ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Naples MK1 Track car project

Mk1 F4R
yes prob but im now concidering going for naples red with white lettering as i think that the white will just look overpowering. Juat went and got some of that fasmask too but it wasnt called that and cost me £5.50 think that might have to go back too if i dont use it

TrackCar & F30 330d
Hmmm the white plenum would look good with the red writing but then it would look cool the other wai around.

IMO keep the big bits Naples Red and the little accessorys white.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Just go over the writing with a sander. Silver/chrone lettering and no more pissing about!

Engine bay looks good btw. :D

Mk1 F4R
Got abit more done engine wise lastnight

Got a peice of card and numbered it 1-16, then got cracking on taking the valves out, never done this before but once told how to do it i was away

first 8 out with no problems

IMG_1882.jpg

The tool in use

IMG_1885.jpg

IMG_1891.jpg

IMG_1893.jpg

IMG_1900.jpg

Took me about 2hrs to get all of them out, the trickiest bit is getting the collets from off the valve stem had to use a magnetic screwdriver and then try and not let it fall inside the cylinder head

IMG_1884.jpg

Full set

IMG_1905.jpg

this is wot i did to the springs and collets

IMG_1909.jpg

the old valve stem seals

IMG_1910.jpg

Mk1 F4R
Picked up a few items fron renault

header tank, Release baring, Inket gasket

IMG_1915.jpg

Also picket a few parts up from Volvo for the soft pedal conversion

Fork, Bracket, Nylon Cap, Brass Bush, Flange Lock Nut, Flange Bolt all comes to just under £30

IMG_1912.jpg

wilky19

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon FR 184
this is looking really good mate

how much was the header tank and the gasket if you don't mind me asking

Header Tank (Comes with Cap) - 7701 470 460 - £28.25 + VAT
Throttle Body Gasket - [Cant Remember Part Number] - £2.00 + VAT

Normal prices...if you're looking to order a few things PM BRUN on here, he will sort you out (Works @ Renault Parts).

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I just fitted the normal 16v clutch cable onto the normal 172 clutch and its as light as a feather! Seriously impressed!!

(Good work btw! :D)

Mk1 F4R
cheers guys

Making good progress... Did those engine mounts turn up ok?!

No not yet mate, got home from work yesterday to find that the postman had been and left a note but no one was in, im off work today so ill go and pick wotever they are up (plz be my items)

Mk1 F4R
Header Tank (Comes with Cap) - R77 01 470 460 - £28.25 + VAT
Throttle Body Gasket - R77 00 866 483 - £2.00 + VAT
Clutch bearing - R77 00 102 781 - £15.23 + VAT

Ive changed them to the right codes. Total price inc VAT came too £50.60

I just fitted the normal 16v clutch cable onto the normal 172 clutch and its as light as a feather! Seriously impressed!!

(Good work btw! :D)

You running 172 box? If so you'l already have those 'volvo' brackets on I would imagine, although they will be the Renault version that come on the 172's...

Im running the std valver clutch cable too, nice and light!

clio 1.8 16v, civic vti
im running a 172 clutch and flywheel on my f7r with the standard box and cable, and its a really nicely weighted pedal, i wouldnt dream of changing it:D

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Read this from start to finish last night and I was late to bed, I'm now late to work and being doc'd an hours wages, I'd like to blame this on you but I also though I'd say good work, engine bay looks wicked and love the naples/White theme.

ValverInBits
Good work. Real project threads are a little thin on the ground at the mo.

Those stem seals - did you damage them on removal? Some of em look fooked! Worthwhile job though. Well done for taking the time.

Mk1 F4R
Good work. Real project threads are a little thin on the ground at the mo.

Those stem seals - did you damage them on removal? Some of em look fooked! Worthwhile job though. Well done for taking the time.

