ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

# My Official Diary Of Ownership - 172 Flamer #

Italian 3.2 V6
# My Official Diary Of Ownership - 172 Flamer # WEEKLY UPDATE ! #

Milage: 54,138
MPG: 30.0

Money spent this week:-
-£25 for tow eye
-£40 on cleaning products
-£35 day on the quater mile

On wed/thu earlier this week i bought a Tow-Eye from SI off of here and also bought some cleaning products for my car (detailing brush, mags wheels brush, miracle drying towel and some great wheel cleanr!!)

..anyway so far i have had a good 2days off with the car. today i went with my friend and cuzin to a quater mile meet. loads of people turned up and was a great day, only let down was the cold wind. lots of great cars on the strip even incl. the new nissan skyline GT-R (that thing is RAPID!!) looks an amazing machine in the flesh also! andthe usual cars like novas with crazy engines in (beating evos n scoobys) type-Rs etc etc. i eventually got the balls to go and have ago at doing it myself for the 1st time. i must say it was very good fun. best run i had was against a Ford RS (old one), beat him off the line for the 1st half then he over took me towards the end of the run. but the best time i got was 15.6 at 86mph which i guess isnt too bad for my 1st few attempts lol.

heres a couple pics of it..

later on today i decided to have ago at fitting the Tow-Eye again i had bought. when i say again.. i mean it was pissing me off that it wouldnt fit 1st time round last night. anyway eventually after 30min and some copper grease i eventually got it fitted (that bit you screw into must of been pitted and full of s**t!) and am very pleased to how it looks on the car. i think its very "track" looking now (especially with my wheels :D ) which i am very happy with as this is the look i am after :)

here is updated pics of how the car is today!

i neeeed a CF splitter!!!!!!!!!

Cheers, Piers,

1.4 phase 1
your car is so sexy, when i get my 172 or 182 i am so putting on the tow-eye, its a thing of beauty and really sets of the car. your bird is a nice one to.

Italian 3.2 V6
Your car = sex!!!

Maybe paint the tow eye white? Apart from that, it is just perfect

thanks, i would but i think eventually the paint would flake off as the ring is loose and will wobble n clang about. i like the idea though.

your car is so sexy, when i get my 172 or 182 i am so putting on the tow-eye, its a thing of beauty and really sets of the car. your bird is a nice one to.

lol, i do like it alot. makes a nice little suttle improvment. ..hope you have voted for her ;)

good updates again, tow eye looks nice :)

towing eye ftw. glad it was sorted bud.

ino me too, again thankyou too you for selling them :D

JJT

1.4 16v Dynamique+
Actually my favorite car on here at the moment! F**king gorgeous.

What tyres did you go for on the wheels? ive got a set of those too, just need to get them resprayed, think they look so nice on the clios...

Italian 3.2 V6
Actually my favorite car on here at the moment! F**king gorgeous.

What tyres did you go for on the wheels? ive got a set of those too, just need to get them resprayed, think they look so nice on the clios...

..WOW.. thats a big personal opinion... thanks mate :D

tyres are poop budget ones.. for now! zexen ones. seem ok tbh lol. yea they look great in the flesh but need to be in grey or white..

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8
i like it alot mate nice one. i need a set of spacers where did you get yours from?

Italian 3.2 V6

Milage: 54,390
MPG: 32.4

-£47.50 on full thank of Fuel

not much happened this week tbh, drove to newcastle yesterday (metro centre) and gave the car a good simple little clean today.. cleaning progress was...

-wheels 1st, used bilberry wheels cleaner and detailing brush
-door shuts, used Zymol shampoo in a little spray bottle (1:5) and a spray bottle of water and detailing brush then wiped down with towel.
-2 bucket method again using zymol car wash and megs mitt.
-completly dried off
-hoovered and wiped down interior

didnt need any polish, wax, clay etc etc as it simply doesnt need done yet. couple more weeks until those stages need doing again.

took me about an hour and a half to do and here are the results below.. btw i have driven the car since it was freshly washed due to cam bat was on charge :( ..so looks absolutly filthy now!! ;)

keep tuning in guys ;)

cheers, piers.

Italian 3.2 V6

Milage: 54,512
MPG: 30.4

-£110 on Ktec CF Splitter (matt finish)

this weekend i finally bought the much needed carbon fibre splitter from ktec, in the matt finish. as you know from this thread i have previously owned ktecs CF splitter but it was the polished finsh one so i was hopeing this one would live up to / be better than the previouse one, which i feel now it certainly has!! i think it suits the car alot more .i.e the fog surroundings and grill etc are all a matt finish plastic which matches the splitter finish therefore it doesnt look out of place with the rest of the car :) !

i fitted it myself, it took me around 30min to do, easy as pie tbh as long as you have the gear to do it. i jacket it up onto a set of axle stands to get the front lifted up high enought to work under the front, used masking tape to semi-hold the splitter in position. market out on the splitter and under-bumper where to drill, drilled the marked areas then fixed it! wasnt to happy that ktec sent me the wrong size fixings... 2 different sizes... but this wasnt a huge problem, so this just meant i used different size drill bits. any way here are the results below after a usual weekly wash :D !

i am soooo happy with the current look! i love it! splitter really deoes set it off and give it that mean "track" look i am aiming to complete!!

hope you all like! ;) keep tuning in!!

