ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my mk1 cup racer blog (updates page 29)

GDI 227bhp ITB`d 172 cup
Re: My mk1 track car blog

woohoo 106 passed its mot today :D

means there will be more money to spend on the clio this month :clap:

now where did i put that carbon fibre supplier website :evil: :cool:

what supplier is that then mate, cause i fancy sum goodies 4 the cup!

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer

loving it! wish i was clever enough to do iy myself! ... going to have words with my dad so he can start teachin me!

if you're dads got the knowledge mate then get learning lol

i learnt the basics from my brother (was a mechanic with vauxhall for years) but then he changed careers and i carried on with cars, nowadays he rings me for advice! lol

what supplier is that then mate, cause i fancy sum goodies 4 the cup

as far as i have seen on their website they only do stuff for mk1's, but i'll double check :)

GDI 227bhp ITB`d 172 cup

^^cheers mate, want sum cardon door cards plus bonnet + possibly a boot lid but don`t fink any1 makes them :(

^^cheers mate, want sum cardon door cards plus bonnet + possibly a boot lid but don`t fink any1 makes them :(

right well the site says this

'Suitable for all 3-door Renault Clio, Mk 1 or Mk 2 (1990-1998, 1998-2005)'

oh and this is for carbon door cards btw, ive just ordered mine :cool: i will let you know what the quality is like when they arrive :)

cheers ollie, hopefully after the weekend i will have a bit more to report (i only get weekends to work on it :dapprove: so progress is a bit slow)

well what can i say, wayne is an absolute legend! sent me some alternator brackets and chucked in a clio wiring cd for good measure! that makes things a damn site easier (not for me like as im crap with wiring, but i have 2 mates who are electricians so they'll sort that :D )

cheers bud

GDI 227bhp ITB`d 172 cup

geesus69, sound mate, do u hav the website address 4 me :eek: :D

certainly will mate :D

i was gonna keep it on the low until i had recieved mine, just incase quality wasnt so good :eek:

E92 M3 Monte Carlo

i was gonna keep it on the low until i had recieved mine, just incase quality wasnt so good :eek:

there probably the ones i've just had doorcards off,there ok but take ages to turn up

there probably the ones i've just had doorcards off,there ok but take ages to turn up

dont mind about delivery time, car isnt going anywhere for a while lol

how is the quality of them mate? any pics?

GDI 227bhp ITB`d 172 cup

let us know what the quality is like when u recieve ur`s cause i`ll order sum :D

right so today i started with this

DSC00325.jpg

DSC00326.jpg

DSC00327.jpg

and eventually ended up with this

DSC00328.jpg

DSC00330.jpg

its sat on 2 mounts, engine and dogbone (although thats the valver lower part of the engine mount, does anyone know if i need the full 172 mount?)

got a bit of fettling to do to sort the gearbox mount, not entirely sure what to do with it at the mo :S

so at least its in there, still a looooooong way to go!! :rolleyes:

oh and and after another visit from the angle grinder the bonnet is back on :D

chuff bags!!! i was wondering f it would drop it any lower lmao

f**ck knows what to do with the gearbox mount! might just get the 172 brace hole tapped to suit the thread on the valver bush, what you reckon?

its either that or get the full 172 setup and use that?

oh and anyone know about the speedo drive on the box, the current one on there has a plug connector, whereas i wanna use the original valver one, can i just remove the plug connector and replace it with the valver one?

Ph1 Sport

They look any good or they just a flat panel mate? i think i might get some :D

oh and this is for carbon door cards btw, ive just ordered mine :cool: i will let you know what the quality is like when they arrive :)

cheers ollie, hopefully after the weekend i will have a bit more to report (i only get weekends to work on it :dapprove: so progress is a bit slow)

E92 M3 Monte Carlo

They look any good or they just a flat panel mate? i think i might get some :D

yeah just flat i've just had a set there ok but a lot of money for what they are

carbone lorraine pads arrived this morning
icon_biggrin.gif
cheers to matty w for a very quick service!
icon_cool.gif

DSC00343.jpg

also got an email from the carbon fibre place, been told roughly 3 weeks for them to arrive as they are made to order and the shop is extremely busy, i told them no rush as ive got plenty to be getting on with
icon_rolleyes.gif

E92 M3 Monte Carlo

carbone lorraine pads arrived this morning
icon_biggrin.gif
cheers to matty w for a very quick service!
icon_cool.gif

DSC00343.jpg

also got an email from the carbon fibre place, been told roughly 3 weeks for them to arrive as they are made to order and the shop is extremely busy, i told them no rush as ive got plenty to be getting on with
icon_rolleyes.gif

glad you got them ok

not really an update, but ive got a busy weekend so won't be able to work on the clio at all!!

