ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Monaco 172 Progress Thread

Clio 172 Ph2
I had a very unexpected delivery this morning, I ordered some new alloys yesterday from RimStyle and they suprisingly turned up within 24 hours. So here they are, Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 with Yokohama Parada Spec2 195/50/15 tyres.

579390.jpg

Clio 172 Ph2
Car looks good mate, is it just lowered using springs or have you fitted coilovers?

At the moment it's just lowered on Apex springs but I want it to go a bit lower so I'm thinking about investing in some coilovers, I just don't want a hard ride so they'll have to have adjustable damping.

Clio 172 Ph2
Got my Prima Racing exhaust mount through this morning and also my KTec stealth exhaust arrived this afternoon, very quick delivery. Big thanks to Carl (172-sport). I will hopefully be fitting these along with my Powerflex dogbone mount over the weekend if I can find my keys to the pit!

BG 182
Got my Prima Racing exhaust mount through this morning and also my KTec stealth exhaust arrived this afternoon, very quick delivery. Big thanks to Carl (172-sport). I will hopefully be fitting these along with my Powerflex dogbone mount over the weekend if I can find my keys to the pit!

Is your exhaust rattling on the rear axel by any chance?

Clio 172 Ph2
If you think on, let us know if that new prima racing one stops the rattling, thinking of getting one you see :)

Fitted my new exhaust and prima hanger today mate. It was a bit tricky fitting it because the hanger and the mount were at a slightly different angle but i got it fitted with no major problems. Good news is that there's no rattling or knocking.

BG 182
Fitted my new exhaust and prima hanger today mate. It was a bit tricky fitting it because the hanger and the mount were at a slightly different angle but i got it fitted with no major problems. Good news is that there's no rattling or knocking.

Sound mate :) Cars looking good anyway!

Clio 172 Ph2
I managed to get rollerdan to give me his old standard dogbone mount, so this week I pressed the powerflex bushes in to it. I'll be fitting this as soon as I have the time.

535208_10150920278901418_515926417_11931003_1038137231_n.jpg

Clio 172 Ph2
I had a bit of a nightmare when trying to take off my old exhaust. The owner before had welded the exhaust together at the connection so the only way I could get it off was to angle grind it off!

523802_10150927368591418_515926417_11954403_1560639142_n.jpg

Clio 172 Ph2
Also fitted my Powerflex dogbone mount today. Didn't realise how much better it would be but it feels so much better to drive.

542288_10150927369021418_515926417_11954406_43328329_n.jpg

182 trophy
Cheers buddy. Yeah pretty simple, hardest part is pressing the mount before it's fitted and that's not hard to do either. It's much better than the standard mount!

cool i'll have to get 1 sorted. nice wheels by the way lol iv got the same 1's but in anthracite.

Clio 172 Ph2
I'm thinkin about gettin vibra technics engine mounts too but I've heard there's loads of vibration so I dunno yet. Do u have 15" or 16"?

clio 172 phase 2
For the money you spend on them you can respray your bumper. If I had your car that would be my priority cus it looks gash !

clio 172 phase 2
It was involved in a accident buddy and airbags in seats where deployed and the front end had damge so thats the reason for the headlights .

182 trophy
I'm thinkin about gettin vibra technics engine mounts too but I've heard there's loads of vibration so I dunno yet. Do u have 15" or 16"?

15s with the same tyres on too. I have read the same things about the vibra technics mounts, not sure about them myself... Think i'll just leave them at the bottom of the list and decide at a later date if I want them or not.

Clio 172 Ph2
15s with the same tyres on too. I have read the same things about the vibra technics mounts, not sure about them myself... Think i'll just leave them at the bottom of the list and decide at a later date if I want them or not.

Yeah I'm thinking the same thing!

197 cam'd ph2 berg
What do you think about the apex springs ? Ride wise ? As im looking at getting some for my Iceberg 172 :D

Cheers.

Clio 172 Ph2
What do you think about the apex springs ? Ride wise ? As im looking at getting some for my Iceberg 172 :D

Cheers.

As for hardness they're about right, they're not soft and bouncy but they're also not as hard as coilovers. They're a nice height too. I was looking into getting some Koni adjustable shocks to go with them but I'm thinkin about going lower so I'll probably get some coilovers with adjustable damping.