ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My first Renault RB 182

RB 182 FF
IMG_0795.JPG
I've always fancied a 182, mainly been into Golfs but after a spell with an unreliable MK5 GTI i decided to bite the bullet and go back to N/A. I was looking at 182's and EP3 Type R's but after looking at numerous cars most being either not quite as described or total sheds I was giving up.

Eventually I spotted this one on Facebook so went to look and ended up buying it. Is an early 2004 FF, 69k with plenty of history in good condition for the year. To be honest, when i first saw it and spotted matching Michelin tyres I was pretty sure it was what I was looking for. Its lightly modded with a Toyosport cat back and decat, fatty induction kit and Cooksport springs.
Plans for it are a general tidy up of the wheels as there is some curbing, paint the dash plastics and scrub the seatbelts (usual stuff), replace the exhaust rubbers and climate unit as the buttons are worn. I may grab some spacers in the future and depending on how the new mounts fit change the exhaust for an RS192.
IMG_0794.JPG
IMG_0793.JPG

IMG_0796.JPG

Really just looking to use it as my daily and and the odd B Road blast, possibly a couple of laps around Castle Combe.

As I live close to Cheddar Gorge I figured it would be rude not to go for a blast and take a couple of pics.
IMG_0799.JPG
IMG_0798.JPG

Love the car so far, loads of fun to drive and reminds me of how much more fun old school hot hatches can be.

Last edited:
  RB 182 FF
So it's been an expensive week, had the aux belt and tensioner done as its been on for just shy of 30k, couple of new PS3'sand got rid of the bus wheel and tidied up some of the dash plastics. Also tidied up the the headlights.

IMG_0913.JPG
IMG_1143.JPG
IMG_1149.JPG
IMG_1148.JPG
IMG_0906.JPG
IMG_0995.JPG
IMG_1935.JPG

I also have a habit of taking photos when I park next to another Clio. It's becoming a problem:disappointed:

IMG_1113.JPG
IMG_0957.JPG
6BB22BE9-B1F1-4D2E-9E1D-5AAF98A94336.jpg

And in an act of genius managed to get my thumb crushed in a spring compressor helping a friend fix his wife's BMW. :tired: :down:
IMG_1124.JPG

RB 182 FF
Every time I take this car apart I find bits of work i don't like. 3 out of 4 springs missing from the pads, and the fourth bent to poke out of the slot in the caliper. This along with the spring cap on the front strut not even remotely lined up with the spring, and the burned wires on the old head unit don't inspire much confidence.
IMG_1094.JPG

RB 182 FF
Been a while since i last updated this but 2 years down the line, and still have the RB. I've not done much other than drive it and maintain it really. I have added a Milltek exhaust to replace the cracked, poorly fitting Toyosports one the car came with, some washer blanks that i painted in the garden, a new gearknob and cruise control buttons. But it's been an expensive few months needing new tyres, belts, clutch, steering rack and drive shafts. hers a few pics since I last posted.
535FCAE6-C1F2-452D-B5CF-7E266C801719.jpg
IMG_6464.JPG
abdOUSGgS9GAw01LY2YsGw.jpg
nkWDX9ujQGuQpbT4nR0lvg.jpg
GdqdexnHTm6KzPmsvIPKPw.jpg
fullsizeoutput_81d.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_71a.jpeg
ETplUs95R0O4y8cNTfhJGA.jpg

Attachments

• WPOuFiUfSp+QXVTDrgTARw.jpg
    WPOuFiUfSp+QXVTDrgTARw.jpg
    636.2 KB · Views: 205