ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new GTi

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
:(
Hope you checked the person you're selling to has the correct amount of detailing products.

Yeah, it is. :)

It wont be the last time you'll see her Rich. I might even make a short visit so you 2 can get re-acquainted! :)

106 GTi
Just messing - Hope you do a few more miles in it than I have ! Enjoy it.

I know it makes sense to let it go as I will never use it. Took the GTi to work on Monday as it was just sat there on the drive looking at me, would have never done that with 182.

Yeah, but i CAN see why you did it, It's obvious to see that you had some kind of special bond with the car.

Im not saying that i wont, because to be honest with you, as soon as i saw it i made up my mind.

I will need to force myself otherwise ill be doing exactly what you have done, and ofcourse, it will get easier with time..

I suppose every person who owns a brand new car feels the same way (although technically this isnt a brand new car, it might aswell be one!!!)

106 GTi
Yeah, but i CAN see why you did it, It's obvious to see that you had some kind of special bond with the car.

Im not saying that i wont, because to be honest with you, as soon as i saw it i made up my mind.

I will need to force myself otherwise ill be doing exactly what you have done, and ofcourse, it will get easier with time..

I suppose every person who owns a brand new car feels the same way (although technically this isnt a brand new car, it might aswell be one!!!)

My OCD got the better of me. The 106 having loads of marks in it makes has made me want to get it as nice as I can without spending money on paint and stopping me get so precious.

The more work I do on it the more marks I spot, damage that if the Clio had I would have had to get painted. With the 106 I will just live with.

106 GTi
You have seen the car you know what it is like really has been cherished from new, spent more hours waxing it than driving it !

Clio Sport 172
Send her off to Dimma,as i did with my 106 gti
2exwu1k.jpg

M

mini-valver

Why would you pay for someone to ruin one of the bst looking little hatches there is?

Looks stunning Rich! :D

M

mini-valver

Minter!! Nearly as pretty as your face Treen :eek:

What mileage is it on now? How you finding it now you've had it a while?

106 GTi
Thanks Dave x

Not 100 % sure as the clocks where changed at around 17K but I reckon about 65K

As soon as I the quickshift is on and it is lowered a bit I think that will keep my happy till I crave more go !

M

mini-valver

Low mileage then! Shows it though, looks farking stunning.

Just have cams and a pugsport, 150bhp is more than enough in the Gti/VTS! When you lower it, get some rose-jointed drop links on too.....

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
its a real pain at the moment! i got the last of my wheels refurbed at the w/end but really stuggled tbh! heater light and wrapped up in the garage! overall pleased! (a lot better than they were) at least now i can clean them up easier! :approve:
we need more pics!!! ;)

106 GTi
Cheers Pete.

Good choice on the H&Rs would have been one of the mod I would have done if I had modded it.

Looks ace Rich, how far (percentage wise) are you into the clean up ?
It looked good when you got it, it's looking spanking now !

106 GTi
The interior is nearly sorted, bar fitting the new airbag and gearknob I have sat on the shelf and sourcing a mint steering wheel.

Exterior wise I need to machine polish all the plastics still, side skirts, front and rear valences. Need to pay some attention to the individual isolated marks on the paintwork.

The wheel arches have cleaned up quite well, and have not touched the engine bay properly yet. Have given up trying to clean the standard wheels up but have the new 15's to go on when it is lowered so will just get the 14's painted at later date.

Cool cool, sounds like it's coming along well, you going concours ?

I saw a mint black one at trax yesterday, it was a pgac ?? megs winner of the year car (or something) It was dropped on oz alloys, the blokes gf was tidy as too.

106 GTi
No Concours just want to make it tidy, the days of cleaning cars for men in white gloves are over for me, once the suspension is done I want to get some track days in.

He is local lad is very very tidy, not sure on the silver painted floor pan though.

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
The interior is nearly sorted, bar fitting the new airbag and gearknob I have sat on the shelf and sourcing a mint steering wheel.

Exterior wise I need to machine polish all the plastics still, side skirts, front and rear valences. Need to pay some attention to the individual isolated marks on the paintwork.

The wheel arches have cleaned up quite well, and have not touched the engine bay properly yet. Have given up trying to clean the standard wheels up but have the new 15's to go on when it is lowered so will just get the 14's painted at later date.

are the arches actually painted well! or are they a mish mash of colours like Renaults?!