ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my mk1 cup racer blog (updates page 29)

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer
Re: My mk1 track car blog

hmmm.......geesus i may be speaking to you a bit more very soon

nice work

no problem mate :D

time will tell if it knocks on the arb though lol

weld a hanger on to the middle of the midsection maybe?

this is what the williams uses to keep the exhaust nice and high

yeh it does look alot closer to the arb now, but as you say, if i jack up the middle section it clears it nicely, so a hanger may be needed

just ordering my sabelt harnesses now, and then i think its time to do some bodywork :clown: :dead:

Mustang, S13, AX GT

I've just read this from start to finish, good project mate I like it. I hope there will be some vids of it when you have it running ;)

right ordered my sabelt harnesses the other day, just waiting for delivery, and my decals were delivered, cant wait to see what they look like on the car, my brother did a quick photoshop, but its on my home pc :dapprove:

if you look reeeaaalllyyy closely you can just make them out lol

DSC00483.jpg

DSC00482.jpg

still collecting various decals/stickers for the car. although i dont like to advertise products i dont use or companies that havent done anything to the car, so my list is currently

brembo
magnex
goodridge
itg
carbone lorraine
sabelt
omp
sparco
tilton

emailed millers oils, but never replied :dapprove:

got a few renault sport and obviously the big clio cup racer ones to go on, and my dad wants to put our karate team logo on the car somewhere aswell :rolleyes: we will see how much space i have left lol

also going to email paul at rstuning and see if he wants to send me some stickers for his role :D

Last edited:
  E90

No H+R's?? I have some lovely H+R stickers at home that I stole off there stand at the essen motorshow lol

340i

If you want any more Magnex drop me a PM...

Should be able to to sort you some out ;)

No H+R's?? I have some lovely H+R stickers at home that I stole off there stand at the essen motorshow lol

i wish, could disguise the fk's as H&R lol would only fool the very stupid though!

If you want any more Magnex drop me a PM...

Should be able to to sort you some out ;)

sounds good mate, pm coming your way :D

bit more done today, put the passenger seat in, fit my carbon grab handles

DSC_0019.jpg

DSC00488.jpg

DSC00487.jpg

and then started work on my rusty arches :dead: as you can see passenger side isnt too bad, just needs a small piece welding in, but the drivers needed about an inch cutting out all the way round, so that will be the harder one to do :rolleyes:

DSC_0014.jpg

DSC_0015.jpg

DSC_0018.jpg

DSC_0016.jpg

thats all for now :approve:

mr postie has delivered some more goodies this morning :D

battery isolator
bd96_1.jpg

and 2 toggle switches (from some sort of RAF aircraft :cool: )
e2ef_1.jpg

and these are yet to arrive
c130_1_b.jpg

all this (bar the isolator, thats going where the clock used to be) will be going in my carbon fibre DIN panel i am making from the extra peice performance-trim sent me :D :approve: :cool:

so last night i got to work on the carbon fibre DIN panel and i'm pleased with the final product, just needs securing in place properly, then it's ready to go in the car :D

DSC00493.jpg

DSC00491.jpg

DSC00494.jpg

DSC00492.jpg

and my qtr panel repair piece arrived today, should make some progress with that on saturday

chow for now :D

Last edited:

right today i did some smaller jobs as the next door neighbour was away meaning i couldnt weld the new qtr on, and my sparky couldnt make it again :(

but this gave me a chance to tidy a few things up :D

first was fitting my new 4 point sabelt harnesses

DSC_0027.jpg

DSC_0022.jpg

DSC_0024.jpg

then i gave the calipers a lick of paint and fit some quick release pins to the bumper

DSC_0021.jpg

DSC_0020.jpg

then fit the small handheld extuingisher (either a larger hand held or plumbed in mechanical system is going to be added aswell)

DSC_0032.jpg

DSC_0033.jpg

then fit my battery isolator switch and DIN panel i made earlier in the week

DSC_0030.jpg

DSC_0031.jpg

Some of a Clio 1.8 16v

Stunning job fella it's really starting to come together now not long and it'll be on the road surely. we're putting a din panel where the radio is with the start button in it but obviously thats a long way off as yet, yours looks graet though keep up the good work

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

Looking good fella...it's advised to cross over your harness straps at the back....

Stunning job fella it's really starting to come together now not long and it'll be on the road surely. we're putting a din panel where the radio is with the start button in it but obviously thats a long way off as yet, yours looks graet though keep up the good work

cheers mate, yeh hopefully wont be long now til its terrorising yorkshire's roads :evil: :cool:

Looking good fella...it's advised to cross over your harness straps at the back....

cheers bud, yeh ive heard that too but forgot when fitting them lol why is that anyway?

