ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My first car - Clio Van

Unlucky Alf

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra GTC
Hi guys newbie here, joined up a few months ago but never got round to posting up any pics of my car (well, van :cool:)
Got this little beast a few months back and i'm happy with everything on it so far (even the lights :clown:)
1.5td
78,000 miles on the clock
really good condition for a van (ex council, hence the lights on the roof), one or two small dents nothing noticable.
got it for £1600.

anyways less chat more pics:
day i got it:

after a clean:

My mascot:

Then whilst out and about i saw another one! Id never seen a clio van before and when i go and get one, i see another a week later :cool:;

Plans are:
Remove headlights and get roof resprayed gloss black
colour code bumpstrips all round
Clio 182 alloys (red or anthracite?)
get it lowered
NEEDS a CD player, radio1 gets boring at times lol.
open to any ideas/suggestions
Then maybe look into exhausts and stuff like that.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
c682641f.jpg

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
this will be a fun car ha...

get fogs, white wingmirrors, white front and back bump strip and white handles, the side bump strips are a nice contrast in black.

a spoiler, standard dynamique or cup, i reckon black alloys will do this justice, red would look out of place do you not think?

i look forward to seeing the black roof :D

IGNORE THAT SORRY, COPY TUNST's pic ha

Last edited:

Unlucky Alf

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra GTC
tunst, i have a few pics of that van saved on my computer <3

i like the red and white theme that van had going on thats why i fancied red wheels, think i might go for black or a dark colour though.
and i like the spoiler that van has :D

dont know when the roof will get done, me and my dad will be taking the lights off and filling it etc. then i'll get it booked in for the roof doing, dads gonna ask the guys how much for colour coding mine aswell tomorrow when he goes to get his car back from the sprayers.

alsoo.. what headlights are some of the clios? the white ones? my dad said HIDs wont fit in mine? but some look like they have them, unless theyre just good bulbs?
(yeah im useless at this sorta stuff lol)

Last edited:

Unlucky Alf

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra GTC
oh they work! bright as f**k! my dad thought the gritters were out when i was playing with them last night, looks like a disco :D

330 Ci

THIS^ makes me want to sell up and get a clio van! I know i shouldn't and won't, but do really want to - something about them just looks right when decked and on nice rims :lolup:

Considered Porsche Reps for it? I think there was a euro'd 1.2 on here with them on and it looked bang tidy!

1.6 Ford Focus
Where are you from mate? I was thinking over the weekend I have never seen a Ph2 white Clio, I left for work on Monday morning and I see one exactly like this! Was in the Harlow/North Weald area.

Clio 1.2 51 Mk2 Ph2
THIS^ makes me want to sell up and get a clio van! I know i shouldn't and won't, but do really want to - something about them just looks right when decked and on nice rims :lolup:

Considered Porsche Reps for it? I think there was a euro'd 1.2 on here with them on and it looked bang tidy!

that is the clio van that has the 928 alloys not in that picture but he does have them
he's also on air suspension which i want !

Unlucky Alf

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra GTC
Where are you from mate? I was thinking over the weekend I have never seen a Ph2 white Clio, I left for work on Monday morning and I see one exactly like this! Was in the Harlow/North Weald area.

im fom burnley - north west, so not so close haha.
theres a few white clios round here, all phase ones though, i like the looks of the ph2 more so im glad i got this :D

Mk5 Ibiza Cupra
thats mint, i love clio vans! defo keep the lights on the roof hahaha.

thats not a nasty stonechip on the window next the mascot is it???

