ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Bora is looking pretty RUF these days...

Mini Cooper S sport
No I like driving low :(. The look you get from people of a certain vintage as you scrape down the road. You'd have thought I'd just curled one out on their grannies head.

That would be me...

Hate the broken suspension look but yes I'm an OAP. Least you're enjoying it!

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Exactly, I know in years to come I will look back and think WHAT A t**t. But I know for a fact there are people on here who used to think they were the dogs b****cks if they had a bodykit and 18" Wolfrace wheels. At least I'm enjoying it. And it's nice to have a daily oil burner that puts a smile on my face.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Seems legit.

7176936578_376234a40e.jpg

Hmm. Bit buggered. by Jason.Easton, on Flickr

7176934594_2f1bc3a71e.jpg

1 week later... by Jason.Easton, on Flickr

BECAUSE SPARKS.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I could never drive mine this low, I get scrapes as it is and I'm only on eibachs. Silly f**king mk4 platform.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I would have sealed it... if it was a set of £200 coilovers. Not £1700 worth of suspension. Meh, lesson learnt I guess! May just paint them a silly colour.

BTW that was taken a while back on a day where I was sealing a chassis notch, hence why that is looking bare.

BurnyC

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 197
Looks great. I couldn't be bothered with driving it like that but it looks awesome, fair play. :)

Seeing as I've finished uni and all that I'm looking to be a bit more sensible and have been tempted by a 1.9 TDi Bora 130...apparently they're the pick of the bunch in terms of power, tuning potential and most importantly reliability? Seems a bit of a minefield to be honest.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
So by your logic you wouldn't wax a £200k Ferrari but would a £6k Kia ;)

By that I meant, I know how s**t the quality of the metal and protection is on cheap coilovers. Therefore I'd spray the s**t out of it, usually with chain wax! (Works a treat).

Looks great. I couldn't be bothered with driving it like that but it looks awesome, fair play. :)

Seeing as I've finished uni and all that I'm looking to be a bit more sensible and have been tempted by a 1.9 TDi Bora 130...apparently they're the pick of the bunch in terms of power, tuning potential and most importantly reliability? Seems a bit of a minefield to be honest.

Correctamundo! That's why I went for it, also not that expensive to insure compared to the 150.

Freetrack&Monaco 172
Correctamundo! That's why I went for it, also not that expensive to insure compared to the 150.

I went for the GT TDI 130 PD Golf, equally as fun!

Had it Stage 1 Revo mapped (170bhp and 280 lb/ft!!!!!!) and gone for the 312mm brake conversion from the Mk1 Audi TT. With those and the Bora sport 16"s, my insurance is £460.....she bleeping shifts now too.

Even on the standard 130 bhp and 228 lb/ft they are surprisingly rapid once you get going, corners are a problem after having the Cup though. Oh and still does 55+mpg.......

:approve:

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Mine actually sounds like a jet form a distance <3

No 130s came with a dpf dude, the newer 140 2.0 engines do.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
A lad local to me has a PD150 thats had all kinds of power s**t done to it. Tried a powerflex dogbone mount bush and it just turned it to dust! LOL

BTW if anyone offers the right money I could be tempted to part with it, just I don't really need it anymore. But I love it so you'll have to make a decent offerrrrrrrrr <3

A lad local to me has a PD150 thats had all kinds of power s**t done to it. Tried a powerflex dogbone mount bush and it just turned it to dust! LOL

BTW if anyone offers the right money I could be tempted to part with it, just I don't really need it anymore. But I love it so you'll have to make a decent offerrrrrrrrr <3

Launching at Santa Pod is what kills them for my mate, well, it usually finishes them off after a few 1000 miles.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Me too! But while I'm earning decent money and work so close to home, why not have something a bit more fun to drive? That's my Man Maths anyway hah.

I would say your "man calculator" is working perfectly. ATR..;)

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
So this car sold when it was completely standard

The Guy I sold it to, then sold it to his friend. Who cant drive...

554012_10152272511750385_43295197_n.jpg

img5803.png