ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new car... meet Ruby.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
only car like this I've wanted since i was a kid, apart from a lambo but thats another step again

BMW F21 125d
Awesome upgrade. What a machine, would love to own one, and its almost an option for me until......

I asked the mrs if I could spend my redundancy money on a V8 Vantage and it was the shortest conversation in the history of our relationship. "NO". TBH I shouldn't have asked should have just bought it, it'd have taken her 2 days to notice I had a new car!

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
So nice!

I will own one at some point in my life, possibly in 30 years when my mortgage is done.

see my logic was my mum died at 47, if i go off that there is a possibility i won't live beyond paying my mortgage off, so thats why I've done it now.

few green eyed little monsters on Facebook, got to make you laugh

see my logic was my mum died at 47, if i go off that there is a possibility i won't live beyond paying my mortgage off, so thats why I've done it now.

Make sense to me! There was some Aston Martin gathering at Alborough the other week , i was in total ore as about 15 of them came by whilst i sat in my van lol.

I dont have a good family health track record and with my life style I probably wont pay it off either. I just wouldn't have the balls to go down this route!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I've got to admit, I keep coming back in here to check its not a wind up! lol

182cup & 172 racecar
Laura, I think it's a very nice colour, and if it's something you have always wanted, then fair play to you.

Who cares about how much.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

I'm laughing at the prick on your facebook that drives a Yellow Skoda Octavia (His profile pic) and is questioning your choice of car!!

The cheek!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Anthony Cookson seems to have too much to say aswell.

Why can't people be happy for you??

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
Ants ok, just one of those people.

wether its jealously i dunno, i guess people like to just put people down

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Don't like the colour but tbh just well done! Amazing car I'm sure and yes I'm very jealous :) but not bitter lol.

Richyy182

ClioSport Club Member
  BG Clio 182 FF
Wow - good work

Another 3 or 4 years and I'm getting a motor like this - don't tell the missus

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Would you have gone R8 if they were down around the 40k Laura?

The Aston has miles more character, class and sound but I know you're a fan as a great all-rounder.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
s**t colour
s**t spec
s**t car tbh.

how old are you? (Not interested in finances more so insurance and whether you look like you stole daddy car lol)

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
Would you have gone R8 if they were down around the 40k Laura?

The Aston has miles more character, class and sound but I know you're a fan as a great all-rounder.
Nah the r8 isn't special to be. A great car but inside it feels the same as my a1 and well I see them all day everyday so it's just like work to me

Golf MK7,GSX-R600 L4
I can't believe some people are questioning the colour, it looks absolutely stunning and for me suits the car. Video and tissues required.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
I can't believe some people are questioning the colour, it looks absolutely stunning and for me suits the car. Video and tissues required.

Personally, I love that colour and as said it suits the shape very well.

Could quite happily have one in that colour.

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
Congrats on such a mature epic purchase and love your reasons behind it!

If i didnt piss allmy money away in ibiza and weekends all over when i was a young un an aston martin would have been such a better. choice!

How many colours was there on early vantages? I remember seeing lots of grey, green and a couple of champagne ones and yours which out of those is the best imo

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
you could have any colour you want, literally.

there was a fair few standard colours, 5 or 6 silver/greys, couple of greens, about 4 blues, 2 reds, black, yellow, and some pretty odd ones

R26r R26
exactly, i figured I'm in a position to now to do it, a position i may never be in again and i can look back and say... i had one of those! Yes at some point ill be sensible and grow up, but me and my dad have a great relationship, we have a decent house and the only room we share is the kitchen sooo yeah... Aston martin time haha. You only get one shot at this life malarky and i don't want to look back and say.. i wish i had
Exactly this !!!Better to do something and maybe regret it afterwards, than regret not ever doing it. Congrats and enjoy :approve:

Fabia VRS & Yeti
I salute you! Bought with the heart, not the head, yolo etc etc. I love these, such a nice, car for the price of a tarted up sales rep mobile! Enjoy it! Do it for us that can't!!!

Fiesta ST-3
f**k me!!

I'd love to be in the position where I could even consider a car like this.

However, I would then be thinking of other priorities... so as said - hats off to you!!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I do take it back, you can see as the sun hits it how awesome that colour is and quite unique when is comes to Vantage Coupes.

Even better choice now the colour has sunk in. What a shame you're so far away!

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
I go to sleep tonight the owner of an Aston Martin, not a bad feeling I must admit.
Thanks for all the kind comments, I've done it for me n no one else but it really is nice to read.

i had a really hard few years a while back n the last couple have been amazing, just makes you realise if you don't give up... Anything is possible.