Unlucky Alf

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra GTC
im having fun with the lights for now, was even gonna get ghostbusters stickers for in the yellow bit :p
and it is indeed a chip :( been filled though so shouldnt crack (yn)

Mk5 Ibiza Cupra
whole ghostbusters theme would be quality haha! maybe go for the rat look? i love them if you dont mind getting the old angle grinder out onto the bodywork lol

Unlucky Alf

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra GTC
wouldnt dare go rat with this lol, dad was already going on one about red wheels being s**t and making the car worthless :L
and rhys that was an option too but i dunno how you go about doing that? already told dad enough to shutup about banded steelies and stretched tyres, he hates em and said i shouldnt get em lol

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
wouldnt dare go rat with this lol, dad was already going on one about red wheels being s**t and making the car worthless :L
and rhys that was an option too but i dunno how you go about doing that? already told dad enough to shutup about banded steelies and stretched tyres, he hates em and said i shouldnt get em lol

,mate its your car. do as you please. dont listen to parents, (cause im a rebel me) and i havent the foggiest how to go aout it. someone on here will though, and its a lot cheaper than a full new set of alloys...also they look sick as f**k, as they are proper renault ones aswell.

Unlucky Alf

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra GTC
ok i did a photoshop (well, MS paint, really need to get PS back!) of what i want my baby beast to look like when im done. Mods should start not long after christmas hopefully...
(those yellow lines on the roof are meant to be little pinstripes, theyd only be thin little ones like on the lupo, ive done 2 versions and cant decide which i like best.)

cleeyo.png

cleeyo2.png

and the lupo
1001775s.jpg

Unlucky Alf

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra GTC
few new MS paint-shops lol.
duhunyad.png

and and and!! Today i i ordered a little ghostbuster sticker for the lights :cool:

Black Clio GT
just bin the crap beacons, band the standard steel wheels and deck it, job done!!!

clio vans are awesome :)

Unlucky Alf

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra GTC
okay update could be coming soon!
A work colleuges boyfriend decommisions police vans and things for a job, i'm meeting him on saturday and he's gonna price it up to get rid of my lights, fill it, and spray it black, apparently it shouldnt cost more than £150 which i think is a bargain! I got quoted £450 the other day by a different garage ! Im still undecided though, matte black, or gloss?
Im thinking if its gloss and the filler sinks it'll show up as little halos on the roof? I'll find out on saturday morning how its getting done anyways but i still think gloss would look best :)
And once this is done there will be no more rattling! F**King hate the lights rattling 24/7!

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
do you want some of the alcantra front seats ? im takin mine out and fitting buckets, really would improve the look inside with these

Unlucky Alf

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra GTC
A full respray for £150?!?
Gloss black... 172 alloys in black... Stealth it ftw

sorry i didnt really word it right, i meant the roof sprayed black, i was in college and the battery was running low on the laptop so just typed as quick as i could lol.

and alex a combination of s**t weather and me being skint has stopped me from getting rid, me and my dad were gonna take them off at one point, i have snuck through a few road works in preston with them on though:race:
hopefully more decorating jobs will come up so i have more money to throw at it, but for now im just doing a bit at a time, mx1 I'd like the seats but i'm also planning a holiday to turkey this summer so need to save for that. Plus with it being used for work and stuff i've got seat covers over the originals to cover the holes.

Unlucky Alf

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra GTC
Gave it a quick clean earlier beause its been begging for one for months!

who ya gonna call?

Last edited by a moderator:

Mickb

ClioSport Club Member
  van low and 1.6 16v
hahah love the stickers. i want the lights.but the led ones. but f**k me there expensive.

nice wee base van. like your ideas. glad you like my van. although it w**k the now. reqs some attention. theres loads of 928 wheels kicking about the now

Unlucky Alf

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra GTC
lol there's another clio van goes round here with orange lights on, but they go right along the width of the car, theyre huge! :L

picked up an RS grill today for £30 which should hopefully be going on this weekend, and fingers crossed my roofs still getting done saturday as when i went to the garage the other day it was shut!

Unlucky Alf

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra GTC
okay, roofs getting the lights taken off this saturday, then sprayed black next saturday, plans changed as i got caught speeding last week and the letter came through friday just gone. (n)
41 in a 30 zone, 1mph under the speed awareness course limit, so i'm hoping i get offered that instead of the 3 points. didnt think the police vans radars caught me from as far away as i was but they did lol

clio mk2 1.6 16v
im a fan of the clio vans and i especially like the white one on air. make us proud with this mate!! shame about the speeding ticket.. the plans sound good and i think black wheels with black roof would look sick!! keep posting man!