ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Mark Fish Clio cup track car

Cup Turbo, Flamer
Just thought I’d go through a sort of diary as it were, of the events my car has gone through over the past 1-2 months…

After already being halfway through this track car project, and wondering whether I should go the whole way with, I decided f**k it, so all the carpet went as did the old half cage…

DSC00684.jpg

The next step was to attempt to get the OMP 6 point cage in, which surprisingly enough was easier than I thought…

DSC00686.jpg

DSC00689.jpg

Work in progress (good old dad!)

DSC00688.jpg

Now unfortunately, we came across a few problems with the main roll cage hoop, namely it not reaching the bottom of the car and a 4 inch gap! After a few phone calls and enquires I decided to leave the roll cage just laying in the car until I found somebody to sort it out for me!

Right so that’s the cage in….seats back in, harnesses back in…done.

DSC00694.jpg

DSC00693.jpg

Now I know you lot are thinking (I’ve heard it so many time before!) GET THOSE HARNESSES OFF THE REAR STRUTBRACE, this was only a short term thing, and if you carry on reading then you’ll find the changes a bit later in the post…

Now the cage was in, I could get round to fitting my AWT inlet manifold, which I must say was a work of art compared to the old unit I took off..

OLD INLET ALL ROUGH EDGED
DSC00696.jpg

AWT INLET – ALL SMOOOOOTH
DSC00700.jpg

WORK IN PROGRESS
DSC00698.jpg

After fitting, I took it for a quick spin, with the cage bouncing around when I went over every single bump I decided to only go out quickly and the car did seem to pic up quicker lower down with the inlet on, impressed, I certainly was!

Now after many sleepless nights, on thinks what to do next I decided to go for some engine mods. The short term I thought would be cams and a remap, so a few phone calls to GDI later I was in possession of some CAT 428 camshafts!!

After having the cams in my possession the next question I asked was, who shall I get to fit them?? I did a lot of research on this, and due to how close he was and the reputation he has with clios Mark Fish was the final decision, and after many phone calls I had it booked in and all was well! All I can say is, Mark is a top, top bloke and always informs you of what/why he is doing things, which to be honest filled be with confidence no end!
Whilst it was there I gave Mark a huge list of what I wanted doing, included was…

Fit cams
Cambelt kit
48k service
Bolt and weld it cage
Sort harnesses out
Etc etc

I picked the car up Saturday from Mark and it ran so smoothly with the fresh belts, service and cams, I thought to myself once this is mapped its going to be the best thing since sliced bread! Here are some pics of his work….

FRONT BOLTED AND WELDED
DSC00798.jpg

SIDE MOUNTS MADE AND BOLTED/WELDED IN
DSC00801.jpg

NEW REAR WITH HARNESSES CLIPPED INTO EYELETS BOLTED THROUGH THE FLOOR
DSC00802.jpg

Well the conclusion…

I had it mapped today at Sanspeed, (must say their new Dyno Dynamics RR look V fancy!!) anyway… the result is 204hp which I’m chuffed about really, was expecting about 200 which is the norm so I’m v pleased!!

Here’s the pics of the outside with the cage in…

DSC00687.jpg

DSC00695.jpg

Well there she is! Wheels are for track, speedlines should be going back on shortly!

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
looking good chief...ph'2 are'nt the best track wheel tbh they are heavy and don't like alot of heat.

Cup Turbo, Flamer
Ah really, i'll get rid then, when these tyres are fooked, only £25 from breakers so no sleep lost!

M

mini-valver

After all the hoo-har about harness mounting points, Mark Fish puts them there?
Looks mint on the ph2 wheels mate! Weird thing with the cage, was it brand new?

Cup Turbo, Flamer

Yeah i thought they had to be at a certain angle etc, but if he's done them like that then i'm not gonna argue! Nah second hand cage but there is a 182 on here with the same cage he had to make up some brackets as well, strange!

M

mini-valver

Yeah i thought they had to be at a certain angle etc, but if he's done them like that then i'm not gonna argue! Nah second hand cage but there is a 182 on here with the same cage he had to make up some brackets as well, strange!

I was going to say, If Mark has put them there then who am I to question! Edde has a good point though.

Omp must know about this? They're supposed to be bolt in, should'nt have to be fabricating brackets etc!

Renaultsport 220T
Love it. :)

Can I ask, why are the 'belts crossed over?

Because of their length.

John, I had a look at work in progress last Tuesday at Mark's, old cams were just coming out. Looks wicked. Very impressed. You'll have to take me for a spin soon.

Car needs some graphics now for final touch.

:cool:

Cup Turbo, Flamer
Love it. :)

Can I ask, why are the 'belts crossed over?

Because of their length.

John, I had a look at work in progress last Tuesday at Mark's, old cams were just coming out. Looks wicked. Very impressed. You'll have to take me for a spin soon.

Car needs some graphics now for final touch.

:cool:

Yeah any time mate, have to arrange a meet soon then i'll take ya out! Been looking at graphics, don't want anything too lairy though, i few subtle ones would look good!

RB 182
Saw this on Saturday and it was awesome! I can post the pictures I took on Saturday as well if you want John.

172 Cup SOLD
Awesome stuff John, the cage makes a huge difference!!

Glad to see my carpets been put to good use

clio 200 F4Rt
looking good!

as for the cage, all bolt in cages will need the base plates welded in, and then the cage will 'bolt' to those. hence the name.

I hope to get my track project running asap! just gotta shift this damned impreza!