ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new Artic 182 FF

Picked it up yesterday, 77,250 miles (went up by around 500 since I saw it 2 weeks ago), 4 Previous Owners. Cambelt kit/Aux kit/Dephaser all done in August 2012 at Falkland Performance. Had a great run back and really enjoyed myself. It's very very quick haha (Car previous was a 1ltr Corsa :eek:)

Everything works as it should, slight knock appearing from rear passenger wheel end but isn't anything major and will be sorted soon... looks like a wheel bearing.

Anyway, pics!

vvDG1Gxl.jpg

w4016WIl.jpg

7Iz12XJl.jpg

Hu2BRrMl.jpg

rLYR3OQl.jpg

It's got a catback Miltek exhaust system, and besides that I believe it's all standard.

Current plans are:

Splitter (He gave it to his cousin as he didn't like it)
Already ordered 2 Uniroyal Rainsport 2's for the front end, as they are poor tyres and near legal limits.
Heko Wind Deflectors (maybe)
Cooksport Lowering Springs.
Front bumper respray (it has some bits of lacquer peel, nothing major)
New bulbs all round and chrome indicators.
Few stickers (renault f1 etc) nothing chavvy.
Buy some detailing/car washing stuff (Any decent starter packs around?)
Headlight refurb.
Repaint the grill in satin black.
Repaint interior plastics (or carbon wrap, not sure) and maybe the diamonds.
Replace the rear badges with a RS200 badge.

That's pretty much it for now... just hoping I've finally bought a hassle free car haha.

I will start a project thread when things get underway :)

Haha yeah, I had a 1.2 Clio Dynamique before that but sold it to help fund for this, and was driving my girlfriends Corsa while I looked for the right one.

Really loving it so far, so quick, got 2 new uniroyal rainsport v2s put on yesterday and what a difference already, it feels relatively safe to drive now!

Also, revs were sticking and also had a rough idle so had a go at cleaning the throttle body...

nFddkbml.jpg

and after...

9eVFOfcl.jpg

Car is pulling quite a bit better now and also idleing better... fingers crossed.

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Presume the lacquer is peeling because it has already seen a respray in its time. Don't forget to purchase some bumper insert stickers to finish it off when you do.

James Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Williams 3 / 172 Cup
Get some turinis to finish it off! Look so nice on Artic Blue...or any colour for that matter haha!

Presume the lacquer is peeling because it has already seen a respray in its time. Don't forget to purchase some bumper insert stickers to finish it off when you do.

Yeah that's what I reckon, he said the previous owner pressured washed it and water got in some stone chips... but that wouldn't explain the missing bumper inserts. He worked in a bodyshop too, so reckon it had some stone chip damage etc and he tried a respray. It isn't too noticeable tbh but will be getting sorted in the future when funds allow.

Inferno 182 & Saxo
might want to remove the throttle body to clean the back of it if you can. Vast upgrade from a 1 litre corsa, a mate of mine drives one and well I dont really have words for its performance and refinement or lack of haha