so i thought i would cheer myself up by buying some goodies lol

so after hearing my seats will arrive on monday i bought some omp subframes and sparco sidemounts, hopefully they will mate up ok, fingers crossed lol

then got on to gsf website and ordered some brembo max discs to go with my carbone lorraine pads :D

also last night i picked up an alternator, starter and full 172 gearbox mount from trev (cheers mate once again! half of the bits on this car are off you lmao) so come next weekend i will be ready to get it mounted properly and then get some other bits sorted, then its just wiring and exhaust! getting closer now :D

more deliveries at work today :D

brembo discs

DSC00346.jpg

and my seats finally arrived! :rolleyes:

DSC00347.jpg

once again apologies for the poor quality images, i will get the digital camera on the case soon :clown:

should have some more to update after this weekend......

are the seats comfy mate?

yeh had a sit in them in the living room lol

they feel spot on for me, ive got quite wide shoulders and they are perfect, hold me in but dont squeeze me to death

peparami - cheers bud, got a busy weekend ahead and so much to do i dont know where to start:

need to fit driveshafts
need to fit new front brake lines, braided flexi's, discs pads and calipers, then bleed brakes
need to fit 172 gearbox mount and do some 'modifications' to make it fit the valver chassis
need to fit lower part of 172 engine mount
need to unpick loom and make a start on connecting all sensors etc and then route the wiring through the engine bay
also need to get on to volvo for the soft clutch bracket parts
then need to fit replacement gear lever
re-hang exhaust ready for the downpipe to be fabricated

i'm planning on working on it all day saturday and then a bit on sunday, so realistically how much of it i get done i'm not sure lol

well i worked on it all day yesterday and for a couple of hours today, progress has been mighty slow :(

couldnt do anything with my brakes as my new brake lines werent ready, plus after buying a replacement caliper after one had a snapped bleed nipple, ive now realised the bleed nipple on the other side has been rounded off!! how annoying!

got my lower part of engine mount fitted, and i got my gearbox mount sorted, so the engine is all mounted up now :D :approve:

then went about refitting driveshafts, o/s was no bother at all, n/s went in ok, but then went to start the nut and it was having none of it. looks like i may have damaged the end thread and so it wouldnt bite. decided it was do or die as its no good to me without a nut on the end! so got the angle grinder on it to take off the knackered thread. the nut will start now, but whether its gonna cross thread is anyones guess :( ive left it for now until im ready to tighten it up, if it crossthreads then i was half expecting it so not that bothered :rolleyes:

also with the gearbox mount in place the abs bracket was fouling it, so im going to have to relocate that about an inch higher, or just chop some of the bracket (couldnt be bothered with that today) or do away with the abs all together (anyone know if this is straight forward?)

oh i also got my valver alternator on its new brackets so thats one less thing to do

then turned my attention to the loom, started unpicking it and working out what plugs go where, but in doing this its become apparent that whatever scrap yard removed it got giddy with the side cutters :quiet: and the lad who used it before me has tried to rewire certain plugs. so i think its gonna be alot safer and easier to find another loom that hasnt had wires hacked! woohoo more expense i didnt need :rolleyes:

so there you go, god knows how many hours in the freezing cold and not alot to show for it, happy days lol :clown:

Harsh mate... its easy enough to remove the abs.

is it just a case of running pipes straight from the master cylinder then? do they have to be in any particular arrangement? i presume if i just chop the wiring for the abs out of the loom it wont cause any dash lights to come on?

i need new rear brake lines at some point and im doing the fronts anyway so i think it makes sense to do away with it now? :rolleyes:

im on with sourcing a driveshaft just in case, and an o/s caliper, and a new loom :quiet:

just run the pipes from the abs to the master cyl, they have to be in a certain order, i can find that out if you want?

I'd just take the bulb out lol.

E92 M3 Monte Carlo

i've got a set of refurbed calipers but i'm going away tomorrow for two weeks but if your in no rush let me know

not sure i get you there

if im doing away with abs, can i just run the pipes directly from the master cyl?

i've got a set of refurbed calipers but i'm going away tomorrow for two weeks but if your in no rush let me know

i'm interested mate, but in no rush as you say so i'll talk to you when you get back :)

yea sorry, made that a bit unclear lol!

lol no worries

what i mean by in any particular arrangement is because there are 4 outlets on the master cylinder, does the left front outlet have to be for the left front brake? if you get me? :S hard to describe lol