ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new car... meet Ruby.

350Z
Fair play, you're right in saying you can look back and smile in the future! Congrats :)

Spose you should be referred to now on here as "M"

Last edited:
  Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Surely they have anti-perforation/anti-corrosion warranty Ollie? Paintwork is usually 3 years but the other 2 should be covered to an extent.

They do indeed mate. And Aston will cover 100% of costs if inside the warranty period. After that up to five years old they will pay a contribution, which can be up to 50-60% depending on how much stink the customer kicks up.
Anything beyond that is now a blanket £250 payment and that's it.
So if you have owned your £170k Vanquish from new and now all 4 corners and doors have horrendous corrosion you'll get £250.

Aston have a huge problem. It's somehow inherent in every car they produce from the Vanquish onwards.
Somehow moisture is becoming trapped within the panels at the factory.

They used to insist we replaced the doors in the early days of it occurring.
You can imagine how much that was costing them....hence the paltry amounts they now give nowadays.

Clio
Well done Laura.

I wish I had done what you did when I lived at home 10 years ago.

Instead I played it safe and bought a 1.2 clio at 19 WHICH I STILL HAVE LOL

feel like a nice car when I hit 30 in 2 years time :D

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
They do indeed mate. And Aston will cover 100% of costs if inside the warranty period. After that up to five years old they will pay a contribution, which can be up to 50-60% depending on how much stink the customer kicks up.
Anything beyond that is now a blanket £250 payment and that's it.
So if you have owned your £170k Vanquish from new and now all 4 corners and doors have horrendous corrosion you'll get £250.

Aston have a huge problem. It's somehow inherent in every car they produce from the Vanquish onwards.
Somehow moisture is becoming trapped within the panels at the factory.

They used to insist we replaced the doors in the early days of it occurring.
You can imagine how much that was costing them....hence the paltry amounts they now give nowadays.

How long is the corrosion/perforation warranty? 12 years?

Nasty stuff. I know the old Merc problem was cheap Asian metal that was causing the problem, recycled etc, Ford of course have inherent problems as you know! :(

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
just brimmed it, got to drive to coventry and back tomorrow so ill let you know how i get on mpg wise, I'm thinking 18mpg is probably fair.

Early christmas present for myself... why not eh

e92 330i
Early Christmas present?? Im getting socks!

That car is epic, congrats.

Love the colour too really suits it.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
didn't have a wide enough lens to get more than a steering wheel in lol.

black leather, red stitching
cream roof lining.

I'm pretty sure there is about 8 cows inside there lol

RS Megane DCi 175
Awesome car!

I'm proper jealous, although I have to laugh at how you justify your car buys. An A1 diesel to save £££ then to Aston V8 @18mpg...I remember we were both rocking Hologram Grey 1.2s! ;)

'Mia' Rover Mini 35
Lovely; One of my favourite astons; I'm prefer it to the V12 and the best colour :D

Theres not enough wrong with it for me to change though, its some what perfect which leaves me somewhat underwhelmed as you can't upgrade alot :(

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
The finance questions can be left at the door. It's a 45k car, it matters not what the payments are or anything like that, we know it's expensive.

She bought one and even if she owned it 3 months she'll still have owned one! ;)

Is it an 06 plate Laura? The private plate works so well because the car hasn't dated at all.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
thanks Gally :D

yeah it is an 06, actually prefer the interior on the pre 08 ones so looked for the best one of those i could get.

Porsche Boxster987S
Fantastic car. And superb reasons for buying it. Only get one chance at life , if you can afford it , do it. In the nearish future I will be doing something crazy in terms of a new car. Quite effing right !

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
Dealer has been awesome from the word go!!

honestly brilliant experience, in fact I'm going to write into aston martin and tell them as much.
I think if your genuine, you go in on your own and don't take 25 mates with you, you've done your homework and don't demand test drives then your fine

Owen

ClioSport Admin
Did you have a short list of possible cars in mind before you settled on the AM, or was it the only thing you wanted from the outset?