ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My New Steed: Trophy #321

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Well I had to own another Clio at some point...

It's needing some little bits and bobs to get it to my standard of mint. Just small things, mechanical/suspension wise it's pretty much all new or just done so really feels as new that way.

The gearbox, what can I say about the gearbox? Never has a car ranked so so high in the car enthusiast world, deservedly of course, yet have such a bad gearbox. It's not actually that bad tbf but in comparison to the actual car it's crazy to think how much of a world beater the car would be if mated with a proper box. It really says so much for the car as a whole that it can make it into a list of one of the best cars ever made with such a victorian box.

I'm over-exaggerating slightly, i've used worse boxes. Anyway hopefully Mr Yanoo can help me out there. :eek:

I can really see how people use these cars daily, great Mpg even when pressing on. On the Mway it's quiet, comfortable (really), the Sachs are paired with Eibachs. Cruise is great and it just eats up miles really well. Very impressed.

Looking forward to spending a bit of time on the paintwork. Wait until spring and probably Cquartz it then. Try some nice combos out before hand.

I shall keep this thread updated with any changes and more thoughts. I'm sure there will be lots. :eek:

R.S. Clio ownership eh', what have I let myself in for!

9a4azube.jpg

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
Needs more photos. Who's was it before?

Also those pipes look HUGE!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Very nice Kev I'm sure you will have it immaculate soon enough. First Renaultsport btw?

Indeed. I'm going to pester the life out the Djw boys. It's actually really nice to finally own one.

I do find it funny that £1000 more can buy you the TT and 2000 years worth of better build quality. :eek: They're just a great little car they don't hide that fact.

I knew you would mention/ moan about the box ;)

This has been for sale for a while hasn't it Kev? I recognise the number plate.

It has mate. It was on sale in October but it needed the belts done so he bit the bullet and done them and put it back up for sale. It's had quite a few quid spent on it between him and the previous owner.

Only really needs a steering wheels and a gearknob insert.

Needs more photos. Who's was it before?

Also those pipes look HUGE!

A low poster on here mate. I think it's possibly a Scorpion. You can hardly hear it so i'm pleased. They are no bigger than a Milltek imo.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Not the best job of blurring the plates ;)

Nice car though, Hopefully you do a detailing write up on it?

I usually don't care but i'll be changing the plate over so didn't really want to post it. There will be some pics and shiz to come. Detailed it certainly needs!

LOL.

Well played, Sir.

Member car? Thought i seen this on PH? Non?

Yeah he's a low poster mate but a car nut so it was in good hands. Would mind his bloody house or list of cars! :eek:

Megane r26
Looks good, welcome to the world of trophy ownership (Renault parts bin special haha). I love mine.

Where did you pick it up from Gally?

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
It has mate. It was on sale in October but it needed the belts done so he bit the bullet and done them and put it back up for sale. It's had quite a few quid spent on it between him and the previous owner.

Only really needs a steering wheels and a gearknob insert.

Good stuff. It looks good mate. I look forward to it being detailed and you taking some better pics :)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Detailed Steve! Badly! And possible the handles. They look fine until under the street light which is an early sign.

That's not a big deal though can do them in about 15 minutes at work.

Apart from that? Maybe touch up a couple of stone chips but you know what i'm like!

The tailpipes look bigger than my Milltek however that could be because they are stuck out further. Looks tidy mate, glad you're pleased.

225 Cup & Williams
Detailed Steve! Badly! And possible the handles. They look fine until under the street light which is an early sign.

That's not a big deal though can do them in about 15 minutes at work.

Apart from that? Maybe touch up a couple of stone chips but you know what i'm like!

Yeah the handles on mine were pink never got round to getting them repainted. Lovely colour when it's detailed too. Going to be such a pampered motor ;)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
The tailpipes look bigger than my Milltek however that could be because they are stuck out further. Looks tidy mate, glad you're pleased.

It's weird they seem to sit better in the flesh. I'll adjust it anyway.

Finally, you've bought a proper car ;)

Oh hi! Glad you approve mate.

Yeah the handles on mine were pink never got round to getting them repainted. Lovely colour when it's detailed too. Going to be such a pampered motor ;)

I was saying to Rob it's nice to have a little project aswell. The TT was too perfect really that way. Have some options at least with this.

Looks lovely, enjoy!

Thanks mate, enjoyment is certainly something it gives in spades.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Looks nice kev. I'm sure you'll grow to love the box ;)

Is the exhaust a piper system? I'm not 100% but I thought the scorpion straight cut system had double rolled tailpipes?

What does the project involve?

Keith185

ClioSport Club Member
Welcome to the Trophy club :)

Great additions to gearbox imo is the yanoo stiff shift kit and also the vibratecknic mounts. The latter might be too much though but the yanoo kit is superb.

Gally has a Clio. Wtf is going on here! Stop ruining CS!

Haha :) looks lovely mate. Sure you'll do the car a credit with the sponges!

On a side note the box is f*cking terrible. It is undoubtedly the worst thing about the car.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I've pm'd him mate so i'm hoping to get it fitted soon. Easy fit?

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Nice. I intend to own one in the future. Make sure you drive it though and not just polish it. :rasp:

Reading this has made me look at these yanoo kits.

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1
looks good car saw the advert before and admired it.

looking forward to your detailing threads.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
On a side note the box is f*cking terrible. It is undoubtedly the worst thing about the car.

That's what I find so perplexing. Harris et al simple wax lyrical about the car and it totally deserves it yet they never even complain really about the box. It's easily forgivable due to how good the little thing is.

Oh i'm not sure i'm allowed to ruin CS now I own one. :eek:

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Finally you have a reason to be here ;)

It looks ok mate, would be better to get more of an idea of it's condition with a few more pics.

Have you got a link to the yanoo shift kit? Sounds interesting.

53 Clio's & counting
looks lovely mate!

Still can't believe you have a Clio, whats happening to CS?! Next Mase will stop kidnapping women, submarine technicians will stop working on Clio's, and Fred will actually have a car in where he doesn't need to do the timing lol

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks chaps. Definitely feels strange but in a good way.

Looking forward to tidying her up!

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Looking forward to your updates mate, several pages of each pink panel being turned back to red... :rasp: