ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My DIY Respray....{Pic Heavy}

The "Pumpkin", as neighbours are calling it.......
Right peeps, before you get excited, its not a Clio Sport unfortunately, but i thought id share a "little" project ive been doing for the last few months (took this long, due to waiting for paint from the US for 2 months).

Its a Smart ForTwo, beastly 599cc!!!, and the Mrs's trainning wheels i got her. It was in white shabby as hell plastic when i bought it, and had alot of poorly done filler work / rust on the off side, so i thought while she's learning id give it a respray for her.

Its now in House Of Kolor, Tangelo Orange, Pearl base coat and the wheels are Citroen Noir Black.

Anyway for those who are interested, heres some pics of the progress and today its 98% done, bar a few little bulbs etc.

Comments welcome, shame the weathers not better to show the Pearl in the color, but you can see from the couple of pictures i took with the flash.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

13.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

I'm pleased to be offering a spray service (Post and return) to anyone who needs parts doing, and ill be cheaper than anyone, else as im doing it for the fun of it at the moment, (but with professional paints, none of this halfords crap) PM's welcome.
Comments Welcome,
Cheers,
Si

Last edited:
Not a fan of the colour, also leaving things like the bumper grill, scuttle grills, mirrors and door handles black would help break up the sea of orange.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Good job, I don't like smart cars, but out of all of them I hate yours the least.;)
How about some pics of the clio & the supra?

G51 BEN
They are all left hand drive AFAIK.....

and theres no need to blank out your number plate when you can clearly see it on one of the pics :D

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
please wear this when driving it
dark-orange-funny-face-t-shirt.png

oh and it looks good, paint looks really nice

Fiesta Zetec S TDCI
Best looking smart I've seen - thats not saying much tbh, as they are gash, but good work making it nearly bearable :p

On the other hand, I want more pics of the Supra! Is that yours?

I may want my wheels spraying early next summer - will you still do it cheaply then :p

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
I wasn't expecting to like it when you said the colour but I actually quite like it, top work though seriously.

Doesn't really matter if it's left or right. The car is about 6 inches wide so you can see whichever side you're sat on.

Good job on the respray though!

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Good Job on the Respray, but there is to much orange for me also by painting the whole car orange you have removed the colour break up and graphic layout that stop the car looking box-y.

Best looking smart I've seen - thats not saying much tbh, as they are gash, but good work making it nearly bearable :p

On the other hand, I want more pics of the Supra! Is that yours?

I may want my wheels spraying early next summer - will you still do it cheaply then :p

Yep if im still doing it, which is VERY likely as ive got all the kit now.............

Price depends what your after, options.....

1. Bare metal respray of the wheels........£20 per wheel + whatever we agree for painting.

*** Heres one im doing now to show the bare metal starting point, FOR SALE, 17" OZ to fit clio, bare metal, started the painting on these yesterday, so speak now if your interested as with a deposite you can have them ANY COLOR you like***

I have 6 of them.....which will all be sold within a week or 2, if no one wants them they will be ebay'd and will be in custom mix GUN METAL, same as the ones are my own clio (all be it, its dirty in the pictures), IMO a superb colour.

I will be looking for £500 for the 6 wheels, no tyres....freshly refurbed, in either Standard Silver, Gun Metal, Jet Black, Super White.

£550 for all 6, in tangelo......or other HOK paint, assuming i can get it quickly.....(one importer in the UK)

View attachment 46723View attachment 46724View attachment 46725 Speak now.....else its gun metal colour, these would look immense in HOK Tangelo, but i doubt there will be any takers.

This is the Gun metal color i did a while ago 16" on my Clio, BEFORE clear coat......

4.jpg

2. Standard sand + spray <££

3. Custom colour, 3 stage / 4 stage paint etc etc, i will do great deals on Tangelo HOK, even tho its £70 a litre!!

Minor / moderate kerbing is not a problem, but i cant do bends etc at the moment.

Last edited: