ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Build - Thoughts

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
well its all here, doesn't look much for approx £1100!

53.jpg

The EK CPU Waterblock looks fantastic.

Tesla MP3 2021
Looking good mate. Yeah I was the same when my stuff arrived, though I spent over 3k so had a few more boxes lol

Get some close ups :)

Monaro VXR
Reckon you need the airflow pro as a finishing touch for that memory with the fan on it anyway.

Basically just lights that show you how much memory is in use and how hot it is running etc.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Reckon you need the airflow pro as a finishing touch for that memory with the fan on it anyway.

Basically just lights that show you how much memory is in use and how hot it is running etc.

I've seen a video of that, don't know if they are available in the UK?

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Looking good mate. Yeah I was the same when my stuff arrived, though I spent over 3k so had a few more boxes lol

Get some close ups :)

The bill at the moment once the GPU is bought is a shade under 3K. That's without plans for a second GPU and 12GB, possibly another SSD as well.

Just water tested for the first time and no leaks whatsoever (yet anyway) so pretty pleased, the EK CPU Block is REALLY, REALLY nice.

I'll try and get some pics tomorrow as it's never good to take pics in anything other than daylight.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I didn't but I'm not using barbs in my system, don't like them. Thanks for the tip on the fans, will do, everything else in the system so far is virtually silent.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Aww I'm jealous, I never have any money to do builds anymore :(

Looks ace though matey!

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
how things are looking at the moment:

54.jpg

(I sorted out the Bitspower temperature monitor and XSPC LCD readout as well) but the tube going from the CPU > Radiator is too short and I can't currently fit the Corsair memory fans or LED readout, small pain in the ass, but nothing that can't wait to go in with the GPU.

Tesla MP3 2021
Wow, that case is huge, its hard to appreciate how big it is until you put a motherboard init.

Bit of a shame that you have to re-do some of the tubing, really its best to "dry" fit everything first before you even consider filling the loop. Don’t forget you need to get all your cables in i.e the 24pin m/board cable which is very close to your res so you might find you need to take that out to get the cable neat, and how you want it.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Cheers guys, cabling shouldn't be a problem. Cable routing / neatness & space are some of the many reasons I bought this case.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Made some progress today, all booted up and a quick install of windows done. It's still going to be some time before this is completely finished, but atleast everything checks out for now. The 8-PIN power connections from the PSU to the top of the motherboard were VERY, VERY tight!

Last edited:
  Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Tbh I can see this being a bit of a money pit for me next year, more SSD, another 6GB, 2nd GPU, motherboard waterblocks etc etc

I think I definitely did the right thing going watercooled, its awesome.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
the only other pic I've got is this crappy iPhone one but it's not that much further along in this one, it just shows the temperature readout and the PSU installed.

photo.jpg

Tesla MP3 2021
Looks very nice mate. Would be good to see how you have done the cables and that etc

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
lol yeah, 20.7c (although obviously nothing is running there).

The cabling at the moment is in a right state as I just ended up throwing most of it together today in a rush to quickly test it (with exception to the motherboard power) before leaving for work.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Well the initial build is done, got a few niggles here and there to sort out and do (lighting, couple of cables to sleeve etc) but it's up and running well. Next stage will be to put the watecooled GPU in when I can get my hands on one (it's just got a 5770 in at the moment) and then install the memory fans and LED readout, maybe another 6GB memory as well. After that will come a second GPU and maybe a second SSD.

I need to take some better pics but for now there are these:

50-1.jpg

51-1.jpg

I'd say the CPU waterblock is my favourite component, awesome, although the motherboard is stunning as well.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Some more pics, still got some sleeving to do (I need to place an order for more though):

IMG_4844Custom.jpg

IMG_4846Custom.jpg

IMG_4851Custom.jpg

IMG_4847Custom.jpg

IMG_4852Custom.jpg

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
looks amazing, really nice and tidy job you've done!

Im going to do something like this next year with a new Sandy Bridge cpu and try and reach the magic 5ghz.

if you dont mind me asking, what sort of price did the watercooling system come in at?

Carl

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
looks amazing, really nice and tidy job you've done!

Im going to do something like this next year with a new Sandy Bridge cpu and try and reach the magic 5ghz.

if you dont mind me asking, what sort of price did the watercooling system come in at?

Carl

Approx £500 but I paid a premium for the pump, tubing and reservoir as I had to source them from the USA and pay the corresponding delivery/taxes (which were £70 odd!)

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Water temp maxes out around 23/24c. I haven't really tested the CPU as its just standard at the moment but I think idle around 30c, load around 40c