ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My first car - Clio Van

Unlucky Alf

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra GTC
sport spoiler and lows, and you're half way there!
know anyone selling one cheap? preferably black lol. (dad says i should get one spray it white, opinions on this please :) ) spoiler and wheels are next on the list :)

how much am i looking at for a set of 172's with good tread all round? not too fussed on minor scuffs cause i would be spraying them black anyways, ebays not really coming up with any close by.

Unlucky Alf

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra GTC
Right. Things are happening at long last. I didn't bother doing anything with the van what with my ex being pregnant lol. Now I'm back making a bit more money I can crack on.

Over the last week I've ordered:
New, clean reg plates (using electrical tape to cover the Leeds City Council on the bottom of mine atm"

Osram nightbreakers
White led sidelights (have yellow ones in which are nearly red atm lol
Led numberplate light.
Led interior light, which makes a huge difference!
DSC_0755.jpg
DSC_0756.jpg
Some black vinyl for the dash strips. Gonna get some more for the bumpstrips too
Also a couple days ago I picked up some 172 alloys which I'm hoping to have on by Saturday if the rain stops! These will be sprayed black at some point, again weather dependant.

That's about it for now. Think the next big thing will be skirts or 172 rear bumper over the next couple months.

No pics atm though cause I'm just waiting for everything to arrive.

Unlucky Alf

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra GTC
Will I need longer wheel bolts for the alloys? Cause I imagine the alloys are thicker than steelies?

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Erm I think you do. I remember my DCI cAme with the dynamique wheels and a steel spare. The spare had its own type of wheel bolts for some reason. ( probs shorter )

Get some off here.

Unlucky Alf

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra GTC
DSC_0759.jpg
DSC_0758.jpg

Bolts seemed to go all the way through and had all the thread sticking through so put them on lol

Mickb

ClioSport Club Member
  van low and 1.6 16v
looks good with the alloys on. colour code will make all the difference too or even just the handles

Unlucky Alf

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra GTC
DSC_0766.jpg
DSC_0767.jpg

Terrible pictures but I've just finished wrapping my dash strips. Few creases on the edges but for my first attempt I think it looks alright :)

Unlucky Alf

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra GTC
I have and I think I'll have a go of re-trimming them myself in some plain fabric or something:) not sure when I'll get round to that though I just want the outside looking better for now

Unlucky Alf

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra GTC
DSC_0777.jpg
DSC_0774.jpg

Added a bit of colour to the dash strips and mirror cover. also have a nice white numberplate light that makes a huge difference!