ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new clio 172 sport

Well I went and done got rid of my MY99 Impreza UK Turbo and got myself a smashing little 172, what can I say I am well impressed.

Specs:
Superchipped approx 189 bhp (going on the rollers in November so I will know for sure)
Full stainless exhaust
Fox Evo 1 17" rims
Eibach lowered suspension
OMP induction kit
OMP front and rear struts

Here is a few piccies:
bb_1_b.jpg
ce_1_b.jpg

2c_1_b.jpg
da_1_b.jpg

K20 EG Hatch
nice car, think some ph2 rear lights and a ph2 rear bumper would set it off a treat though!

be shocked if it hit the claimed 189bhp though, reality of nearer 175bhp is more likely

as above, ph2 light clusters would improve the back end immensely, and possibly a new (smaller) set of wheels

other than that, it looks pretty tidy

Valver Lookalike Mk1 Ph3
So it can look exactly the same as every other clio on the forum! Good idea!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Nice car there!...best colour too.
Looks dead tidy, i'm doubtful of the power figure. i may be proven wrong though ;)
Here's my Mk1 172 to give you a few ideas. Mk2 lights, bumper and sidestrips. :)
If you need any advice or anything give me a pm.

857482c5.jpg

ae2564cf.jpg

Cheers guys, gotta say the Mk 2 rear lights do set it of better and I definately want to get the Mk 2 side strips.

Chocolate Bar™
i'll have a set of standard mk2 ph2 sidestrips available soon once i've finished my mini project on a spare set i've bought.

Pm me if your interested.

car looks nice. did i see it on ebay.. it just looks familiar :)

BMW E46 330i Touring
Looks nice, although I'm also not too sure on the wheels, could be just because they're different though...

I think I'll have to invest in a set of Ph2 rear lights for my Ph1 as well, certainly sets off the rear end nicely. Although with my 182 bumper, people might get confused!

I have rolling road charts from the guy who owned my 172 previously and when he bought it, it was 182bhp (standard), with a PiperX Viper it went to 196bhp and then with the custom exhaust it went to 192bhp, but with better torque and power distribution across the range. I don't know if the rolling road was out, but they're genuine graphs and it at least shows a decent increase with very basic mods and a well run-in engine. :)

yzfr6 said:
Nice car mate and the wheels look fine, to many spokes are harder to keep clean.

My thoughts exactly, missus used to have multispokes on her old fiesta what a knightmare:)

Was that car on ebay??? I swear I've seen on the internet before (the garage's name stuck over the number plate mad me think i've seen it before?)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
The OMP IK looks quite neat almost maxogen design. The red strut looks and bit random and the missing oil cover is an eye sore...But apart from that you've bought a cracker, enjoy it and mind ursel!!

2004 1.2 Dynamique
Carbon copy's is a fine example, as everyone else has said colour code some mk2 sidestrips and get some mk2 lights.

Not too keen on the wheels mate

trailerparktrev said:
Was that car on ebay??? I swear I've seen on the internet before (the garage's name stuck over the number plate mad me think i've seen it before?)

Go on then I will put you out of your misery I did get it from ebay, only went for this one coz of the full service history and recent cam belt change.

Was offered loads of others but not one of them could boast a proper belt change