ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Ph1 172 on 17" OZ f1's... new pics :)

01 Renaultsport Clio 172
Gave her a good clean yesterday and took a few pics on my phone at a local spot, what ya think?

Theyre 17" OZ F1 Cups powdercoated in graphite grey, thought i'd go for something a little different.

BTW Eibach sportlines just arrived need fitting as its a little high atm.

Cheers
Sam

25012008165.jpg

25012008164.jpg

25012008167.jpg

25012008168.jpg

25012008163.jpg

25012008162.jpg

01 Renaultsport Clio 172
yeah thats what i just said, springs arrived yesterday, getting them fitted next weekend when ive got a few good hours spare. Really needs it as it handles like dogshit on the standard springs.

Sam

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
Don't put Ph2 lights on - the Ph1s are much more subtle. Ph2 are faux-lexus :)

Looks sweet though dude!

Dan

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
I'd have gone with 16"s but they still look pretty good and will be miles better when lower and with some decent pics

Nice car ;)

Wheels are way to big for it though.
Looks like a pair of roller boots I owned back in 1989

01 Renaultsport Clio 172
I'd have gone with 16"s but they still look pretty good and will be miles better when lower and with some decent pics

What do you mean 'decent' pics you cheeky t**t! lol

Just outa interest why 16's? There's naff all difference between a 17 on a 40 profile tyre and a stanard 16", but it looks so much better. It annoys me how everyone is like everyone else........... oh i have a ph-quick i must put 16" OZ f1's/turini's on and ph2 rear lights with a cup spoiler. It's becoming BORING! Why cant people be original with their mods??! why do you have to fit a certain criteria on this site? mmmmm

01 Renaultsport Clio 172
Nice car ;)

Wheels are way to big for it though.
Looks like a pair of roller boots I owned back in 1989

No theyre not. people put 17" turini's on ph2 cups all the time, why should it be different for a ph1?

Sam

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
17's just look a bit too big imo. Tidy though.

Edit: i don't think f1's suit 17+ personally.

Really needs it as it handles like dogs**t on the standard springs.

Sam

Really? :S

I would get the car checked over in that case, because the Ph1 172 handles fantastically on standard suspension. Yours must be broken if it handles as bad as you make out.

01 Renaultsport Clio 172
Really needs it as it handles like dogs**t on the standard springs.

Sam

Really? :S

I would get the car checked over in that case, because the Ph1 172 handles fantastically on standard suspension. Yours must be broken if it handles as bad as you make out.

Yeah, although it was fine before i changed them. Feels like the springs are too soft to cope with the car body being that much higher, higher center of gravity and all that.

Sportlines will sort it when i get them fitted, its just finding time and daylight in between uni work, djing, girlfirend and setting up my own night!!!! havnt even been food shopping in 3 weeks lol

Chocolate Bar™
love it! the cliosport convention is 16 inch f1s or 16 inch turinis, anything else just aint cool apparently! personally think it looks mint

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8
i got ph 2 rear lights on myn makes such a diff so much nicer. ive alos got 16" f1s suit better imo. but yours looks nice lil high though get lowering!

123D Coupe + MK1 MX5
Don't worry, i'm with you mate, i've got 17's on my ph1 and i think it looks a lot better, if a little high. but thats getting sorted.