ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My E46 330ci M Sport

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Been ok. Cars been away since week last Friday for bodywork and not heard anything. Been loving the cooper d , cracking little car. I have bought a Simota Carbon intake after watching vids and trying to decide what intake to buy to release sone noise, and also a set of eibach arbs to compliment the springs, will be fitting poly bushes when I get that lot fitted.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Nice be good to get an in car sound vid tho

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
once it arrives and i get it fitted ill try and get some vids up.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
So the Simota has arrived! Unfortunately I can't fit it as the car is still with bmw for warranty work on the bodywork, been 2 weeks they said should be ready Thursday/Friday.
IMAG1013_zpswpd5adkk.jpg

IMAG1014_zps9bjhzvb9.jpg

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Update time. There is no update! 3 weeks and 1 day since I dropped the car off at BMW I still don't have it back, and they haven't called me with any updates either. im not impressed tbh. No idea what the hell they are doing to it, a full restoration perhaps. Still at least I have the courtesy car

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Update time. There is no update! 3 weeks and 1 day since I dropped the car off at BMW I still don't have it back, and they haven't called me with any updates either. im not impressed tbh. No idea what the hell they are doing to it, a full restoration perhaps. Still at least I have the courtesy car
Bloody hell that's a bit odd. Are they not contactable?

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
I phoned them over a week ago, the guy in charge of warranty work for the approved body shop said it would probably be ready last Thursday or Friday. He also gave the impression that because it's warranty work its not high on their agenda.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

They've probably painted it, not happy, painted it, not happy....

It happens!

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
I phoned them over a week ago, the guy in charge of warranty work for the approved body shop said it would probably be ready last Thursday or Friday. He also gave the impression that because it's warranty work its not high on their agenda.
It will be high on the agenda given you have a courtesy car. I'd be down there asking questions mate!

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Think they lost it pal, might as well sell me the billies and simota. 100 quid boxed off

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Don't worry about that, just see how many miles you can put on the courtesy. Or if you can go through a full set of tyres in 2000 miles or something.
Don't drive around in it too much though or you'll become an estate agent or recruitment consultant and instinctively buy a ghey private reg for it

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Really want an induction for mine, but tempted to grab a spare airbox and drill the s**t out of it instead

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
I took the little caf pipe that on mine, no difference at all so back to normal

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
update finally got a call from the bodyshop, they shotblasted the rear arch and it was worse than they thought, so have had to go back to bmw and request the ok to replace the rear arch , and its going to be another couple of weeks before i can expect it back.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
This is getting daft now! I know it's free but I'd be kicking off now!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
The want is strong with this one. How much does it go for?

It's insured for £60k once it's complete. Currently insured for £40k.

The guy has just spent £16,000 having it painted and a few new trims.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Spoke to them 2 weeks ago when they told about new wing, they said another 2 weeks then been 2 weeks. Arseholes

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
So I phoned the body shop on Friday. Car will be finished this Wednesday. Approx 7 weeks and 2 days after I dropped it off. Hopefully all will be well.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
So I phoned the body shop on Friday. Car will be finished this Wednesday. Approx 7 weeks and 2 days after I dropped it off. Hopefully all will be well.
Did they say why it's taken them 7 weeks and 2 days?!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Wow!

We've also restored a 993 C4S in that time!

As long as it's right! What is their warranty like?