ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New brakes needed all round

GW200
Recently had my car mot'd. Got a cautionary notice for my rear brakes, said they were 90% worn and fronts 50%. So I just wondered roughly what I'm gonna need to spend to get the brakes and pads changed? I'm such a novice that I wouldnt attempt to do them myself. If anyone could recommend any better ones than the standards, that'd be great too. Would I need to change anything else, other than discs and pads?

GW200
Got a quote from Renault for standards discs and pads + fitting : £730! Are they for real?

rear OE discs and bearings are around £150.
Brembo front discs are around £50.
OE pads are around £45 a set...
£15 for a decent brake fluid.

so renault are quoting far too much, even if that includes labour. No more than an hour to fit them if you have a ramp!

Lots of Alfas
The car takes 3.1 litres of brake fluid but you will need a bit more to flush trhough the system, while its drained its worth sticking some braided lines in too. Did Renault carry out your MOT? Id be very suprised if the rears were actually 90% worn.

GW200
Yeah, they did the mot, had it serviced at the same time. Rang for a quote for a 36k service, they told me £220, so i asked for a quote reference number. When i took the car in, they tried to charge me £360. When they rang to say it had been serviced and mot'd, they said it had failed, due to a main beam light being out(Checked them that morning and they were fine) and the numberplate didnt have the postcode of the garage i'd bought it from(Is that true??) I then pointed out that the numberplates were the garage plates that were on it, when i bought it from them less than a year ago. They then kindly offered to change the plates and the bulb free of charge.
They also said that the "Exhaust centre baffels loose, Back box outer skin deteriorated, amd 2 rear exhaust rubbers split", and that I could have it fixed for £800