ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My New Steed: Trophy #321

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Dat zorst...

So...What's so different about this one compared to the last?

Comes with the standard exhaust like my old one mate so i'll see how this one sounds then refit the Oem one. Means I can polish the standard one to death off the car. :eek:

Nothing much different. It's in better condition in some ways. Also has 20k less miles than my one did and cost a lit less.

Another little project! :D Hopefully everything goes through fine.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
A Pooma, Yawn.

Jokes good buy, nice plate is it included?

When's the trophy going,?

What Puma? Oh you mean the Frp? ;)

Plate is included. Something I always wanted for my last one. Finishes the car off so well.

Trophy goes whenever the new owner pics it up really. No rush for either cars. Owner of the Frp is a really nice older guy.

It's now parked up in his garage (see the pics) and won't be driven again until I pick it up.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Nice car! Is that condensation in rear right light? I've seen a few pumas with condensation issues.
I'm sure you'll sort it though

Great number plate too!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Nice car! Is that condensation in rear right light? I've seen a few pumas with condensation issues.
I'm sure you'll sort it though

Great number plate too!

Lols not that I would care but I did look closely. It's actually the reflection off the inner lamp which are gloss black.

182 Cup
Loving the ebay username, wrongfuelpaul.

Always liked the FRPs, doubt I'll ever own one so look forward to your project thread :)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks guys. He's an older chap with a lovely big steadings/farm. Was very honest and just looking for someone genuine to buy it.

He did say everytime he got a text or stupid illiterate email he just wrote back SOLD. It pays to actually lift the phone to people!

esyha2ev.jpg

Fingers crossed everything goes smoothly.

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Thanks guys. He's an older chap with a lovely big steadings/farm. Was very honest and just looking for someone genuine to buy it. He did say everytime he got a text or stupid illiterate email he just wrote back SOLD. It pays to actually lift the phone to people!
esyha2ev.jpg
Fingers crossed everything goes smoothly.

Looks really tidy mate... Wont need much detailing...

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Now looking like it should for the new owner... It's one lovely looking car.

arytymap.jpg

8eteqe8y.jpg

eja3ama6.jpg

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Pooooma. I love them. I couldn't get over the amount of presence yours had at CSS.

Considering you got this one "cheap" does that mean you can play with it a little? Like, fit a better dashboard? ;)

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Think you could start your own dealership Kev.. Everyones queueing up for your old motors.. No surprise they are mint. .

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Pooooma. I love them. I couldn't get over the amount of presence yours had at CSS.

Considering you got this one "cheap" does that mean you can play with it a little? Like, fit a better dashboard? ;)

Lols. It will have a couple of small modifications. A company used the springs off my last one to develop lower springs for it. Easily made to be fair. Other that that, paint, detail and replace some parts. :)

The lowering is a must for me this time though, the front makes it look a tad silly imo, ruins the looks of what is a stunning looking little car.

Such a tidy trophy too! Think you'll miss it?

I will to be honest. Simply can't get it under 32mpg and drives superb, really comes alive when pressing on, you can see why "drivers" love them so much.

Think you could start your own dealership Kev.. Everyones queueing up for your old motors.. No surprise they are mint. .

Haha, indeed mate. To be fair the TT and the Trophy were/are both immaculate. The dealer guy who bought the TT said it was the tidiest one he'd purchased since he started.

Titanium 182
Gally I wish you'd just f**K off buying these FRP's, your making me want one and thats not a good thing as I have to spend money!

P.S it looks sweeeeeeeeeet

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Have you been in one Leeroy. They do range from 4k to like 10k which is a bit mental!

James Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Williams 3 / 172 Cup
Nice FRP there, love the blue they come in! (Similar-ish to the Mk1 FRS blue?)

Just wanted to ask, apologies if you've already said, but why the change from a Trophy to the FRP? I really love the Trophy, and I can't decide between an UR 197 or a Trophy for my next car. I gather the trophy is fantastic to drive, but what made you change your mind?

​Thanks!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah Imperial Blue is the colour.

It's kinda hard for me to answer the question in regards to changing as i'm probably changing to a car that's worse in 9/10 departments but that's the magic of Fords to me.

I'll update the thread with final thoughts next week if I get a chance.

I love the 197s Albi Blue I have such a soft spot for but... jn this day an age where you can blast s Trophy and struggle to get under 30mpg it's hard to justify driving the 197 similarly you'd be doing sub 25 easy.

It's a difficult one as i'm not a really good driver so was probably driving the car at 50% of what it can do. They are just stupendous value and honestly with a couple of small mods for the money I don't think you'd buy a better drivers car.

James Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Williams 3 / 172 Cup
Thanks for the response, good answer! Love the look of the 197s but the Trophy just seems "special". What small mods would you recommend then?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Not at all mate. Fellow forum member bought it so not really my place to say atm. :)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
It feels good I must say. :eek:

venadeby.jpg

Thread will be up some point!

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
As much as I feel you've gone full r****d, I suppose it's only the same as everyone on here going from mint Clio to German barge then back to a Clio no where near as good as their last.

​Bet it feels good to be back in a blue oval. I still miss my fez :'(

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Paintwork wise it's a proper project! Mechanical wise it's really pleasing!

Will mention more in the thread.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
As much as I feel you've gone full r****d, I suppose it's only the same as everyone on here going from mint Clio to German barge then back to a Clio no where near as good as their last.

​Bet it feels good to be back in a blue oval. I still miss my fez :'(

It does mate. I had to laugh. Chi dropped me off in the Trophy which looked utterly epic under the sun today and it's parked next to this 13 year old Puma with some stonechips and some rust. Honestly? I never even gave the T a second glance.

It'll be better than the Frp in 9/10 departments and my needs although this Frp seems stunningly well damped for some reason, the T was a tad "bouncy". Always remembered the Puma being harsh, this feels lovely.

Anyway you can see what i'm saying. It has a special feeling. Oh and that f**king gearbox. Just unreal.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
IB5 > All. I know the feeling well as I went from a Clio straight into my ZS. I was sat on the previous owners drive and stuck it in reverse just before taking it for a test drive with him in the car, I had to sit there for a moment and was like "Is this in? I don't want to drive off out of gear and look like a prick".

Even on circa 120k when I got rid of it the box was still as tight as the day I got it and it had NEVER had any work done to it. Mental.

​Look forward to seeing the project thread for this one.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Was a good box, that one Bartley. Got f**k loads of abuse, too.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
It's a little project for me at the moment. So i'm looking forward to bringing it up to scratch to be honest.

I did have my last one for 2 years. So we'll see. Just can't believe how flat it is in the corners, thinking because these dampers are older they're actually less harsh? But still seem so flat.

Can't wait to get that standard exhaust on it, got this dustbin isn't cool.