ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Renault Clio 172 Phase 1

Trafic 140dci
Oh god Yarmouth... say no more! Lol. You should see some good figures Silent_Scone just made around 208bhp & 178ftlb's (iirc) of torque with 428's & Jenveys, will be interesting to see what your AT Power throttle bodies make in comparison, should be fairly similar :)

As lewis said, those cheap bonnet pins arent road legal so I was informed, and found it on google.
Aero catches are as you cant impale/stab people with them when running them over.

Also you can lock Aerocatch's so no one from Yarmouth steal your airfilter ;) Joking! LOL.

ITB 428 Ph1
Yes Matt did mention how well Silent Scones car responded, I think he has the shorter trumpets too. It wouldnt surprise me if someone did steal the filter, you would see it later on in a 1.2 with a rocket launcher exhaust lol

Dmallet I will have to look into the pins for confirmation

Trafic 140dci
Yes Matt did mention how well Silent Scones car responded, I think he has the shorter trumpets too. It wouldnt surprise me if someone did steal the filter, you would see it later on in a 1.2 with a rocket launcher exhaust lol

Dmallet I will have to look into the pins for confirmation
Totally different throttle body setup on Jenvey's his trumpets are the best length for them iirc. Haha!!

ITB 428 Ph1
No I didnt go with the aero catches as Matt was saying its difficult to get a neat cut on my alloy bonnet, steel bonnets are no problem he was saying as they are stronger, the alloy could ripple when being cut and look a mess. Now I think about it, I think they were only £40 for the pins.

However, for the set up I wanted, I think we chose the best options. I could have left the slam panel in but then would have run the shorter trumpets which I didnt want.

I should probably start reading thing properly :eek:

It makes perfect sense now! Im going to attack my alloy bonnet before i get it sprayed and fit aero catches, hopefully i wont massacre it!

ITB 428 Ph1
I do agree with Lewis that it can be done, but I rekon its really hard to get it perfect. I think that would be the better option as your doing to do the cutting then get it sprayed and touched up if needed. I just spent £200 having the alloy bonnet sprayed and blended in with the wings so I couldnt take the risk.

SQ5
No I didnt go with the aero catches as Matt was saying its difficult to get a neat cut on my alloy bonnet, steel bonnets are no problem he was saying as they are stronger, the alloy could ripple when being cut and look a mess. Now I think about it, I think they were only £40 for the pins.

Aerocatches are £35.

Alloy is easier to fit aerocatches onto, Lewis & Dan will tell you, mine are spot on perfect, no mess, no ripples, no scratches on an alloy bonnet. Only took two hours. Probably the neatest thing about my car haha!

SQ5
All you need is a dremel, pencil and some masking tape!

Oh and patience, I should of done a guide really!

ITB 428 Ph1
UPDATE

As you may be aware my car went back to TDF on the 25th April to have there ITB package fitted. As this was going to cost a fair amount of money I decided I wanted to maximise my chances of a healthy gain. The spec that was potentially going to give me the gains I was chasing were as follows;

Longer trumpets
ITG sausage filter with backing plate
Slim line radiator and fan
A/C delete kit
Removal of slam panel and replaced with bonnet pins

Once Matt made a note of the spec and a couple of other jobs I needed doing (decat blowing and MOT) a deposit for the work was paid and he kindly dropped me off at the train station where I made my long journey home. I had originally planned to return on 3rd May, however there was a train strike and Matt had noticed my radiator was leaking. The brackets needed to install the radiator would take a couple of days to fabricate and because of the train strike I was able to re book my return tickets to Huntingdon at no extra cost. Therefore I returned on the 11th to collect a truely fantastic car.

I ask the guys to take pictures of the build as they progressed.

SDC18411.jpg

SDC18412.jpg

SDC18413-1.jpg

SDC18414.jpg

SDC18415.jpg

SDC18416-1.jpg

SDC18417-1.jpg

SDC18418.jpg

SDC18419.jpg

SDC18420.jpg

SDC18421.jpg

SDC18422.jpg

SDC18423.jpg

SDC18424.jpg

SDC18425.jpg

SDC18426.jpg

SDC18427.jpg

SDC18429.jpg

SDC18430.jpg

SDC18431.jpg

SDC18432.jpg

SDC18433.jpg

SDC18434.jpg

SDC18435.jpg

SDC18436.jpg

SDC18437.jpg

SDC18438.jpg

I also have some videos to upload from the dyno but I am just waiting for them to arrive in the post as they were to big to e-mail across. I never thought I would see flames out of my exhaust along with some great pops and bangs. Unfortunately a small piece of flooring was damaged in the making of this footage.

I know this is the bit everyone has been waiting for, the gains, well see for yourself

Coreypt.jpg

A truely awesome gain and I am very pleased.

