ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New 197 Price Opinion

182>FRS>VX220 now 350Z
Hey guys,

A friend of mine is looking to buy a white 197 with cup packs, recaro's, black speedlines and tinted windows. Price he has been quoted is £15,500 and an attractive finance deal of 3.24% apparently!? He also has a trade in: 2002 1.6 Clio Dynamique, blue, 69,000 miles, bummed door and due a service- dealer offered £1800.

Is this a good deal?! I've been away from the clio seen for a while but sounds alright to me...I just want him to get it so I can have a go!! haha.

Cheers!

Get him to sell the clio he has privately as he'll get more for it than the dealer is offering.
I doubt the finance rate is 3.24 % tbh (I could be wrong though) If it were me & I was looking to buy on finance, i'd forget about dealer finance & sort it out myself, by a bank loan etc.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
3.24 % flat is very good from a dealer tho Dafthead.

But yes, a very old trick... (i've never done it! HONESTLY!)

182>FRS>VX220 now 350Z
ahhhhhh! cheers for the heads up guys! New to me, not so up on dealer finance! Dan ;) lol

Hey cat, ta for that...Thing is the clio he wants to px needs a new door and 72k service so thats probably 500+ I'd guess.

So what should he be paying then?! I told him 14.5k lol, but then I like to bargain hard when buying my cars. (except when buying from Dan!)

182>FRS>VX220 now 350Z
hmmm I think 14k with all those options (seats/paint/wheels/tints) would be unrealistic?

porsche 944 - 80's ftw!
Hey guys,

A friend of mine is looking to buy a white 197 with cup packs, recaro's, black speedlines and tinted windows. Price he has been quoted is £15,500 and an attractive finance deal of 3.24% apparently!? He also has a trade in: 2002 1.6 Clio Dynamique, blue, 69,000 miles, bummed door and due a service- dealer offered £1800.

Is this a good deal?! I've been away from the clio seen for a while but sounds alright to me...I just want him to get it so I can have a go!! haha.

Cheers!

Thats a really bad deal.

Ive been quoted just under 3.5k + my civic (which my local dealer offered me 10k in px) for a 197 cup in white with recaro's.

Look elsewhere imo.

BMW M3
Dealer finance will usually beat bank/internet loan deals as its secured on the car.

3.24% flat is a super rate. You will be lucky to find anything under 6.5% at the moment for figures below £15k.

Mini Cooper S sport
oooh a dealer tried the 3.4% trick on me today! I didn't want HPI anyway but that's sneaky.

You can get loans for 6.7% APR at the moment, that's not bad.

Is this offer with Trade in Fletcher?

I know the poster formally known as superfastdan explained how dealers work the figures so it looks like you're getting a better deal.

182>FRS>VX220 now 350Z
Think my mate is going to arrange the money and go in hard with a cash offer...no px- should hopefuly get a better and more straightforward deal.

Aim for £14k then?

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.
Truthfully get yourself over to www.renaultsport.co.uk and I'll bet you you'll get what you want for under 13.5k

Many dealers on there, johnny182, alex.levington, marc elgar.

You won't be disapointed.

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
Hey guys,

Cheers!

Thats a really bad deal.

Ive been quoted just under 3.5k + my civic (which my local dealer offered me 10k in px) for a 197 cup in white with recaro's.

Look elsewhere imo.

Yea but that was a cup, he's lookking at FF, with to be fair over a grands worth of options.

hmmm I think 14k with all those options (seats/paint/wheels/tints) would be unrealistic?

aren't all bar the tints standard on the 197 cup?
one on the classified ads on ebay for £12995!!

None of it is standard on the Cup - although the paint is slightly cheaper.

were abouts in beds are you mate
seems a bit steap for a cup as i paid that for my ff197 in nov 06

It's FF with Cup Packs and other options he's looking at.

Dan

Mark 1 Clio V6
Looks not bad considering it's a main dealer, list price of the 197 with all quoted options is £17,770, so it's £2270 off.

I would think it's quite a good deal from a dealer. Is it a local dealer to him? If so, I'd say go for it!

RB 197 + Cup Pack
I just paid 13k + options for mine, from a dealer on the RenaultSport forum...so i'd say he'd get one for £14.5k ish?

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
youll get a white cup with a.c + recaros + wheels for £12,500 if you do your homework enough, that is a good price.

Lee

BMW M2C
youll get a white cup with a.c + recaros + wheels for £12,500 if you do your homework enough, that is a good price.

I've yet to actually find anyone who's paid that though. Most cars around that price certainly don't have recaros and aircon. The best price I've seen people actually pay is a little less than that for a car with no options at all.

Even I've paid a little more than £12,500 with white, recaros and aircon!!

I spoke to Jeremy about what I've paid for mine and even he thought it was virtually unbeatable, and if it was it was going to be by buttons. Even the dealer isn't happy keeping it in storage until March, as the £5 a day storage fee is eating up any profit that was left in the car!!

Having spoken to most of the usual suspects on Renaultsport and here I don't think that price is achievable for that spec. That car must have been a one off, maybe pre reg or just an example price on the screen of how much a standard car would be.

Last edited:
  e60 M5 -172- dciheid
whites my favourite at moment! what option choices are there on cups?

• Curtain Airbags £200
• Manual Air Conditioning £525
• Renaultsport Recaro Seats £850
• Nimbus (Metallic Paint) £360
• Renault i.d. Glacier White (Non Metallic Paint) £150
• 17" Speedline Alloy Wheels Satin Black £175

for £12500 you get one with white paint, black wheels, recaros and a/c.

tasty.

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
time for people to stop paying over the odds for stuff.

heard of a few noobs paying £14k for cups with the same spec.

wheres the NOOB smiley?

:D

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Do you reckon in 6 months they will be nearer the £11k mark?

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
judging by the R27 and 197 prices i reckon a few demo's will hit 11k if they have guff spec. probably just air con.

bear in mind there was a 175dci demo 6k on clock, no options, 13k. It was list £19500 or so.