ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Mark Fish Clio cup track car

M2 Competition
I think my rears about the same height as that mate. If i put stuff in the back the tyres disappear, lol.

Phil - Yeah mate. The two adjusters that screw together arnt needed. If you remove them the spring will just sit on the spring platform, as if you just had lowering springs.

Will try take a pic of mine at some point.

M

mini-valver

They are bolted through the axle on KW's so you can't,m they don't use the pigtail spring design, it's a linear spring like the front set-up.

M

mini-valver

Philthy, look under the car at the rear spring, it wont sit on the axle moulding right as its a different spring design.

Well, Middos V2's were anyway!

M2 Competition
The height adjusters at the rear, that sit over the spring platform and then the spring sits on top are bolted through the axle? Explain...

If thats the case easy to run different springs either way. Leda do shorter springs.

M

mini-valver

They go through the hole in the axle and bolt together, the spring sits on that. I'll try and find a pic....

Exige S1 + Honda S1
i thought they looked to be sitting at a funny angle anyway.
I can see your point of taking the adjusters out completely would drop it another 10-15mm which would be about perfect with the 16s

but mgiht have to be shorter springs if mini-valver is right

M

mini-valver

The spring is loose on the platform but the platfor is bolted to the axle. The springs on the KW's are straight not oval so it wouldnt sit right on the axle and rattle like a b*****d. Does that make sense? Can't explain it very well without hand movements, lol.

The spring is loose on the platform but the platfor is bolted to the axle. The springs on the KW's are straight not oval so it wouldnt sit right on the axle and rattle like a b*****d. Does that make sense? Can't explain it very well without hand movements, lol.

Some makes do have a platform that bolts to the axle.
straight springs as used in the LEDA and other kits (kw apparently - never seen them) sit fine on the std axle. they dont rattle.

The eibach race coils are avalaible in different lengths, widths and lb's. Deamon tweeks sell them.

Johnc172 - have you spoken to mark about your rear springs? Get some eibach race coils!

Didn't even think about that! How much are they you know?

These are not prices from mark but front springs are about £55+v
rears are probably cheaper arround the £40+v mark also avaliable from deamon tweeks if you know what length/width/spring rate you want!

Cup Turbo, Flamer
Well......I haven't updated this for a while so thought i would...

Not much has happened in the modification stakes really, I was just getting the car ready for Bedford (which is now about a month ago)

From the previous posts you can see i bought some colway slicks, i know they were re-moulds so don't give me s**t, i wanted to see what they were like....if you read on you will see what happened..

My first lap out and my first time out with slicks, i took it really easy, but obviously not easy enough as i span on the 3rd corner! After the tyres has warmed up and i started to do some flying laps, my thoughts of the tyres were, ok these aren't too bad, T1R's were better but for cheap i couldn't complain, then about 5 laps in BANG and lots of slapping noises!! I thought WTF so pulled in the pits to see this....

n718470019_905150_9733.jpg

Which resulted in my arch liner being ripped out and a chunk of my side skirt..

n718470019_905146_8598.jpg

I couldn't beleive it at all, i thought it must have been a dodgy tyre, so put my road tyres back to the rear and but another slick on the front, exactly the same thing happened!!!

Here's the 2 together...what a mess eh!!

n718470019_905156_1454.jpg

So following from that...my conclusion DON'T GET REMOULDS!!!! Like i said don't give me s**t for buying them, at least i had the bottle to try them rather than umming and arrring!

Here's a pic with the pink rims on before i went out on track, looks mint haha!!

n718470019_905122_2061.jpg

After the track day, packed up shop and started to leave the track, when breaking i heard ALOT of metal on metal, i knew exactly what that meant, no brakes left!! Quick trip to Halfrauds and £13 later i now had a new set of pads, great for get me home pads!

now that was about 3 weeks ago....since then my syncros in 3rd have 4th have completely gone, and on Sunday night my clutch died!!

So before I go on track again i need...new front brake set up new clutch and a recon box! Woohoo LOL!

As you can prob tell there's a lot to do, i'll be updating this alot of the next few months as the rebuild begins, it's coming back better and stronger so keep posted....

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Fu*king Hell! I did lol a bit at the tyres.

Remoulds arent worth it with the price of tyres these days.

172, Tiguan
I've heard reasonable things about those Colways as well! How old were they mate?

I heard about your clutch and gearbox problems from Steve. Real RS cull going on at the mo! Mark is going to be a busy guy over the next month!

Exige S1 + Honda S1
the colways break up really easily under heat.

r888s/yoko a048s are expensive but last quite a bit longer

Cup Turbo, Flamer
I've heard reasonable things about those Colways as well! How old were they mate?

I heard about your clutch and gearbox problems from Steve. Real RS cull going on at the mo! Mark is going to be a busy guy over the next month!

Yeah I heard they were reasonable as well, but erm...they ain't good LOL!

Yeah i've seen a lot on here go recently, to be fair it hasn't had an easy life at all, from day one really!

I'll be taking it to Mark for sure, just a matter of getting the car to him and looking at the funds!!

Those Colways must have been way past they're ideal usage date surely?

They are (or were) FIA approved after all.

Brand new from tweeks, fitted and used about a month after them being purchased!

I think they were just really terrible!

Clio 197 F1 R27
Roll cage chromed would look nuts, my mate who runs EnvyPerformance can get it chromed for you if interested.

182 ff with cup pack's
i was thinking bout getting sum of them colways think they would be a nice cheap tyre for trackdays but seeing your results i mite give them a miss. hope u get your car sorted. i think i mite of seen it at the ring last easter was u there?