ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Need new speakers for my 172 RCS!

2002 172 RCS
Hey guys.

New to the forum and my first thread, awesome site guys!

Anywho I live in Australia and just bought my 02 Renault Clio Sport 172.

Im upgrading the front and rear speakers in it - understand they are 5inchers.

I have a budget of $200 Australian and are buying from this website:

http://www.ryda.com.au/Ryda-Car-Audio-5-Car-Speaker-Store-s/77.htm

Running a stock headunit, which i might replace later.

Basically want most powerful speakers suited to heavy metal and hip hop.

Thanks in advance...

Hethro :)

Ph1 172 + Combo van
Welcome, By upgrading the speakers you will probally not notice a difference. The speakers can only produce sound from what is put into them so if you want louder and better sound quality, you will need to get a better headunit or an external amplifier.:)

Mate, id go for these JBL's http://www.ryda.com.au/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=GTO527&Show=TechSpecs i say JBL as im running a JBL system and am really impressed with there quality, plus they run with a 2ohm impedance instead of the standard 4 ohm, which will really be a treasure if you decide to amp them or get a stronger head unit

Welcome, By upgrading the speakers you will probally not notice a difference. The speakers can only produce sound from what is put into them so if you want louder and better sound quality, you will need to get a better headunit or an external amplifier.:)

However Alex is correct, your sound wont improve much unless you invest in amping your speakers or purchasing a better headunit, speakers are merely reproducers of what they fed, rubbish in = rubbish out. So my advice would be to invest in a decent headunit, while still keeping the original speakers, and then youll see an improvement. you can always buy better speakers later, but atleast you will have set up your sound systems foundation by giving the speakers something powerful to run off of, happy hunting;)

2002 172 RCS
Hey guys thanks for your reply!

Is the standard headunit easy to take out?

I have a Pioneer headunit which runs at 50wx4....

With that headunit in as well as the JBL speakers work well?

Cheers

Hethro :)

2002 172 RCS
Hi guys,

Quick update I realised if i put my pioneer headunit in i wont be able to use the stalk controls for audio and i cant be arsed buying an adaptor for it.

Sooooo It leads me to amping it.

Would i need a two channel amp or a four channel amp?

And can i amp the original headunit or not?

Cheers

Hethro :cool:

nothing at the moment
you'll need an amp which takes high level inputs (takes the wires from the head unit straight in) or a line out converter which converts the wires from the standard head unit into RCA which all amps use.

2 channel amp for front splits, 4 channel if you want to amp the rears or amp a sub