ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new lowering springs fitted.

I had some apex springs on before which lowered it fine but then i took out the rear seats etc and since then the back has sat quite high.
So i decided to have some custom springs made up from coilsprings and fitted them to the rear, now i think it sits better.

Let me know what you think?

Louise. :)

BEFORE

SL701650-1.gif

AFTER

SL702544.gif

Artic 182
In terms of looks and most certainly performance it was better before. When the rear is dropped lower than the front it heavily increases understeer

Mercedes C320!
I think i looks better now! Certainly looks alot more even! As long as your happy tho that the main thing! :D

GW 200
I also think it looked better before :eek:

Think it filled the arches better. But if you like the look of it and it rides well ...

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I prefer Clio's with the nose down stance.

It looks like you've got a load of heavy stuff in the boot now. Sorry. :(

Got to say I agree with the majority and think the before picture looked better. How did you find those Apex springs? Just they have a bad reputation on here.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Slightly different angle doesn't help the 2nd pic tbh, does look better in the first but see how the front settles down in a week or two.

is the top pic on apex 40mm with the seats out??

No the first pic was when i lowered it 40mm and with the seats in it still,
i was happy with this look untill i took out rear interior then the back went alot higher, so therefore it looked badly nose down so i got some lower back springs to try to make it better.

A Flamin' Red one
I'm pretty sure that had you posted a better quality picture of the 'after', people would comment differently.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say I'm undecided on the stance but it does look lovely in the first picture.