them machined. Tbh I'll ad a tiny bit of camber on the back, and change the shocks over for shorter ones.

Positive camber on the front?

Love those wheels though :D

Happens a lot with MK4's. Apparently it's not positive just that there is SO LITTLE camber on the front they look that way, again I will have to adjust it.

+1 I love these wheels mate. I am guessing its the drivers side rear that pokes out too much?

Bingo! Every time. Old Bora was the same, Zi's old Golf was the same.

I'd like to fly down there just to sniff you!

FLOL! Best thing.

Thank you all btw! :star:

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Im guessing they are RUF Porsche wheels? What size/width?

Looks great, id get some different plates and a bit less poke :D

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I drive it 50 miles a day over all sorts of road surfaces. AIR RIDE FTW!

Cheers fellas :) The wheels are Speedline/MIMs. They are basically exactly the same as the front wheels on a RUF CTR Yellowbird, even made by the same company. However they are 5x120 fitment for BMW's. Apparently rare nowadays. 17x8.5 all around.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Superb you young delinquent. Looks pretty perfect!

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Yep, quite noticeable. The axel's on all MK4's are about 2 to 5mm shifted towards the drivers side. The tyre is sitting on the arch on the drivers side, whereas on the passenger side there is about maybe 2mm or more clearance.

I've read you can undo the 8 rear beam bolts (4 on each side) and shift the car over if that makes sense. I plan to do it soon as the poke is winding me up, especially when it catches arch.

Looks epic though, I wasnt sure on the wheels when you first posted them but look great on!

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I've read you can undo the 8 rear beam bolts (4 on each side) and shift the car over if that makes sense. I plan to do it soon as the poke is winding me up, especially when it catches arch.

Looks epic though, I wasnt sure on the wheels when you first posted them but look great on!

Oh if you can find any more info on this it'd be grand mate cheers! :) And thanks for the kind words.

I've always hated the look of your cars (<3) but I like this. Good job for once.

Oh you!

Like that. Touch more neg camber all round would be ideal.

Already looking into it! LOL

From today, these show off the less pokey side.....

6953139433_548012082b.jpg

DSC_0022 by Jason.Easton, on Flickr

And this never gets old either...

6807021702_3ef4b22e21.jpg

DSC_0018 by Jason.Easton, on Flickr

Ah, just very slightly tucked. I can see how it would annoy you not being quite symmetrical...

FLOL at the standard Bora! Looks like a monster truck next to yours

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
I must be the only one who dosnt like the overly spaced look... I think it looks like you couldnt get the right sized wheels for you car :S :flame suit on:

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
The Polo is tidy, the Focus is horrific, the 207 is meh.

On the upside.... your photography is superb looking at Flickr.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
The Polo is tidy, the Focus is horrific, the 207 is meh.

On the upside.... your photography is superb looking at Flickr.

My opinion on the cars is exactly the same tbh LOL. And cheers! :)