Cheers, Piers!!

Z4
that's phit! I'm not meant to say this, but I'd swap it for my cup in a heartbeat lol.

15.6 seems on the slow side mind, I would probably put this down to the budget tyres and the fact it's your first time on the strip.

Last edited:
  PH2 RS 172 Forsale
Just read the whole lot, excellent progress thread you have defo givin me ideas for mine now!

Italian 3.2 V6
really nice clio i respect people that really care about his/her cars.

thanks dude.. same here and i do try :)

that's phit! I'm not meant to say this, but I'd swap it for my cup in a heartbeat lol.

15.6 seems on the slow side mind, I would probably put this down to the budget tyres and the fact it's your first time on the strip.

lol thanks m8! yea i think your right, more to the fact it was my 1st time and was a tad nervus lol i think.. its just getting the launch right. wind was against the strip also that day :(

Just read the whole lot, excellent progress thread you have defo givin me ideas for mine now!

im glad its gave you ideas.. hope all goes well with yours :D just ask if you need any help with anything :) happy to help!

Lovely car mate ;)

yyaaaayyy :) :) cheers!

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
nice update ive got the previous splitter but i like yours more!

just wanna check with you them wheels off the ph1 172's fitted fine to your car didnt they?

Italian 3.2 V6
nice update ive got the previous splitter but i like yours more!

just wanna check with you them wheels off the ph1 172's fitted fine to your car didnt they?

cheers, m8 :)

and yea these mag ones fitted on no problem at all.. straight on :)

Italian 3.2 V6
Cheers pal, erm don't know, think they look just right without centre caps.. Not really thought on it tbh..

Italian 3.2 V6
Yea it's lowerd on shitty Ktec springs about -40mm but they are getting replaced ASAP with eibech sportlines!

Italian 3.2 V6

Milage: 54,636
MPG: 30.0

-£35 on petrol

this weekend it was that time of the month again for the car... the big squeeky clean wash!! :) couldnt of been a better day for it either! boilling hot! :cool: the big wash includes these steps : -

-wash down with hose,
-2 bucket method hand wash using Zymol n megs mitt,
-completely dried off
-clayed (megs),
-rinse down n dried
-hand polished (AG)
-waxed :) (megs)

all to keep the paint work looking epic! ;) after doing this i went out around the country and took aload of pics of what the results look like :) i am a pic ***** i know but i love it! :eek: love to show my pride n joy off! :approve:

i love the contrast of the grean with the flame red!! ..injoy! :cool:

Keep tuning in! ;)

Cheers, Piers

Clio mk2 ph2
Lovely car mate

Can i just ask about your insurance, cos your 20 like me and its gettin to the time where i can afford and am lookin for a 172 (feels like i bin waiting for ever!) Any good places for younger drivers etc? cos the cost of insurance is the main problem for me like.

Cheers Ian

Italian 3.2 V6
LOL well..... I pay £2,600 for mine buts that's only due to the fact that I dont have any NCB's as I have only had 1years named drivers exp PLUS I have 3points on my license (CD10) so I'm 100% sure you can get it waay cheaper than that unless your in the same boat or worser than me... I am with NFU which for me was the cheapest by atleast £500. My friend also 20 (2 NCB, no points etc) was quoted £1,400 easy and I'm sure if he looked further he could get it down to atleast £1,200!

I pay loads but it's well worth it for me IMO!

Hope this helps, cheers, piers!

Lovely car mate

Can i just ask about your insurance, cos your 20 like me and its gettin to the time where i can afford and am lookin for a 172 (feels like i bin waiting for ever!) Any good places for younger drivers etc? cos the cost of insurance is the main problem for me like.

Cheers Ian

Clio mk2 ph2
Lol sounds like the same boat like, 3pts and no NCB however 3 years driving so dunno if that will help. Cheers for the info i'll have a hunt around, suppose i mite get cheaper motor and pay bit more on insurance. Sounds like you got a rite bargain on your 172, flame red mint aswell!

Ian

Nice write up mate.

Your gf looks quite like rachel weisz.

3715705173a10558956368o.jpg

rachel-weisz-pictures%20(10).jpg

Related? lol

Italian 3.2 V6
yea if you look hard enough and do some blaging on the getting the price down you can get 172's for a real bargain!!

But yea with INS you should still get it cheaper than me still as u have 3years under the belt, I only have 1 :( rockets down wen you become 21 mind..!

Good luck!

Clio mk2 ph2
Thats an option like wait till then, but then im gettin sick of corsa sports and VTS's *****ing on u know lol only so much you can do in a 1.2 16v! haha

Cheers Ian

Italian 3.2 V6
Thats an option like wait till then, but then im gettin sick of corsa sports and VTS's *****ing on u know lol only so much you can do in a 1.2 16v! haha

Cheers Ian

LOL this is true... That's y I just went for the plunge from a 1.4 16v Clio and got a 172, never looked back even tho I'm paying a fortune!! It's could b worth looking Into a Twingo 133..???

Cheers,, piers.