ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My E46 330ci M Sport

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
IMAG0577_zps8sqjfpxm.jpg

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Bloody typical, spend a whack on bits and go out this morning and I have no power steering!! Looks like I'll need to order a new pas pump. Great. :confused:

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Sounds really nice, not much louder than standard with golf t mod from inside the car, I've not heard it from outside. No drone which is good. Phoned BMW this morning, £474 for a pas pump, flol. Phoned my independent and they quoted about £250 for the pump plus just over an hour fitting plus flush the system and fresh fluid.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
New pas pump fitted. My mate also has a 330 and he recently fitted eibach sportlines after one of his springs snapped and he recommends that get some. So might get those and poly bush some bits too.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
So these arrived, brand new bargain off eBay some private seller complete with original invoice , I paid £80
IMAG0899_zpsrwhbfevl.jpg

IMAG0900_zpsqay1xuqr.jpg

I'm also waiting to hear if bmw are going to cover a little bit of corrossion under warranty, fingers crossed as car is mint apart from this

IMAG0866_zpszifarpkk.jpg

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
I'm also waiting to hear if bmw are going to cover a little bit of corrossion under warranty, fingers crossed as car is mint apart from this

IMAG0866_zpszifarpkk.jpg

12 year corrosion warranty on ALL cars manufactured after 2004, depending on whether the paint is original or not

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Cool didn't see this thread. Looks very familiar! Ha. Hope all goes well with BMW, such a huge saving if they approve it - my E36 cost me a good few hundred and wasn't perfect. BMW have done a great job of my 330 arches tho.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
cheers, yeah im hoping they dont try and wangle out of it as tbh i dont think ill be forking out to get it sorted, not sure how much longer ill be keeping it anyway, will be 3 years this october that iv had it which is a long time for me.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Yeah I'm only 2 months in so it's not going anywhere yet. Hoping the Eibachs make it feel a bit more planted and less wafty though, but as I wanted/bought a comfy, reliable, nippy commuter I can't moan about the ride!
Not just what you can see though with rust, you'll only see the tip of the iceberg so makes the warranty go ahead even more of a plus! By the way, which oil and grade do you use? I'm on shell helix pro 5w 30 but think I'm gonna go 10w 40 with it being 12 years old and 105k, doing about 1l for every 1500 miles (by my calcs/top ups so far)

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Yeah I'm only 2 months in so it's not going anywhere yet. Hoping the Eibachs make it feel a bit more planted and less wafty though, but as I wanted/bought a comfy, reliable, nippy commuter I can't moan about the ride!
Not just what you can see though with rust, you'll only see the tip of the iceberg so makes the warranty go ahead even more of a plus! By the way, which oil and grade do you use? I'm on shell helix pro 5w 30 but think I'm gonna go 10w 40 with it being 12 years old and 105k, doing about 1l for every 1500 miles (by my calcs/top ups so far)

Wow, do these really use that much oil?!

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
3.0 do they love it. Heard some use 1l in 1000 miles or under.
Makes a huge difference though depending on grades though, hence why next oil change I'll be going 10w 40.
Some even use the 60 grade for the m3!! Doesn't sound right to me that though, 10w 40 nice middle ground.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Good news today. Bmw have approved my warranty claim so the rear arch and sills that have the bubbling will be getting sorted soon . Pretty chuffed, save me a few hundred quid that I can spend on getting the eibachs fitted and I'm looking at changing the shocks too to bilstein b4 at the same time.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Nothing like leaving it to the last minute. It was the only things letting the car down and I'm ocd with my cars so it really annoyed me, might keep it now.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Nothing like leaving it to the last minute. It was the only things letting the car down and I'm ocd with my cars so it really annoyed me, might keep it now.
Tell me about it, expensive illness we have, ha.

11 years and 11 months of a 12 year warranty last minute!

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
I wouldn't use 10w40 on a 330. Mine is on 151k and I still use 5w40. Just make sure it's a good quality oil.

Also, I've just repaired my disa valve as that was flapping all over and possibly the cause of multiple misfires on the log. £50 repair kit, took me 20 mins to do. Then there was the CCV breather kit. When removing, all pipes were brittle and the bottom return pipe to the sump was collapsing in on itself. Well worth the fix. £40 for the kit and took circa 2hours. Also replaced top n bottom intake hoses whilst I was there. £50 for the pair.

I now have peace of mind that the car runs right. Will have to see if the oil consumption changes

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
I wouldn't use 10w40 on a 330. Mine is on 151k and I still use 5w40. Just make sure it's a good quality oil.

Also, I've just repaired my disa valve as that was flapping all over and possibly the cause of multiple misfires on the log. £50 repair kit, took me 20 mins to do. Then there was the CCV breather kit. When removing, all pipes were brittle and the bottom return pipe to the sump was collapsing in on itself. Well worth the fix. £40 for the kit and took circa 2hours. Also replaced top n bottom intake hoses whilst I was there. £50 for the pair.

I now have peace of mind that the car runs right. Will have to see if the oil consumption changes
Just had all that done to mine, had a lot of yellow gunk build up on my oil Cap, was a nervous wreck til I got it repaired. Defo doing the disa valve upgrade soon

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Yep that's the one that keeps getting recommended to me so it's my next purchase once I've got my bmw back

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
It really was an easy fix. Hardest part was scraping all the old orange sealant out

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
After looking at some of the failures and what could potentially get sucked into the inlet it's frightening!

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
so peter vardy just called to confirm car is booked in for monday 25th april to get the warranty work carried out on the bodywork. apparently the reason its taken them so long to sort it out was that the warranty manager left and has been replaced which took a couple of weeks. anyway they mentioned the bodyshop they use is this place http://www.dentecpdr.co.uk/ and they will be giving me a courtesy car as they reckon it will be away monday to friday. im just glad i decided to claim under the 12yr warranty 2 weeks before it expired and they didnt reject it, saving me a few hundred quid.
when i get it back im going to get the sportlines i bought fitted, and im looking at replacing the shocks at the same time with the bilstein b4's to freshen it up, and polybush the rear traililng arms and the front lower control arms all at the same time.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Dropped the car off at bmw this morning. Got this as courtesy car, quite like it Tbf
IMAG1009_zps78tekymk.jpg

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Ha I hated mine, felt like a recruitment consultant
Was nippy tho (cooper petrol 1.5t)