ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My New Volvo 240

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
200.gif

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
I thought the turbo/manifold got in the way of the steering shaft ?

I'd be buying a rotten MX5 Turbo and transplanting

Panda.

ClioSport Club Member
  850 T5
Think it’s the same with T5 lumps, the sump needs butchering to clear the steering rack and some other dizzy cap setup.

P-Co

ClioSport Club Member
  Hyundai Santa Fe
2k for the worst engine and worst gearbox. The guy needs to stop hitting the pipe!
But it's rare "Not many CVTs were sold here when everyone favoured the manual for some reason" [emoji1787]

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Volvo update.

Needs a bit of welding but nothing too severe. Been told it will be £200 to get it through the mot (including the price of the mot) so I can live with that.

Should be back with me late next week hopefully.

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
Here's your donor Jim

Mazda mx5 G-Ltd 1.8 Turbo.
Very quick little car!
Decided to sell this as is, as a running car instead of breaking it for parts for my other mx5 project.
1995 G-Ltd.
99713km.
240hp turbo kit. Mapped by evil tuning with printouts.
Switchable maps low and high boost with boost controller.
180 and 240hp.
Megasquirt ms2 enhanced.
Coilovers.
Gv front lip.
Aftermarket exhaust.
15 x 8j et20 schmidt modernline, good tyres.
Roll bar hoops.
Usual 1.8 specs, bracing and rear tower brace bar.
Vented headlight lid.
FMIC
Bad bits.
Car's bodywork isn't the best, was welded up by the previous owner, needs under sills repairing.
Factory G-Ltd blue soft top, its been stored under the hardtop and has wear on the sides.
Crunches in 2nd when downshifting.
Was told its an Uprated clutch but sometimes struggles on high boost.
Unsure on diff maybe fuji?
Car is sold without the hardtop as I'm using this for my other mx5 build. I do have another hardtop seperate.
Viewing available.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
2.5k! Jeepers! I’m still looking for a 940 donor but prices are going a bit silly.

I even dropped a note on one in garforth yesterday to see if the owner was selling.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Is it not more important to make sure all the body plastics are the same colour first?

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
I started doing it with some back to black but literally got bored after that one piece! Should have taken the photo from the other side.

Used engine oil works really well, so long as you want to go black and not a real dark grey.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
After waiting 6 weeks for the v5 I have given up waiting and rung the dvla to tax the volvo! Had to pay 6 months in advance but the guy told me it’s now 8 weeks to turn around v5s by post!