ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My clio on track with Evo owners club

Sneaky russian - Williams engine and chip, about 160bhp
Fred - shouldn't have to! if you left a gap you'd just get somone wiht a 500bhp ego over take you on the straight then hold you up the rest of the way round

Evilka - at the end of the video, theres some more after that but i drop back once losing the gear

200 cup/Btm'd ph1
Did you need to get into 5th on the straight, because i tryed it a few times and i just lost momentum. Sounded like your mk1 was running really well. Really enjoyable circuit, thought my clio would struggle with the evo's but showed alot of them up:cool:

Very lucky i even got there at all, thank god fred is 2 minutes up the road. He was working on it until about 9:15 friday night, laying in a small lake sorting my engine mounts!! The blokes a proper geezer

S2000 + E91 330D
great driving dude! evos are damn fast but you were killing them underbraking and you were able to carry so much more speed through the corners!

I wasnt using 5th earlier in the day but i was getting quicker and was bouncing 4th.
The new red gtr was seriosuly quick, had a great day and cant wait to do some more evo trackdays in the clio ;)

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Good vid, just to say also have to quickly grab 5th in my Ph2 172 as well..

Could do with a slightly raised limiter think that would be better tbh!

200 cup/Btm'd ph1
Mine was fine on the start straight, think the ph1 gears are a bit longer than wlliams and ph2.
Cant image what the track would be like running itb's and slicks. My mate by the avon tyre trying to time me, he said i was hitting about 1:23 not sure how good that is.

200 cup/Btm'd ph1
coilovers, brakes and completely stripped out. I take it thats ok then? In the briefing, one of the organisers said he did it 57 seconds a few years a ago when the chicanes wernt there.

Going by the video footage and rough timing my times were around a second or 2 slower, have a ph1 box lined up to go in mine so maybe wont need to grab 5th and will be on level terms ;)
You doing anymore days this year?

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Well for reference pretty sure nick charles in his race 106 gti in the sallon series does like 1.23's? could be wrong though...

Edit my mistake that was an old report..

1.17's in his 106 now.. a 1.23 is about the times the corsa's are doing now..

Last edited:
  200 cup/Btm'd ph1
Going by the video footage and rough timing my times were around a second or 2 slower, have a ph1 box lined up to go in mine so maybe wont need to grab 5th and will be on level terms ;)
You doing anymore days this year?

No more until about march, april time next year. Iv order a 200 cup to replace the ph1 a my daily, so can do a bit more serious work on it. Upgrades but mostly maintence, iv been to 9 track days in it this year, so its feeling a bit tired.
Will be defo booking up with MLR again, really rated all the days iv done with them.