ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Cup, now mit Recaros!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Seats look awesome, they are worth all the hardwork mate! :)

Subframes are a class bit of work. The originals are quite difficult to modify in order for Evo recaro's to fit as both myself, K1ANO and Jainy from v6clio.net can tell you.

Original Renault Sport Recaro's are very rare and expensive. The option of converting the original subframes and purchasing recaro's from the large pool of second hand evo seats is an excellent chance for people wanting to go down the Recaro route. :cool:

Well done :star:

Dont think it is so hard. My mate steve (sbv116) fitted a set before xmas out of an evo. He purchased the clio fitting kit from recaro, used the Renault sliders (like the aftermarket Trendlines i had in my Cup) Apparently only a couple of holes need modding in order to fit? The evo seats are better to as they are deeper, with a firmer feel too. They sit nice and low and are an awesome mod for a cup!!!

APR LCR225

Subframes are a class bit of work. The originals are quite difficult to modify in order for Evo recaro's to fit as both myself, K1ANO and Jainy from v6clio.net can tell you.

Original Renault Sport Recaro's are very rare and expensive. The option of converting the original subframes and purchasing recaro's from the large pool of second hand evo seats is an excellent chance for people wanting to go down the Recaro route. :cool:

Dont think it is so hard. My mate steve (sbv116) fitted a set before xmas out of an evo. He purchased the clio fitting kit from recaro, used the Renault sliders (like the aftermarket Trendlines i had in my Cup) Apparently only a couple of holes need modding in order to fit? The evo seats are better to as they are deeper, with a firmer feel too. They sit nice and low and are an awesome mod for a cup!!!

Used standard clio subframes mate, fair bit of alteration to do, wouldv taken an hour to fit with recaro frames and cost about 200quid more;)

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
ah! Yeah no worries, if your handy with a welder than its all gravy. Love them. The cup should have had the exact same seat fitted as standard.

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200

Thats the easy but expensive option, yeah it will be lot easier with new recaro subframes bought to match purposely to the clio, i was referring to trying to match the original clio subframes with the new recaro's, and still get a decent driving position with out your head being stuck in the clouds and/or cramping your legs due to the angle of front seat pad rake.

Last edited:
  "Navy" N17 TWO
Lurrrrvly Cup :)

Have you got a video of the exhaust? be great to hear it
what engine mounts have you upgraded?

Nippy white cup
Looks great m8y. When I fitted my buckets it made a huge difference to the 'feel' of the drive

Cheers

Chris

Mondeo TDCI 130
Thread revival!!v New recaro subframes made it a doddle! Worth the £200 imo! Look properly fit aswell!

clio sport 2.0 16V 2002
Hi DAN
My Xmas present was recaro from Evo :)
I would like fit to original renault subframe..
Its hard work?Please send me tip to fit :)
My nightmare is price recaro subframe :(
Than you very very much.
Alt from Czech Republic

R56 JCW
Hi DAN
My Xmas present was recaro from Evo :)
I would like fit to original renault subframe..
Its hard work?Please send me tip to fit :)
My nightmare is price recaro subframe :(
Than you very very much.
Alt from Czech Republic

He dont have this car anymore, tbh I havent heard from Dan in a long time tbh he aint logged on CS since November

I do know he has a Leon CR now