Real project thread. Awesome thanks, never thought id hear that one

I had to take my time i was bloody clueless as wot to do at first lol

yes damaged some on removal
At firt i was using long nose pliers to get them out and as you can see from the pic the rubber jusk kept snapping (the first few on the right of the pic). I then found a better way of getting them out, little screw driver... carefully put it under the rubber and you will feel the metal on the stem seal then carefully pull up and it should come out in one piece

Last edited:
  Mk1 F4R
Another update

collected these from the post office before

Big thanks to gray for the 172 engine mount + gear box one too

IMG_1977.jpg

also thanks to arj156 off cw. Batter cut off switch with 2 pull cables will look good when it's in and also serve a purpose

IMG_1975.jpg

IMG_1976.jpg

Mk1 F4R
Took the head to be skimmed at Roant engineering lastnight (Warrington), took the head in and the guy said, we are quite busy so itll be a few days, i said no probs not in any rush for it left at 16.45. Decided to got to my my mates in warrington and at 17.30 i get a call from a 01925 number and i was thinking who could this be, turns out it was roant would you like to pick the head up tonight as its just been done, turned up at 17.50 and it was looking good.

IMG_1916.jpg

IMG_1918.jpg

IMG_1919.jpg

Cost was £25 it was also washed to get rid of all the swarf in unwanted places

Mk1 F4R
Big thanks to willy lover for coming down to bring me some stuff

Clutch

IMG_1979.jpg

Engine pipes

IMG_1980.jpg

172 Starter motor + Heat shield

IMG_1982.jpg

172 Clocks + ECU
IMG_1981.jpg

172 Rad

IMG_1983.jpg

172 fan

IMG_1984.jpg

Last but not least 172 engine loom (now ive got to cut it up to fit bring on the good times lol :S)

IMG_1985.jpg

There is going to be alot more posts over the next few days as ive done loads lastnight and today and now officially skint till next week lol.
Loads of new items bought
Update later

JDM Dc2
engine pipes LOL, hoses*

and thought you were having jords ECU and loom? wouldve thougt that wouldve been 100x more straight forward...

Mk1 F4R
engine pipes LOL, hoses*

and thought you were having jords ECU and loom? wouldve thougt that wouldve been 100x more straight forward...

I know i said id buy it but its not off his car yet and other stuff etc. it will be good to learn from by doing it myself

Getting there mate :)

u got any of the bolts for the rocker cover and any others i may need as they didnt come with the head lol
Spent loads today, then looked in my bank not happy :dead:

Mk1 F4R
Last night took the head down to the factory to get some work done on it (laped the valves in) so its ready to put the valves back in

first two done, you can see that the one on the left has been done should go a gray colour when done and that is now a perfect match to the valve

IMG_1989.jpg

If there is a gray ring around the seat of the valve and its in the middle of the valve seat, you've got a good seal. The one on the right has been done, not a very good pic and it's a exhaust valve too so its covered in carbon

IMG_2017.jpg

First 4 done and looking good

IMG_2001.jpg

The grinding stick was used by rubbing my hands backwards and then forwards to grind the past that was put on

IMG_2013.jpg

Someone thought it would be funny to put turkish delight down two of the valves, not funny after id spent all that time lapping, then someone shouts out valvedelight, great thanks jord

IMG_2035.jpg

All 16 done and now ready for a wash to get rid of any unwanted grinding past and swarf from when it was skimmed

IMG_2040.jpg

This is how we washed it ill let the pics do the talking, came out amazing i was well shocked when it came out

IMG_2047.jpg

IMG_2048.jpg

IMG_2049.jpg

IMG_2051.jpg

IMG_2055.jpg

IMG_2056.jpg

All thanks to finish (the diamond standard) and to jord for letting me use his dishwasher

IMG_2059.jpg

BG 182 FF
great work, looks very clean thanks to that powerball.
Will be awesome when it all comes together

340i
LOL, awesome dishwasher work!

If I even brought an engine component in the house my Mum would go mental hahaha!!!!!

Mk1 F4R
LOL, awesome dishwasher work!

If I even brought an engine component in the house my Mum would go mental hahaha!!!!!

Thats why you have to do it when ther are out lol ;)

I feel sorry for them mugs :(

Yep we forgot about those

surely the salt and the dishwasher tablet wont do the ali much good
will it ??

Will be giving it a final wash just to m ake sure nothing is still on it

Well you do waffle on mate ;)

Only messing... Na the reason I was late to bed is because I just stumpled upon it when I was about to close cs and sleep.

Good work though mate, keep it up.

words + pics = help if its needed and you dont know how to do something, i know i talk crap sometimes but im still learning myself

Cheers for comments guys