My current spec
Exterior Styling

Aluminium bonnet with pins
HIDS 6000K and matching LED sidelights
Silver indicator lamps
182 Clear side repeaters and silver lamps
Blank standard fancy plates front andrear
182 titanium silver door handles
182 titanium silver door mouldings and bullets
182 titanium silver cup spoiler
20mm hub centric H&R front wheel spacers
Shorter style aerial

Engine

Blue 8mm Magnecor ignition leads and relocated coil pack mount
Cup A/C delete kit
ITG sausage filter and backing plate
AT power extended throttle bodies and loom
428 Cat camshafts and new timing belt TDF
TDF EC1 and map
Slim line radiator and fabricated brackets
Slim line fan
K-tec upper engine mount
K-tec lower gear box mount
Powerflex dog bone mount

Suspension

V-Maxx adjustable coil overs and full geometry

Exhaust

K-tec stainless steel 2.5” stealth cat back exhaust system
K-tec stainless steel 2.5” silenced de cat and gaskets

Brakes

Goodridge front and rear brake lines
Brembo max grooved front brake discs (waiting to go on)

Tyres

4 x Toyo T1R 195/45/15 (waiting to go on after wheel refurb)

RESULTS

216.7BHP AND 169FLYtrq

A fanstastic effort from the TDF team as always and a great customer service, thank-you guys.

This car has truely been transformed and what a specimen she is.

What does the future hold for this car

The next job is to get the wheels refurbed in a black chrome and get the T1R's on.
Send the door mouldings and bullets to spray shack
Install front Ferrodo DS pads along with the Brembo max grooved discs (when the existing discs and pads are worn)
Install Puremotorsport front brace and mounts (I did want this installed with the ITB's but I ran out of pennies)
Red coolant hose kit
Gear box refurbed along with a lightened flywheel (when either clutch or gear box pops)
Powerflex front wishbones
Whiteline ARB (maybe)

But just for now, start enjoying the car

Thanx for reading

ITB 428 Ph1
I am made up buddy, no lol i believe they were around £40 ish installed, I would have to double check my receipt for confirmation when it arrives.

ITB 428 Ph1
I would love to buddy, I have spoken to Lewis about it, is there one coming up anytime soon, the weathers gettin good too

ITB 428 Ph1
Yes it goes really well, absolutely demolished my mate in his EP3 type R the other night, however he began to catch me on one of the runs when he got into 6th gear which was a little worrying lol

225 Cup & Williams
Yes it goes really well, absolutely demolished my mate in his EP3 type R the other night, however he began to catch me on one of the runs when he got into 6th gear which was a little worrying lol

Lol ah its still a lot more fun to drive than a civic so I wouldn't worry.

ITB 428 Ph1
Little update

I've just bought another aluminium bonnet in titanium silver from Kev and some plus flush black lockable aero catches from demontweeks.com

I think the bonnet pins make the car look cheap and nasty so I decided to go with the aero catches. Ive asked the local Renault body shop to install the catches as I would most certainly mess it up. When everything arrives the plan is to take it down there so they can have a look.

The bonnet will need a respray as it probably won't be a perfect colour match but I won't bother if the installation isn't perfect as I've been told its very tricky on a aluminium bonnet. I'm hoping for a neat install and no pressure creases when it's closed.

Trafic 140dci
What's going on with the alloy bonnet as i thought you had one? You do realise you should be able to change the pins for aerocatch's on your current one!? But when i looked at pictures of your current one it looked dented around pins, looking at the light reflections, didn't say nothing though as i don't like negative comments :eek:

Speak to DannyR if you want a proper aerocatch install, his are lovelly and neat, he loves a bit of cash ;)

ITB 428 Ph1
Yes your absolutely right Lewis, it was creased and I just couldn't live with it anymore, hence why I made the decision to get things moving today.

Yes the bonnet I currently have is aluminium but as you pointed out its now creased and beyond repair IMO. Aluminium is a funny material and creases are hard to rectify. It cost me £120 for the bonnet and £200 for the respray on it so I was gutted when I noticed the crease.

Danny offered before as I had been PM him, if I can get the body shop todo it I will use them otherwise I will ask Danny very nicely and see what he sais.

Do you know anyone local to us who would do it body shops etc

Trafic 140dci
That's a shame about the bonnet, I wouldn't have a body shop do it as most just unbolt panels, put new ones on and paint etc, need someone handy with a dremel, so Danny is your best bet.

Trafic 140dci
Yes your right buddy, who done yours ? Or did you buy silent scones old one with them installed ?

I done them on my cup (wasn't very neat) on the ph1 they were already done on the bonnet, but i fitted them on my bumper.

I will be doing mine on my alloy bonnet when i fit it, but i'm not very and neat, so i wouldn't recommend myself :eek:

With the metal cutting discs for the dremmel they can be done so cleanly, me and my mate did some on his bonnet and they come up perfect. And im pretty cack handed.

Aero catches are far better than the nasty pins any day.

ITB 428 Ph1
Yes I agree bud, hopefully all will be rectified soon and I will have a cheesy grin on my little face lol

williamsclio.co.uk/forum
shame about the bonnet - but carnt you add a reinforcing plate behind to strengthen it and knock the dent out???

Even with the aero catches - it will still dent in the surrounding area when clamping it down, unless you dont do it so tight!

shame about the bonnet - but carnt you add a reinforcing plate behind to strengthen it and knock the dent out???

Even with the aero catches - it will still dent in the surrounding area when clamping it down, unless you dont do it so tight!

DamnyR's doesn't dent/crease and he's passed me at some pretty fast speeds and his bonnet was locked down tight, no movement at all.

172/1.2/E30
216.7 bhp is really impressive. Must be a healthy engine! What extension pipes and trumpets are you running (length)?