ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New 182 from Renault: What’s included

S1 Elise 111S

My 182 has arrived at the dealer today, gonna pick it up on Friday once ive given Renault my insurance certificate to get the tax.

I have been keeping a list of things to look out for based on what others on here had said (see links). http://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=2&TopicID=85057&PagePosition=1U color=#606420http://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=2&TopicID=85057&PagePosition=1/U

When i went to have a quick look at it lunchtime (couldnt resist, after all its been about 7 weeks) i noticed that it didnt have mats, when i mentioned this, the sales guy said "they dont come with mats", this is of course contrary to what others have said (see link below)

http://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=2&TopicID=84377&SearchPagePosition=1&search=182&searchMode=allwords&searchIn=Topic&forum=2&searchSort=dateDESC&ReturnPage=SearchU color=#606420http://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=2&TopicID=84377&SearchPagePosition=1&search=182&searchMode=allwords&searchIn=Topic&forum=2&searchSort=dateDESC&ReturnPage=Search/U
http://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=2&TopicID=85057&PagePosition=1U color=#606420/U
Is there anyway i can find out exactly what im supposed to be getting? (ie something to show to the dealer to say "it says here i should be getting ...")
Just incase he tries to bullsh*t me.

(Noticed the front splitter in the backseat :D so at least i dont have to wait for that!)

He started it and gave it a small blip of the throttle and i nearly came in my pants!

Burgandy 174 sport t

dont start me bout the mats mate!! I had the same although the car was not brand new(long story), the mats cost like 130 quid or summit daft I believe. dont take the car or get somthing in writting before you leave, I will never jus believe what a dealer says to me again.

NickM5c

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M5c, Audi A2 FSI

You should get a little luggage net thing, the mats, two cans of tyre weld and some locking wheel nuts.

S1 Elise 111S

ooo thanks, think i might print that out and show him if he gives me any hassle.

If they are supposed to be included then I dont really wanna be paying 130 squid (sorry to hear that the Iain) just because some sales guy tries to fob me off.

NickM5c

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M5c, Audi A2 FSI

Make sure you get them. You should not take the car without them.

Laguna

Good luck mate, stand ur ground dont budge and you should be fine. I had a problem when I got my car from motorpoint and it didnt have the Renault Alarm. Nightmare in the end got a good deal on a Clifford fitted.

My post (1st link) should include most of the things that should arrive with the car in the first instance.

Another thing Id also suggest is that you have a look at the "Non Warranty Issues" mentioned within the AA pack. As it stands, you are not covered for tyre punctures, keys left in the car etc.

However, for extra £50 you will be covered for the 3 years.

I would seriously suggest other 182 owners to top up in case of emergencies instead of finding out later you have to pay lots for a call out.

Oh and enjoy the car, just reached 300 miles in mine so plenty more to go before the beast is unleashed...

S1 Elise 111S

Cheers guys, just wanted to be sure that they were definitely included. Find it easier argueing if i know im right :D

Cant be any more rattley than my valver, just keep the stereo blastin thats what i say.

On the subject of luggage nets, does any one know how to fit it? There arent any instructions in the user manual. Ive found some loops in the boot but not sure how to use them. Maybe Im a bit thick!

Lee

BMW M2C

There are two metal loops at the back of the boot and two near the rear seats, they just lift up and net clips in place.

Cheers mate, I thought as much. With the sensational cornering capabilities of the 182 (with cup mod- obviously) the luggage net will be quite a useful a feature. Nick

Nick.

You shall find the four loops in the boot, with the 2 behind the rear bumper spaced much further apart than the opposite ones (behind the rear seats).

With SOME force, you should be able to really hook the net to all four of them, so that it ends up in a trapezium kind shape (kind of hard to explain, but it feels weird and impossible to do at first, fearing that I might break the net!)

But I have managed it, and if I can, anyone can!

[Edited by 182ed on 18 May 2004 at 5:15pm]

I am due to collect a new pre-reg cup next week, Ive been trying to find an "official" renault list of what kit I should be getting but obviously the cup is no longer on their website as its not a "new" car anymore.

Anyone got any ideas where I could find this information?

Ford Fiesta

Fiercebanana what dealer is saying they dont come with mats? they will be in boot wont they ready to mount into carpet so they dont move around....

S1 Elise 111S

Renault in Reading Liam, im sure the sales guy didnt know what he was talking about though. Ill double check with him when i give them the insurance cert (armed with a printout of the renaultsport page).

Friday here we come, did sound sweet though! not as loud as the magnex that ive got on my valver, but popped quite nicely.