ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my mk1 cup racer blog (updates page 29)

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer
kjkjk02224.jpg

kjkjk014434.jpg

fr00hhg4.jpg

oops017.jpg

ell043.jpg

ell044.jpg

ell048.jpg

ell049.jpg

ell050.jpg

ell051.jpg

'92 172, Lotus Elise
very cool :D

i'm going to bug you again about your steering wheel... got a link to a place that sells them? do they come in black only (without the blue bit on top)?

and then disaster!

the last job of the day was to push the old girl back into the garage, normally i steer and my bro stands at the back of the car ready to stop it rolling into the garage too fast, but this time he was steering.......

got my arm trapped between the car and the wall (palm to elbow) and SNAP!

oops005.jpg

so now we can add blood, sweat, tears, and broken bones to this project :(

had an op under general anaesthetic on friday night to manipulate and wire the bone into the correct position, gonna be in plaster for around 6 weeks, fcs is 8 weeks away!!

gutted :banghead:

very cool :D

i'm going to bug you again about your steering wheel... got a link to a place that sells them? do they come in black only (without the blue bit on top)?

they dont have an online shop mate

you just have to ring with the part number (which i have somewhere)

not sure if you can get it without the blue, wouldnt hurt to ask them.

172 Race Car
Oh my, that car is stunning! Good work chap. Looks so much better then the blue shell

Shame about the broken bone, was it your w**king hand?

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
as burp said, gutted...

i am truly loving the amount of mark 1 projects now on cs, gutted that i still don't have mine... really am, love them so much and am sure i am a mark 1 man at heart really

i shalt return one day fo sure

cheers for the kind comments guys :)

the updates might be a bit thin on the ground for a while, but i will get back on it soon :D

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat
Nice to see my old cup racer being transformed into a track animal! Was a great car when I had it, handling was awesome. Do you still have the rare Cup racer manual with all the tyre pressures for all the tracks?

All it needed was a more powerful engine and your doing exactly the right thing if your just gonna use it for some track fun.

Hope your arm gets better soon!!

cheers Aaron :D

Mat Brown got hold of the manual before i bought the car, so i'm trying to get him to send me a copy, would be really useful to have it

can you bloody believe it, one bolt (pretty much) is stopping the car from being ready for FCS!

see my wanted post if you want to help me find what i need!

the manual alternator adjuster bolt setup

i've gone and lost it when transferring the engine from one car to another! :(

it was fitted to safrane's, some volvo's, and lower spec clio's from 200 onwards (i think)

been to the scrap yard today, loads of renaults, but none of them have the right alternator setup, tried cliospares too, but they said they just chuck all that sort of stuff away :(

Alternator long bolt 7703101094 £3.90 net VAT

whoop bolt is in stock in this country, should be here tuesday :D

i pray to god its the right bolt for the job

Winston to the rescue!!!

and after all that I had a spare :rasp:

you are joking?

ive been watching for you signing into msn aswell to ask what model you got the bracket off (remember you saying a 1.2 but not what exact year/model)

hopefully this part i have ordered will be right

well i found my bolt, one whole english pound it cost me from a scrapyard, and a good condition phase 1 boot strip for another pound! :cool:

so with that me and my bro (and some help from a mate, cheers mark if you read this ;) ) got the wee beast running again

it sounded rough as hell at first, but then it hasn't been run for about 8 months!

i was concerned with getting oil starvation after fitting the mocal oil cooler, but after cranking a few times i whipped the grub screw out of my sandwich plate and the gushing oil confirmed it was making its way to the filter. then on startup we had 5.5 bar of oil pressure, which after letting it run for 5 to 10 mins dropped to 2 bar ish at idle

couple of questions though for anyone in the know, my oil temp didnt move from 20 deg at all, and yet i could feel the mocal cooler getting hot, hotter than 20 degress i'd say!

also had a coolant issue, ie that when idling it would raise the level in the expansion tank, eventually overflowing, is that just down to an air lock? i tried to run it long enough for the fan to kick in (have it set at 70 degrees) but the water temp guage didnt budge off 18 degrees :S

anyway, with it running again i turned my attention to the induction kit, i currently have a 45 degree elbow and straight style maxogen, this points right behind the n/s headlight. i tried to find some cup racer headlight blanks, but in the end settled with making my own

took an old headlight apart

Photo0260.jpg

Photo0259.jpg

and then wrapped fibreglass over the glass lense
Photo0258.jpg

Photo0261.jpg

Photo0262.jpg

more to come as and when i do it (still working with a cast on my arm lol)

oh........... my............... god

got the clio running on all 4 cylinders last night (broken injector plug)

so sat in it and gave it some revs, what a noise! backfiring again and again, shaking the car to bits and resonating around the bare mk1 shell

btw i have a straight through exhaust with just a magnex backbox :evil:

i also have the ashley compeition 2.5" system in the garage to fit, loud anyone? :cool:

ear plugs ahoy!