ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

need your expertise ;]

1.2 clio phase 2
im getting an 04 1.2 blue clio with something like 30.000 miles on the clock and i want to go mental with it.

BUT

im abit of a novice and have'nt really, well, got a clue to be honest :D
so wondered if any of you had some proper off the rails sort of ideas

im thinking sort of coilovers and side exit exhaust and big boot build and stuff.
money and time would allow for a show car.

any pics would be wicked
tar in advanace

172 ph2
seems a bit mad to look at spending alora money on a 1.2..but if thats wot u wana do go 4 it.. put a bigger engine in 1st, no point in having a car that looks fast but is slower than my grans chair lift ;)

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
Don't put a bigger engine in it, just buy a 172, will be cheaper, then mod that,

If your not worried about speed, then by all means, do it. Rolling on 24's?

1.2 clio phase 2
im going for the good old... All show, no go. and it's a 1.4. sorry my mistake :)
want something realllly mental but not chavvy or tacky. no ridiclously SHITE bodykits

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
need to find out how old rich is before you start saying "yea buy a 172 first" might only be 17 alex C can bearly get insured on a 1.2 never mind a 172, and the insurance would still be cheaper on a modded 1.2 than a 172 standard

DCi 100
need to find out how old rich is before you start saying "yea buy a 172 first" might only be 17 alex C can bearly get insured on a 1.2 never mind a 172, and the insurance would still be cheaper on a modded 1.2 than a 172 standard

:rolleyes: Ringing more insurance companies in minutes time or so.

Just have a look through various topics like the best clio on CS ones, and you'll see what other people like, or what you might like in there. Even if it's not that fast doesn't mean it doesn't have to look good.

1.2 clio phase 2
im 19 in like a month but insurance aint really that much of a problem. just dont like fast cars that much, dont shoot me, but im a motorcyclist (or poweranger as my mates often dub as :|) prefer faster bieks than cars. but want something head turning for the journey to work.
all show no go - car.
if i want to go fast i bust the two wheels out :)

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Just my pointless ramblings .. but who are you trying to impress with a fibreglass covered car full of speakers ?

There are a few modified cars in my village .. one guy keeps his simple. First one was a Lupo GTi, and now he drives a silver Swift sport thing .. both were always clean, had a set of nice wheels, lowered, slightly noisy (not raspy/chavvy) exhaust .. these impressed me and turned my head way more than the raspy lexus-lighted corsa/saxo/clios racing up the hill flat out in 2nd gear, moving slower than a glacier in summer time, with some awful rubbish music blaring out.

I have never seen the point of a car which is all show and no go... Like that Saxo with 20's on here the other day. The guy had spent something like 30 THOUSAND pounds on it! My mum's 1.4 micra is faster, and probably actually worth more than that thing. If it floats your boat, crack on .. but how can anyone spend that amount of money on a saxo ?

Friend of mine used to own a pink 1.1 saxo and I never understood why he didn't get something fun / hetrosexual until I went out pillion on his ZZR-600 one afternoon :D

Personally I'd just get a boring car to waft to work or Tescos in, and spend sunny afternoons being a power ranger ;) .. but do what makes you happy as life's too short to worry about the simple things :cool:

/Giraffe

1.2 clio phase 2
to be honest mate i appreacate yourt opinion but im going for more this..
http://i683.photobucket.com/albums/vv196/richard_bransby/daleaudijpg2.jpg
daleaudi3.jpg

daleaudi.jpg

daleaudijpg2.jpg

more than this..
cliokelly.jpg

and im not doing ANYTHING chavvy. and if you search on facebook for a " WE HATE LEXUS LIGHTS" group. youll see im the one who made it :)

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
If he can afford to make a car look like that, why couldn't he insure a sport?

Do you have a fair bit of money to spend, coz if that is what you are aiming for you are gonna be spending serious dosh, that could be spent on a real car . . .

Cooksport Fleet
U wanna go radical. See how light u can get it, get some AST made for it.

Get some Yokohamma A048's on it with some 2118's (i think thats what they are called).

2 Light weight bucket seats.

And see how fast u can corner in it!!! Then when ur older...drop a turbo'd 182 lump in it.

ali-ham

ClioSport Club Member
  williams + 182's
i think go for it!, everybody should have a car they like and enjoy! if it looks good why do you need to go fast, how can anybody have time to stare at it when you doin the ton!!!
I had a blue 1.2 clio which had full kit, no back seats full of ice and 18's. spent a sh*t load of money on it but i did get it in fast car twice, pgti and a couple of other mags over ere in NI. i dont regret it at all. Had so much fun working on it for three years, yes three years. But well worth it.