ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

# My Official Diary Of Ownership - 172 Flamer #

Italian 3.2 V6
Very very good thread! Keep it going!

Its an interesting read for a boring afternoon at work!

lol glad to keep you busy lol!

that carpet effort is excellent! makes a difference to the noise i imagine too.

cheers dude! :D

This is such a nice clio!
Well done mate, you take proper good care of it!
Love it! :D

again cheers mate!! i do try, i do love her tooo much! lol.

the back looks wel tidy mate. top job

cheers :) :)

Italian 3.2 V6

yea i agree mate, i keep meaning to buy some but couldnt find anyready made, cheers for thelinks! will get some ASAP and stuck on :D gloss white FTW!! lol.

thats cos it was fitted by the best :eek:

cars looking mint still mate, exhaust note changed much since fitting?

very very true! ;) f**king love it! cheers hutchie and yea but not much tbh, little bit louder and bit more rasp to it buts thats it tbh.. still love it tho!! cars running sweet since the service aswell ;D :D got some more/another set of matched inlets arriving next week and would ask you to fit them but unfortunalty i neeed them fitted by the 1st/2nd so unfortunatly wont be able to visit my main man to fit them for me as i wont have time with work etc :( so gona have to try and fit them myself with a guide :( lol.. help! :( :(

alien green rs133
yea i agree mate, i keep meaning to buy some but couldnt find anyready made, cheers for thelinks! will get some ASAP and stuck on :D gloss white FTW!! lol.

very very true! ;) f**king love it! cheers hutchie and yea but not much tbh, little bit louder and bit more rasp to it buts thats it tbh.. still love it tho!! cars running sweet since the service aswell ;D :D got some more/another set of matched inlets arriving next week and would ask you to fit them but unfortunalty i neeed them fitted by the 1st/2nd so unfortunatly wont be able to visit my main man to fit them for me as i wont have time with work etc :( so gona have to try and fit them myself with a guide :( lol.. help! :( :(

if you get stuck you know where i am and im always happy to fit parts :D

Italian 3.2 V6
# My Official Diary Of Ownership - 172 Flamer # Change of Plan! #

ok, not been doing any weekly updates for a long time now.. i went on holiday and just havent bothered since i got back :( , plus i havent actually done anything to the 172 since the last update until now..

so as the weekly updates have been broken then i am just going to carry on and only update when i have something to update with..

and no dont worry, the car is fine and running like a dream ;)

Cheers, piers.

Italian 3.2 V6
# My Official Diary Of Ownership - 172 Flamer # UPDATE ! #

Ok, so the other week i was originally going to spend 350quid on upgrading the brakes and tyres as atm i am running stock brakes and budget tyres which IMO are poop and need to be upgraded.. after the brakes/tyres i was going to upgrade the suspenison to a second stage.. i was going to buy Vmaxx Coilovers..

This all changed when i had a PM off another member from here about selling me his set of H&R Coilovers for 350 posted.. and tbh i would of been daft to turn these down as these are highly recomended from other 1*2 owners on the forum. so luckly for him and me he had JUST got intouch with me 2days before i was going to buy the new Brake/tyres. so i thought brakes n tyres can wait a month and i happly opted for the H&Rs and they arrived the following week from slovenia ;)

how the car looked before work started

So once they arrived i had been in touch with a couple of people and eventually got a hold of my good old friend Hutchie (Highly recomended guy) who gladly said he would fit them for me the following weekend.

So once Saterday arrived i set off to Hutchies and on the way i took a different route to what i took the 1st time i visited him last (when he fitted my zorst etc) this route was down the M6, off at Penrith onto the A66 to Brough and found this B-road which was FANTASTIC!! I was very lucky as this road was a perfect road to compare and test out the H&R coilovers (once fitted) against the current Eibech Sportlines i originaly had fitted. I was on this road for a good 20min and it was full of great tight bends etc it was what the 1*2 was made for tbh! f**king brilliant!! Even better that the weather was bloody brilliant and there wasnt a soul about ;) really got to go to the limits tbh! ;)

Anyway once arrived to Hutchies place.. he got to work and fitted the rears,

..then a mint FERRARI GTB arrived and needing a little job done to it! heres some pics of that!

what a beautiful car that was and the sound was emence!

Once that was done he got back to mine and finished the front off in no time at all ;)

Hutchie did a fantastic job and talked me through all the work and was very helpful with my questions about what he was doing and whats what etc.. if you want anything done this is the guy to come and see!! fantastic work for a fantastic price! plus you get to enjoy the drive there ;)!

so coilovers fitted and fiddled about with the hieght to get it just right and front camber was out as much as it could go which looks and drives mint! ;)

then got the car up and out the garage and took a few snaps with hutches baby before i left for the test drive home on the emence B-Road!!

So now the important bit! the Review of the H&Rs ;)
Its hard to know were to start as they are so much better in everyway.. body roll is reduced even more! they are stiffer than stock setup, not as stiff as some other coilovers but inbetween which is better IMO, just rght for fast road and the odd track day..
Compared to the stock setup and Eibech springs they are stiffer but they take the pain the road gives so much better.. with the stock setup with Eibechs it felt crashy yet soft and too much body roll... now it feels stiff yet more planted and just not crashy at all and hardly any body roll whats so ever.. even when accelerating hard out of a corner or standing still it doesnt lift at the front like it did before, same with braking, it doesnt lift at the rear like it did before.. its like driving a Go-Kart tbh..
Since camber is set to max at the front it turns in alot quicker.. but one thing with having all that camber, is when turning hard/tight it feels wrong, like its over-turning in a way.. but this is only when slow general driving as you cant turn that sharp/near full lock at higher speeds.
With the Ride hieght, IMO the ride hieght is perfect, so there is little rubidge when driving fast round corners etc but that will soon die off once the arche line as worn away lol, but thats what happens when you goo loowww.. other than that i havent actually witnessed any problems with normal driving in the town over speed bumps etc etc.. so all seems great atm in that department!

Overall i am very pleased with the H&Rs, but i wouldnt buy them new for 800+. if you are going to buy them just get them 2nd hand. IMO i dont think the Improvement is worth paying 800+ quid, but defo worth 350 (what i paid 2nd hand) but remember i aint no track freak, just fast road driving freak.. so it suits my style of driving for that price best IMO.

so here is some snaps i took of the car once i got home. hope you all love it as much as i do! ;)

sorry for waffling on but couldnt help it! any other questions that i havent answered above please fire away and i will try and answer best i can! ;)

cheers! Piers!!

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
spending money on coilovers when you have recycled condoms around those OZ F1's? :O

alien green rs133
i cant get over how much better this thing looks

correct spacing will look awesome.

ignore potter (barron) he is stuck way too far up his own arse :D

Italian 3.2 V6

This weekend i attended a another CumbriaCliosport Run/Meet which was organized by BenG ;)

This was the route which was planned for the day : http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?msa=0&msid=107131605909629991762.00046afdcba69e 2f5e837&doflg=ptm&ie=UTF8&ll=54.446089,-2.200012&spn=1.066845,2.460938&z=9

one thing i was looking forward too (aswell as meeting up with the local chaps n doing the run) was the fact i could test out my H&Rs to another further level..

the day was a great day. 5 people of the original 8 turned up.. even tho there was only 5 of us.. in someways i think its better as people are less likely to get lost and average speeds are usually quicker and more fun! ;) which they were! Weather stayed dry, tried to rain a couple of times but thankgod it never and stayed overcast n cool yet dry with the odd peak of MR sunshine...

filled the car up which cost me 49.70 and i used 8/10th of it through out the whole day.
and i put tyre pressure down to a nice soft 30.5 at the front and 26 at the rear as i have no rear interior.

Car performed really well bar the brakes (stock brakes are utter s**t under high temp and bad for fade).. tyres were suprisingly good and very capable for budgets and trust me i WASNT driving slow.. ask BenG ;) Tyre Pressure seemed Bob on aswell!

..anyway the H&Rs made flying through corners a dream! best thing about them was it enabled me to come out of the corners at a quicker speed, also body roll has OBV been dramaticly reduced and car feels sooo much more planted in every way.. just feels like a road going Go-Kart tbh! Love flying into corners.. and takes the punishment the road gives so well! its awesome! so still alll guuurd feedback with the H&Rs... cant fault them tbh, especially for 350! prob my best buy yet tbh!

so in all i loved the day out! was awesome! apart from the odd granny driver who ruined alot of the good roads by driving below 40mph in 60mph areas (obv).. and should of pulled over to let us past!

Brakes Seriously need upgrading next as they were the main letdown for me! utter fade and no bite to them, really am disapointed in the standard Renaultsport stock setup.. why they used these i do not know! utter s**t! worst part about the car!

BenG made the day for me as he was a quick leader so me and him had some fun upfront loosing the others ;)

anyway im blabbing on now so here are the pics from the day...

Cheers, piers

Clio 182 Trophy
Nice !

You were Definetly quicker out of the corners. I had to compensate for it with added bravery on my part ! :cool:

I was out braking you by a long way going into the corners though. Next mod had got to be brakes!!

Ben.

Italian 3.2 V6
yea defo ben, also u had the extra horses (with ur newest mods) which pulled u back up to speed out of corners! we seriously need to do a track day... we are getting tooo brave for the roads lol.. i also think it would be an awesome battle on the track ;)

but yea defo want brakes updgraded in the next few weeks.. something like Gibs setup, from reading what he has just bought they seem like a good buy.. same as what u have.. defo max grooved disks.. just the pads :S need to see what the penny will allow me to get tho ;)

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
shame i couldnt make this meet. stupid sister fainting on the stairs! not that you guys wudda waited for me, landrovers aint as fast as 1*2's
though its faster than my 1.2 :(

on topic nice car mate glad its goin well for you :p

Clio 182 Trophy
I would love to have a go against you on track Piers. I would prefer to have H&R's on track tho, they are probably better suited, but I guess there is only 1 way to find out ! Get your Brakes done and well get on it . . .

Italian 3.2 V6
Tunst - yea shame mate, sorry to here about ur sis tho! hope all is well! maby next time then ay! ;) cheersmate ;)

BenG - dont worry, im on the case! couple weeks and i should have money for them... will hopefully have them on for Nov time.. ;)

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
yeah she fine jst a few bruises here and their, they sed it had sum@ to do with he having the baby 5 days ago, she tired etc. iv got a plan in my head for a next cumbria meet but i need to fork out £10 for membership! lol

Italian 3.2 V6
yeah she fine jst a few bruises here and their, they sed it had sum@ to do with he having the baby 5 days ago, she tired etc. iv got a plan in my head for a next cumbria meet but i need to fork out £10 for membership! lol

lol, do it u wont regret it ;)

Italian 3.2 V6

Milage : 60,336
Fate wipers : 20quid!

just a small update to show the car is all well and still alive ;) and little mod, seen some flat blades in a local car shop and iv seen a few ppl with these on there 1*2s and love them, also mine were fooked so it was an excuse to go out and buy a pair ;) work a treat aswell! excellent!! heres some piccy :)

..then as i have a few days off and am off away on weekend i need to rear seats etc back in so took me 10min to fit them then hoovered and wiped down interioir and WALLAH!! all back in looking although they aint ever been out ;) sounds alot quieter in the car now ;) here some pics! think im gona keep them in now aswell..

PISSED THE FAT GINGER s**t OFF IN THE PROCCESS!

,oh n just found this funny pic of the dog! thought u guys may like to see it ;)

finally after seing the parents.. heres the last pic of the weapon to date! ;)

Cheers, Piers.

Last edited by a moderator:
  Italian 3.2 V6

Milage : 60,400
clay : 15quid
megs drying towel : 10quid

sorr in advance as this has to be a quick update, in a hurry to go out and dont have time tnyt or tmrw :(..

but yea, went out for a quick blast yesterday with the cuz in his Alfa 147 GTA! great fun! always love a blast out as this is what the cars are made for ;)

Driven, NOT detailed! ;)

so today it was due a clean as it was pitted :( lol.. had to buy some clay as i had ran out also a new drying towel as mine as had its ass used out of it and was doing a s**t job!

heres a couple pics.

now ran out of bilberry wheel cleaner tho! so its on purchase in time for the next clean.. which no doubt will be in a couple days ;) lol

cheers, piers.

Titanium 182
8220_187054055930_694385930_4345648_7122720_n.jpg

Nice wash mitt, looks like it would hold water well.

JB

RB 182 Cup
You've sold it to me. I'm definately getting white wheels on my Flamer now. Cracking car mate.

Italian 3.2 V6

Milage : 60,998
1L Billberry wheel cleaner : 8quid
Mirical drying towel : 10quid

so i had ran out of the best wheelcleaner in the world! and im being serious.. i think it is the best wheel cleaner in the world! never had anything which cleans dirt n s**t off the wheels as well and as easy as what this stuff does!
I also bought a proper drying towel as the one i bought in the last update was a heap of s**t! such a waste of 15quid!! :( :( so i was pissed off and bought myself a proper one! ;)

This meant the car was filthy so gave it a quick good clean today ;)

really really need to get some proper pics somewere else other than my bloody drive! lol. so next time i will go out on the search for a brilliant and epic location for some awesome pics..

oh yea and btw ..keep an eye out for the update next week as there will be a huge change to the 172.. im going to the dark side ;) hope its the right thing to do! ;)

cheers. piers.