ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My wheel dilemma!

The Beast MK4
Alrighty then, I had the 172 wheels on until the other night when a puncture forced a change. Ive currently got my Team Dynamics 1.2's on and personally I think it looks mint so I phoned the insurance company and they asked for an extra.....

£110!!!!!!!!!!!!! The wheels are worth just under £300 FFS

Heres the pics for you to decide what option you would take......

1. Pay the robbing barstewards and keep the Team Dynamics on.
2. Put the 172s back on and use the puncture as an excuse to get new Exaltos.
3. As above with a powdercoating session in either Black or Anthracite.

Could someone photoshop the 172 wheels in anthracite and matt black please! :D

100_1057.jpg

100_1061.jpg

100_1054.jpg

100_1056.jpg

And the standard pics.

100_1029.jpg

100_1010.jpg

Cast your vote!

The Beast MK4
Should have said "emailed" them. They just sent one back after a wee while stating the pish amount and that if I wanted to go ahead then id have to email again or phone them up.

standards all the way home, those pro race dont look as nice as i expected!

oh, and surely if you change the colour of the wheels this is a cosmetic modification so you still need to tell the insurance?

oh, and keep them silver!

Standard silver from me for what's it's worth. Not to keen on the wheels and not sure the black goes with the car colour either.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
i would change the colour of the 172's, not too sure on black with the monaco blue...

The Beast MK4
Decision made, 172 wheels back on as soon as my new tyres appear.

May sell the 15's to raise some cash or put them back on the 1.2 to help the sale.

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
No danger, the black ones really don't look good... keep the standards!

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
..late to the party but..

I think the black looks pretty good, but those look way to small!

Congrats on the 172, I remember you saying at FCS you wanted one and that you liked monaco blue!

BMW 330D
Standard 172 wheels refurbed in either anthracite or black.
£110 to put the others on is a ridiculous amount of money imo!

The Beast MK4
Thanks for the opinions folks and cheers for that PS attempt whiteley.

2 Exaltos have been ordered and the 172 wheels will go back on when its possible to do so. The old powdercoating is tempting me though. Will see what those pricks at Admiral say to that when the time comes. Want to keep everything "legit".