SQ5

Looking good! I now know where to mount my harnesses as forget about the two bolts up the sides!

well this weekend we concentrated on getting the car going, wired up the fuel pump, checked the preesure, 3 BAR so no problems there, then hooked up the ecu and turned the key.......

it turns over but just wouldn't fire into life, done a bit of investigation and its getting no fuel and no spark, tried swopping the cps sensors but still nothing, so we've come to the conclusion that its the ecu :dapprove:

so before i go fitting an emulator i've got one more thing to try, and thats decoding another ecu with the same serial number as beaniemoo (which when decoded ran his engine no problems and no need for an emulator) luckily i have said ecu so it will be a trip to paul @ rstuning on saturday to decode that and then see what happens

god i hope it works :dapprove:

right well my emulator didnt turn up before sat as i had hoped :mad: so another week will pass without the engine running :dapprove:

so whilst i had some time i decided to make a start on my rusty arches and paint up the inlet plenham

just a reminder how the arches looked after i had chopped out the rust :eek:

DSC_0018.jpg

DSC_0015.jpg

so i started by chopping a small piece out of the offside repair panel i bought (sorry didnt get any pics of the repair panel!)

DSC00499.jpg

and then checked fitment

DSC00497.jpg

DSC00496.jpg

did the same on the offside but obviously i had a much bigger and more accurate piece to cut, didnt get any pics of that side, was in a bit of a rush to get it sorted before it got dark :rolleyes:

then i pushed the car round to the next door neighbour who tacked the pieces in place, then pushed the car back round and started on the filler :evil:

did two layers of filler on both sides, rubbed down inbetween

DSC00501.jpg

DSC00500.jpg

DSC00502.jpg

DSC00506.jpg

DSC00503.jpg

then once it was rubbed down for the second time and i was happy with the result i masked up and primed the area

DSC00508.jpg

DSC00509.jpg

DSC00510.jpg

DSC00511.jpg

DSC00512.jpg

not bad for a first attempt, i think i'm going to go over it with a finer filler to cover the blemishes but so far i think its come out ok

whilst waiting for filler/primer to dry i got on with the plenham, primer:

DSC00504.jpg

DSC00505.jpg

and then white to match the engine mount (which really needs doing again after oily hands have touched it)

DSC00514.jpg

DSC00515.jpg

DSC00513.jpg

oh nearly forgot, whilst filling the n/s arch i had a bit of a prod around (fatal error lol) on the sill, seems there is a hole big enough to house a badger hidden under underseal and paint :eek: so looks like i will be doing a bit more bodywork before it see's the road :rolleyes:

that is all :D

172 Race Car

Looking good. Rust would put me off doing an older car as i haven't got a clue when it comes to sorting that out, great work. Wish i had those kind of skills.

Not taking the tar squares out of the interior?

no the tar is staying in for now, if i take it out i will want to spray the interior lol so not happening just yet, might get it all done at the same time when the cage goes in, but again i want the car on the road before that happens

yeh i did cringe when looking at the rust, but its all a good learning curve, and at least the car doesnt have to look mint, so if i make a mistake its no biggie :D

172 Race Car

sounds like a plan to pull it off the road at a later date to sort the cage and interior. Get it going and have some fun first

first of all i want to say a massive thankyou to paul at rstuning, spent valuable time fitting my ecu emulator today, thanks again mate :D

sadly though she still isnt a runner :( we know the ecu is good as we tried it on paul's clio, so now there must be something else wrong. its gotta be something to do with the wiring, there is no fuel (although fuel is at the rail) and no spark. sadly as ive said before i am crap at anything electrical so it is really out of my hands

tried fitting a new cps but still nothing

so my mate is having a word with an auto electrician to see if he can sort it, its gonna cost me no doubt, but i really dont care anymore, i just want it running!

ps if there is anyone in the yorkshire area who is willing to help please conatct me, anything it appreciated :)

'92 172, Lotus Elise

omg - white plenum

I think I'm going to have to copy you! have been uhhmmming and ahhhing about a colour scheme for a while now, and white will match my wheels :D

Exige S1 + Honda S1

sorry to hear your woes... was hoping for a good result after last week.

E90

Steel = weight rusty holes = better power to weight ratio, get the salt on it FTW.

omg - white plenum

I think I'm going to have to copy you! have been uhhmmming and ahhhing about a colour scheme for a while now, and white will match my wheels :D

aye white and blue is my theme, white wheels, white cage, white cup racer decals, white plenham and engine mount etc, white mirrors ;) all on the blue car :D

sorry to hear your woes... was hoping for a good result after last week.

yeh things arent going too well at the moment :(

Steel = weight rusty holes = better power to weight ratio, get the salt on it FTW.

lmao if only the MOT tester saw it that way

dude you say you have rusty sills, i may know of some really cheap brand new primed ones for you if you like?

gutted, too late :dapprove: already ordered and recieved my new repair sills, my luck has gotta change soon!