ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My E36 328i Sport

E36 328i
It's an M3 catback, bought the car with it on.

I wouldn't bother with one, its heavy and doesn't sound much different from standard. I've been thinking about a custom made cat back as I'd like some more noise.

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
I think mine are 10mm (I've had them off countless times but still can't remember) and they look like this for reference:

9077935105_e9206cd41b.jpg

IMG_6219 by matt_13289, on Flickr

LSD is a must! Nice car.

Ahhh f**k it - that picture has sold it for me. Spacers and coilovers next year for me.

What coilies do you have Matt?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
15mm???

The above picture is 10, TEN, and it's pretty wide.

Cancel sir, cancel.

Oh and you don't need an exhaust on a bimmer, just a tip at best. They're not meant to roar down the road, you'll just look council.

You'll learn Joeman, you'll learn.

330i. E30 Touring.
Taking Bilsteins off to fit cheapo coils - utterly crazy.

Have to say, i preferred it before.

Going to clean up the Bilsteins and keep them. It's not like it matters when it's stuck in traffic 90% of the time anyway.

I'm planning on getting a daily in the new year, so it will most likely become a lot more 'driver focused'. For now though, I'm not arsed.
Having said that, I've got a new throttle cable waiting to go on, and I'm going to order a Z3M shifter kit this week along with some fresh gearbox oil.

Strangely, your camera seems to "worsen" the car somehow?! I mean no offence in saying that, in fact quite the contrary. The car looks so much better in person IMO.

Wingmirrors aren't great but other than that and the indicators which you've already said you're changing, it's lovely.

As long as you enjoy it, who else matters?

Anyway, I need to post some love for this:

That is so nice! Despoilered looks 900% better. So, so much classier.

Agree with de-spoliering. It's certainly on my to-do list. And yeah, my pictures aren't great. I've kinda lost a bit of love with photography at the moment due to doing it day in day out with mundane s**t... But cheers Ed!

E36 328i
Ahhh f**k it - that picture has sold it for me. Spacers and coilovers next year for me.

What coilies do you have Matt?

They are shitty JOM's. The car came with them on. They aren't horrendous, but not great either. I'd like something a bit better when I have the other things I want to do sorted.

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
They are s**tty JOM's. The car came with them on. They aren't horrendous, but not great either. I'd like something a bit better when I have the other things I want to do sorted.

What do you think you'll go for?

I want to keep the ride as OEM as possible really.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Joms are shocking. My mates bent from hitting a large stone. When I say large, I mean tennis ball size, probably smaller.

WTF is going on with your spacing?

E36 328i
What do you think you'll go for?

I want to keep the ride as OEM as possible really.

Something that is easily adjustable on the rear (JOM's have adjustable spring cups, ballache). I like the look of HSD's, I think the chap who has the 328 track car on here runs them. Can't remember his user name!

E36 328i
Joey I'm going out to wash the car in a second, do you want me to whip a wheel off and check the spacer size to make sure?

If you wouldn't mind. Not sure if your wheels will have the same offset etc though. I'll do some research.

Both appear to be 17x7.5 ET42 on the front. So yeah, if you could check it'd be much appreciated! It's odd, because a friend with an E36 M3 has 15mm spacers on the front and it looks nothing like...

10715129323_a126993cc5_c.jpg

(hope you don't mind me using your picture Niall!)

Last edited:

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Picking one of these up on Saturday. 1997 in Montreal Blue - cleaner than the pope's penis!

Thinking: M50 inlet + BBTB, debaffled airbox, M3 backbox and lighter flywheel.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Ballache. Oh well just the golf tee mod for now.

I was looking at your car actually on eBay (before you got it obviously). Looked a good'un on the ad.

Had one back in 2004/5, they're so easy to drive slowly aren't they, but have the beans if you really want to shift - good for the licence, my Type R and 172 have landed me in bother a few times.

Golf tee mod isn't that bad. Mine kinda gargles when the exhaust is hot. Sounds nice enough and not loud in the slightest.
That's one thing that's really pleasantly surprised me - how it drives at slow speed. So so easy!
Yeah, got quite lucky with the lack of rust in most places. The bootlid is a bit scabby and I've found some on the passenger door, but I got it for £1400 so I'm not moaning!

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
Something that is easily adjustable on the rear (JOM's have adjustable spring cups, ballache). I like the look of HSD's, I think the chap who has the 328 track car on here runs them. Can't remember his user name!

I think his name is cruisecontrolstalk29, aka f0xy.

I like the look of them too, especially with the 0% finance deals on drift works! They are basically rebranded H+Rs too I think, the monopro version? IIRC, stretching my memory there.

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
Picking one of these up on Saturday. 1997 in Montreal Blue - cleaner than the pope's penis!

Thinking: M50 inlet + BBTB, debaffled airbox, M3 backbox and lighter flywheel.

Flywheel would be awesome. I tried to remove the CDV only to find it had already gone! The DMF makes shifting quite a chore :(

172, Tiguan
I'm glad you are fixing it, not a massive fan of what you've done so far if i'm honest.

My 328 sport made do with Eibachs, a Dave F and a GT front spoiler. Loved that car!

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Cdv? Very slow gearchange in these and a lazy rev. Flywheel definitely on the mod list.

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
Cdv? Very slow gearchange in these and a lazy rev. Flywheel definitely on the mod list.

Clutch Delay Valve - a valve that restricts the flow of fluid to the slave cylinder. Makes for sloppy clutch engagement, but gives the 'nice' 'soft' gearchanges that OAPs larvveee.