ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My MK1 Clio starting to make it look Euro!!

Mustang, S13, AX GT
Hi every-one, stop being arseholes and try and be constructive if you dont like the car. Also you can clearly read what the OP is writing, so there is no need to be a smart ass about his spelling this isn't an English lesson..

The only constructive thing i can personaly say is... ripp every thing off and start again. read onto what euro is all about. im no guru but really that car is about as euro as a dump truck.
think about what colours to use not random splodges of orange. theres got to be a colour flow. and a clio chalkboard isnt very good either.

i think ive been constructive, sorry if you think its not.

Wow that's pretty f**king awful. I bet it's a real "headturner" because people are wondering wtf you've done to it. Probably pretty 'rare' too.

Phase 1 172
keep the wheels all black and lose all the orange and silly stickers its to "in your face" and not for a good reason, drop the back a little more an it would look alot nicer IMO.

certainly a case where less is more for this car would be perfect.

oh and please educate the individual who said "you wanna get hold of a redtop"

1.4 clio s maxim
lose the shitty stickers, the shitty wheels, and that awful exhaust. Maybe get yourself a set of alloys like the ones i had on my clio
picture11.jpg

dafteddies-152.jpg

my wheels were bbs ra's, bbs rm's would look very well. Plenty of other really cool wee wheels out their for clio's. most of the germans ones will fit once your bore out the centres to 60.1. get ones with an et25 or slighty above for some stance

RS172
whats wrong with the comment on the redtop?

I myself have a C20XE engine in one of my mk1's...

nothing wrong with that considering im kicking out 280 bhp @ fly...:lolup:

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Then why do you have a 1.2?

Not trying to be funny just curious?

RS172
my 1.2 is a mk1 ph2 and the C20XE went into my Mk1 Ph1

lol, i've got three clio's and my other ones a williams look alike.

also got my 93 mini Tahiti :rasp:

350z GT
Sorry but not a huge fan.....prefer williams-rep's one tbh....thats closer to euro :)

if you decide to go rat look though then i think with a bit of work could look good....but yeah lose the orange an change the wheels....then get smoothing :)

likin the effort your puttin in anyway lol

MK5 Fiesta Zetec S
there is a metro parked outside my house ATM and im afraid to say it looks better than your car!

"williams-rep" your car looks beautiful please please give this guy some guidance!

mk2 ph1 1.4 S
Looks good-ish... Needs a set of polished rims, alot lower and ALOT more smoothing to be anywhere near euro though!

Look at the Belgian scene, they build epic euro rides!

2008 Clio 1.2 TCE
lose the shitty stickers, the shitty wheels, and that awful exhaust. Maybe get yourself a set of alloys like the ones i had on my clio
picture11.jpg

dafteddies-152.jpg

my wheels were bbs ra's, bbs rm's would look very well. Plenty of other really cool wee wheels out their for clio's. most of the germans ones will fit once your bore out the centres to 60.1. get ones with an et25 or slighty above for some stance

That was at Daft Edies car show earlier this year wasn't it?

Had look round it.. Class looking car.

MK1 Clio 1.2RN (mod)
MAn alive you lot can be HARSH.... No different to any other forum i guess. I am a newbie, so i should perhaps hold off on the criticisms, but still:

Exhaust: It's ok, 'cherry bomb' style i would be feeling more. It's very loud, is it a straight pipe? Induction kit too? It does almost sound 'too big'.

Paint: Not feeling the orange bits, and wheels black as well is a bit too much: Maybe white wheels? Or orange? And i would HAVE to get some laquer on that paint (just personal opinion!!)

But i love the fact you are making it completely yours, i love that about modding, it's so personal.

Anyway i'm new to hear so 'HI'

Going to post some pictures of my 1.2 soon, get someadvice from you guys too on squeezing 100BHP from a 1.2 8v SPEfi!

clio 1.4
Right as i have been into vw's for the last 2 year's i thought i should let you know as i know what euro is this isnt it matey.
I think some of the comments are pretty brutal yes but i also think there very fair,The car does look very much a rat not close to euro.
If i was you i would drop it on its arse and put some bbs reps or something with a polished lip and maybe a rusted bonnet.

AND GET RID OF THE BLOODY ORANGE AND ALL THE STICKERS :dapprove:

Stuiemc

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi RS3, Clio 172
My advice is do what you want at the end of the day your driving it. Most of the people who have commented on here follow the pack. But Youll find most mags choose the cars with uniqueness not saying don't listen to everything that people have to say but if you feel its right stick with it. You should right some future plans down aswell so people can see sort of where your trying to get to. Good luck!

P.S Some people forget a car canit go from standard to euro in over a night

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
my 1.2 is a mk1 ph2 and the C20XE went into my Mk1 Ph1

lol, i've got three clio's and my other ones a williams look alike.

also got my 93 mini Tahiti :rasp:

so why when asked what car you own do you declare the worst of the bunch??
keyboard warrior alert me thinks!
pics, or GTFO!

and to the OP,
the paintwork looks alright,
and the smoothing is spot on,

HOWEVER, to make a 1.2 look good, you need to drop it literally to the floor!!
and get some wheels that are worth more than the car,

id get rid of the exhaust too, it looks downright chavy,

Last edited:
lose the s**tty stickers, the s**tty wheels, and that awful exhaust. Maybe get yourself a set of alloys like the ones i had on my clio

That's absolutely Gorgeous.
Very well done sir. Esp since it's a PH3!

As for the OP's car, I'm not so keen, but whatever floats your boat... right?

Right as i have been into vw's for the last 2 year's i thought i should let you know as i know what euro is this isnt it matey.
I think some of the comments are pretty brutal yes but i also think there very fair,The car does look very much a rat not close to euro.
If i was you i would drop it on its arse and put some bbs reps or something with a polished lip and maybe a rusted bonnet.

AND GET RID OF THE BLOODY ORANGE AND ALL THE STICKERS :dapprove:

You can't rust a bonnet full of filler! haha

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
a good start would have been R5 wheels refurbed silver, with low profile tyres, 80mm lowering springs and a side exit exhaust. that would of been more "euro" than what you have atm bud, i think you have the wrong impression of the loosely used term "euro" and thats why you've got it soooo wrong. Car doesn't have to be smooth to be euro, simply small wheels and a hefty drop inc stance puts you in that league.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I like the "no fat chicks" sticker. Next to the 6 inches of arch gap.

That's my favorite!

Seriously mate, ignore the negative and look at the positive feedback in this thread for inspiration.