ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Negative camber on standard parts...?!?

172DD Cup
the camber is -1.5 degrees on both sides. it does have solid top mounts but these are non-adjustable and hold the strut in the middle of the mount. the joints are relatively new, as are wishbone bushes. only other thing i could think of was the struts doing something funny. it's not lowered.

any suggestions? plus how do non-cup shocks differ from cup shocks?

172DD Cup
toe is pretty much spot on, danny @ 519 set it on the weekend. i did mention afterwards that the camber looked a little better after adjusting the toe, but i don't remember if we checked it again!

iceberg 172
either the toe out or its got the wrong wishbones or bottom balljoints on!

are you on standard wheels?

ITB'd MK1
i checked toe and camber before making any adjustments. it was toeing in 1.5 degrees and just a little less than 2 degrees of camber. Set it to straight ahead and there was little or no change to the camber.

I think they're non cup shocks personaly, and they're a slightly different angle at the mounting point

Last edited:
  iceberg 172
maybe yeah! can u not get the part number off them? would it not be easier to use a set of camber bolts?

172DD Cup
i'll get the part numbers off them and compare

edit: i've got my old cup shocks in the shed so can always swap them back over if that's the problem

iceberg 172
i wud keep the cup shocks as they are much firmer on the road, camber bolts much easier job that swapping shocks