ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My homemade attempt at weighing my Cup...

lol, Mark do what you will, but your wasting your time.

for an ACCURATE weight which is the whole point of this exercise get to a weighbridge.

To make comedy videos (which btw was excellent) continue on this fruitless journey...

FF 182, K5 GSX-R1000
Mark, All levels are the same but for the scale to measure it must take the weight thus compress slightly, this will adjust balance and so less force will be measure as the others take up that very slight movement.

The four scales all compress together.

fiesta 1.25
yes and that means you would need your back wheels higher than the others when weighing a front wheel as they wouldnt compress as much if they were on scales.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Mark, All levels are the same but for the scale to measure it must take the weight thus compress slightly, this will adjust balance and so less force will be measure as the others take up that very slight movement.

The four scales all compress together.

yes and that means you would need your back wheels higher than the others when weighing a front wheel as they wouldnt compress as much if they were on scales.

The pallet scales I'm using are infinitely adjustable height-wise (it's designed to lift pallets) so I'm able to very accurately ensure that when all 4 tyres are at rest either on card or the scales, they are in the same position relative to each other. This is the point you made Paul - for the corner weight scales to work...the car must be static and the wheels positions/heights relative to each other must be constant.

This is the only thing that matters to this method - if I can get that right, I have (scale calibration permitting) an accurate result - in effect, I'm doing the same job as the corner scales but doing it one wheel at a time. The fact that I'm taking out card and putting in pallet scales doesn't affect anything so long as the car's position remains constant.

I know no one's intereted - but this has become a challenge to me now. In my head I'm absolutely certain this will work, and can't see whay everyone has such a problem grasping that. I didn't do this accurate height thing first time round, so I'm going to make another 'video' properly and either prove you all wrong, or concede defeat.

Any suggestions for music this time round?

'92 172, Lotus Elise
lol at this thread

you have far too much free time mark ;)

i think the reasons have been said already, suspension take up and the fact that the wheel being measured was not done at the same height - whack a board on the pallet truck (and maybe an extra one under each wheel if the pallet truck doesnt go down far enough) so that when weighed they're all at the same height, consistantly

should get an accurate answer ;)

alternatively, find the drag coefficient and drop it off a cliff :D

:edit: as you said above :eek: