ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

# My Official Diary Of Ownership - 172 Flamer #

R26
W4tson, my first post on the forum and its going to be about insurance, how dull lol but I thought its worth letting you know:

Im 20 with 3 years NCB and admiral are only quoting £800 fully comp on a Clio 172. They insured me no problem on my last car (a Seat Leon Cupra R 225) for about the same price. They've been fantastic and just about the only insurance company I've found that will touch a young driver so it may be worth a quote?

More on topic: Been reading your thread and car looks fantastic. Im hopefully very close to buying my first clio (ph2 172 or an early 182) and found your thread really helpful!
Ben

Clio rt 1.4
mate im loving it haha been sittin here for about half hour reading everythin. love the car mate you seem realy into it !! keep it up mate P.M mee wen u go to update the post and ill keep an eye out. love what you doing mate P.M meeeeeeee

Italian 3.2 V6
W4tson, my first post on the forum and its going to be about insurance, how dull lol but I thought its worth letting you know:

Im 20 with 3 years NCB and admiral are only quoting £800 fully comp on a Clio 172. They insured me no problem on my last car (a Seat Leon Cupra R 225) for about the same price. They've been fantastic and just about the only insurance company I've found that will touch a young driver so it may be worth a quote?

More on topic: Been reading your thread and car looks fantastic. Im hopefully very close to buying my first clio (ph2 172 or an early 182) and found your thread really helpful!
Ben

LOL il take it as a compliment u have posted your 1st post in my thread! Haha!

Cheers m8 and hope it does help, feel free to Pm me with any question at anytime, I am happy to help! ;)

Oh n btw.. Big welcome to CS :) ul love it!!

Cheers, piers!

Italian 3.2 V6
mate im loving it haha been sittin here for about half hour reading everythin. love the car mate you seem realy into it !! keep it up mate P.M mee wen u go to update the post and ill keep an eye out. love what you doing mate P.M meeeeeeee

Glad u like it! LOL no problem! I will try my best to keep you informed but check now and again incase I ever forget :( LOL, updates are usualy on a Sunday! Little hint to what I have orders this week is a new exhaust system and some brilliant new springs to replace my current poo ones! ;)

Cheers piers!

Clio mk2 ph2
P4ers u got my first 1st post in your thread aswell! well done lol

Rockford yeh i guess its dull however insurance kinda important part of car ownership lol and your only 20 and have had a Cupra R and now gettin a RS clio? lucky man you must b minted :p

Ian

Italian 3.2 V6
P4ers u got my first 1st post in your thread aswell! well done lol

Rockford yeh i guess its dull however insurance kinda important part of car ownership lol and your only 20 and have had a Cupra R and now gettin a RS clio? lucky man you must b minted :p

Ian

Oh yea sh*t, so U did! Sorry LOL didn't relise! But yea cool thanks :) :star:

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Looks great Piers, never thought white would work well with a flamer but you've proved me wrong!

Keep it up.

Italian 3.2 V6
again cheers guys :D :D and yea before fitting the white wheels i was very unure but just went for it and luckly it worked well !! :D

cheers!

Italian 3.2 V6
# My Official Diary Of Ownership - 172 Flamer # WEEKLY UPDATE ! #

Milage: 54,904
MPG: 35.5

Money spent this week:-
-£296 Ktec supersports Reccesed Exhaust System
-£128 Eibech Sportlines
-£118 6month tax
-£30 petrol

+ Car also got a Minor service done at 54,904 miles + (last one was done 6k ago!!)

so this week was the big spend week as you can see above... i have made myself skint :( lol... anyway recieved them all on friday as usual and drove down to barnard castle area to meet Hutchie at his garage to have them fitted plus having a minor service and gear-box oil changed. got he car serviced well before it was due but like to look after my car so i dont mind, want to keep it healthy healthy :) especially since its the lakes run next weekend.

Hutchie did a fantastic job and i really recomend him to any1 else for any other services fitting etc etc! really friendly and very informative with what he was doing!! thankyou ;)

so once the car was done it felt so so much better to drive!, the eibech springs are a awsome ride compared to the previouse ktec ones which were really harsh and poo basicly, these ebiechs have transformed the car totaly handling wise, love the ride! so much smoother! car feels so much more planted which means i am alot more confident on country roads which before i felt although the car was going to slide off as it was bouncing everywere! but not no more! sticks to the ground like its on rails! love it! also the drop is exactly the same. originaly i thought it would be a tad higher as these are usualy known for a s**t drop but to me they are perfect as you can see in the pics below! recomend these springs 110%!!!
With the new exhaust fitted, due to the prevouse ktec stealth exhast having a hole in it (were a weld was) causing it to sound s**t and loss of power! :( but know it sounds awsome and goes really well! nice and smooth and lovely sound! looks awesome aswell! really does suit the look of the car! love it! only thing i wasnt to happy about at 1st was the boomy sound inside the car but tbh i have got used to that already lol, hasnt really phased me driving it tnyt which it did at 1st! but apart from that again i 110% recommend this exhaust system! looks awesome and a lovely note!

heres a few pics, injoy! comments welcome! :rasp:

cheers, piers! :)

alien green rs133
glad your happy dude, lovely car, and sounds lovely, fits lovely with the bumper :D

must mention karl for giving a hand aswell

Last edited:
  Italian 3.2 V6
oh yea sorry -Karl-, wasnt 100% sure on what ur name on here was.. now i know! cheers for helping out aswell :) love your ph1 ;) and your rep hutchie! done a great job with them!!

Italian 3.2 V6
spray the badges white to tie it all in even more! but lovely looking car! keep it up!

I have been thinking on this but still not 100% on the idea, front diamond yea but not sure on the rear... Especially since I have my zorst on show.. Thanks tho pal!

Northern Will

ClioSport Club Member
  Recaro'd Red Box
nice thread piers! Car looks clean as and smart, I look forward to seeing it on Sunday:approve:

Italian 3.2 V6
# My Official Diary Of Ownership - 172 Flamer # WEEKLY UPDATE ! #

Milage: 55,185
MPG: 32.3

Money spent this week:-
-£20 KTEC pannel filter
-£55 petrol

this weekend was a great weekend! weather wasnt the best but that didnt ruin things! so this week once i got home on friday i had gave the car a good old usual clean and then when saterday arrived i had waiting for me was a... Ktec Pannel Filter which i had orderd as i have heard great things about it for its price!
so i fitted this on sat morning, easy as pie to do and only took 10min max! undo a few screws and bish bash bosh! done!

so went for a blast and tbfh its quite amazing the difference it makes to the car! the car actually feels quick now! picks up revs much earlier and feels alot more responsive and seems to have quite abit more torque.. dont know how much but it certainly feels quicker! i think this is only due to my new exhaust system i had fitted the other week and since fitting the pannel filter has actually made the whole air flow system now come alive! certainly feels it! it feels like it should do.. quick! Well Impressed with this buy!!!

HIGHLY RECOMEND BUYING ONE OF THESE IF YOU HAVENT ALREADY!!!

.... So once that was fitted i got onto eventually removing the front bumper stickers which desperatly needed removing! just used a hair dryer and they came off no problem at all! love it without the stickers! looks sooo much better! :)

here is how it looked with them..

this is without the stickers..

so in all after these last few mods in the last couple weeks my car feels transformed into something fun and great now to drive!! i actually have the urge to want to go out and drive it for no reason at all apart from getting the smile factor! :) so all this good news, which got me really really excited for the lakes run the next day sunday ( today :) )

lakes run was class! weather stayed dry, cloudy but dry! so all was good! only little bad point was 2/3rds of the listed people never actually turned up.. there was only five of us in all. ME, Casson182, BenG, Gib244 and Groovejunkie. lads were all spot on and nice meeting u guys! ;) there was alot of good driving but there was some ghey areas were we got stuck behind granny drivers but once we got into the open road all was good! great driving roads thanks to BenG who organized the route and meet! he lead the whole way and was a quick leader which i like :) :)

Hope all went ok with your cup Groovejunkie! did u make it home!?

Had a really fast drive back with Casson182 on the A6 back home which finsished the day of nicely!! nice one ben, didnt reallise u had the balls ;) great driving! few squeeky bum moments! haha!!!

here are some pics of the run out, sorry for te pics, my mate who was passenger with me was taking them... never really touched a cam before but he did ok! so iv picked the best of the bunch ;)

INJOY!!

We also passed one of these beasts parked up on the run... :) :) :) looks awesome!!

cheers, piers, comments welcome :)

Last edited by a moderator:
  Clio 182 Trophy
Piers you were lucky to have any pictures tbh and the camera is not at the bottom of Hardknott pass in pieces.;)

Really enjoyed today. :cool:

R26
hi,nice read,the cars looking very well and might take your advice on the sportlines as iv got harsh ktec springs atm.

Italian 3.2 V6
hi,nice read,the cars looking very well and might take your advice on the sportlines as iv got harsh ktec springs atm.

Cheers mate! And yea I beg u to get some! Ride quality is awesome and handling is greatly improved! Still get a decent drop aswell!

Titanium 182
Looks 10 times better without stickers :)

I might come for the next cumbria meet lol. So much nicer roads than Leeds.

Italian 3.2 V6
Yea hope it does :) if not can easy replace... Was only £12 :)

And yea cheers, don't know y I didn't remove the stickers sooner! Looks so much better :)

Lakes run roads are really awesome! Just hope
More turn up next time!

Vibed loooowww 1.poo
where u get it for 12 quid? im assuming ur talking about the 3/4 plates, and also that ur going to risk getting stopped, im interested in gettin new plates, small at the front and normal at the back, my ones look s hite