ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My car sits wonky after coilover fitted

pb ph2 172
also is there a difference in height at the front
for instance most of the weights at the front so surely if say the nsf is to low it would lift at the osr
just guessing

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
That looks good Dan , people forget suspension needs weight transfer to work ,and if its slammed so the cog is through the floor it all goes to pot ,

I agree with that but that car would look miles better slammed IMO as most cars do.

I may be a bit off the mark here but I think 90% of people on here buy coilovers for the lowz and not the handling.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
I may be a bit off the mark here but I think 90% of people on here buy coilovers for the lowz and not the handling.

Yup. For a road car, you dont want to just slam it on the floor, ie:

IMG_1796.jpg

banderson

ClioSport Club Member
  05' BG 182FF
I had exactly the same problem with my vmaxx mate! Jack it up, undo the shock bolts, turn the springs so the end tails sit identical (i.e both pointing to rear) put shocks back on and recheck height!

I don't know how, but this sorted mine out!!

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
I agree with that but that car would look miles better slammed IMO as most cars do.

I've had lower cars for sure

IMAG0093.jpg

282_52036295149_3969_n.jpg

I'm just getting older and sensible I guess

Dodgy one
Heres mine

IMG_2925.jpg

Doesnt have baloon tyres anymore mind, So looks a tad strange, Drives well though, Nice playfull rear end when you want too.

Infact Jim might recognise the pic ;)

Last edited:
  330Ci (Fail)Sport
Can the petrol tank cause the difference?

It's a very small difference to notice. I never even looked at the adjusters when I had coilies, I just adjusted both sides until I had desired height. Who cares if they're slightly different as long as you can get equal height on both sides.

182cup & 172 racecar
It won't be AS GOOD not corner weighted but if he has the camber/caster etc set up it will be fine, surely? We're not all racing drivers who need to have their car corner weighted for nipping to Asda and back.

People need to take a step back here, the guy was asking for help not opinions on how good or s**t his coilovers are. I'm seeing it more and more recently and it's beginning to piss me off tbh i think it's uncalled for. Just to clarify this isn't aimed at Tony lol.

Who mentioned racing drivers?

Going down a country lane, over a bump, deer, rabbit ,fox runs out, brake!! 99% chance of finding the ditch, hedge etc.

You can't just go wacking things on willy nilly and expect them to work correctly.

As said before, Renault spend trillions.

At least give things a chance to work, by getting them set up correctly, you will enjoy them much more.

as i said earlier Tony , but people obviously don't get it .

It makes far more sense to understand how and why ,and then you realise you have to .........

Clio 182
I had exactly the same problem with my vmaxx mate! Jack it up, undo the shock bolts, turn the springs so the end tails sit identical (i.e both pointing to rear) put shocks back on and recheck height!

I don't know how, but this sorted mine out!!

Im gunna try this! I know for a fact theay arent identically placed.

Loving this thread hijack too :)

Dodgy one
Im gunna try this! I know for a fact theay arent identically placed.

Loving this thread hijack too :)

So, forgive me if i've misread.

But you know they are not seated correctly and are going to rectify it?

You got reverse rake on the go too?

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
the height will niggle at you for a while!! i almost went mad trying to set some coilovers up on mine once, id adjust it perfect, drive it up the road and back, and itll be completely different!! but most of it will be in your head after youve got it set up for the first time!!

and just to jump on the band wagon, mine now!!
IMG_0767.jpg

and im not happy with it, need to lower the NSR corner slightly more!!
i think a lot of it may be down to a disproportional amount of the weight on the O/S/F corner where the engine is placed.
constant tweeting for the next few weeks may eventually leave you satisfied, or in a straight jacket!! enjoy!

Clio 182
the height will niggle at you for a while!! i almost went mad trying to set some coilovers up on mine once, id adjust it perfect, drive it up the road and back, and itll be completely different!! but most of it will be in your head after youve got it set up for the first time!!

and just to jump on the band wagon, mine now!!
IMG_0767.jpg

and im not happy with it, need to lower the NSR corner slightly more!!
i think a lot of it may be down to a disproportional amount of the weight on the O/S/F corner where the engine is placed.
constant tweeting for the next few weeks may eventually leave you satisfied, or in a straight jacket!! enjoy!

Explains why your username is struggler! Get back in your straight jacket :p