ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New disc's 182 Brembo?

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
Im after some new disc's for the front. Was thinking of Brembo HC or Brembo Max. I can get Max for about £85 for the pair but i've herd HC would be better for what i need (just road use)

Has anyone got any views on what would be best (inc. other makes), i know standard will come up but they're not far off the price of Brembos and also any decent places to but them. Budget of about £80 - £90

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
yeah thats what i thought, i'd preffer the HC's. Anyone know somewhere besides GDI for these as they charge about £15 for delivery, other places are about £6 or £7 delivery but dont have HC's

172 FF
I'm not a fan of the Brembo's tbh. I had these grooved ones on my fiesta turbo & now on my 172 & they don't seem to be any better than the standard discs in both cases. Also they a noiser than standard discs. I've tried EBC red stuff & the standard Renault Ferrodo pads. The ferrodo aren't as noisy as the Red stuff but still noiser than with standard discs.

clio 182 cup
i got brembos for my 182 and they are quailty and notice a real difference.
Paid £55 for the pair from GFS motorparts, the bloke in there said they were highly recommended and unless you do track racing all the time there is no point going for the max's

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
I have the HC's & DS2500's, awesome on road & never had any trouble on track either.

To say the standard setup is as good.................no way!

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
i got brembos for my 182 and they are quailty and notice a real difference.
Paid £55 for the pair from GFS motorparts, the bloke in there said they were highly recommended and unless you do track racing all the time there is no point going for the max's

a few ppl have said they have found them from GSF but i carnt find them on the website - only the MAX ones :dapprove:

172 Race Car
Go to your nearest GSF and they should have them on the shelf.

As said Brembo Hc discs should be everyones standard choice due to the fact that they are cheeper and better than Reno ones. Max are quite a bit more for not alot of gain, no point for road use.

Pads are more a matter of choice depending on what you want to pay/use the car for. You said just road use so some decent quality pads would be fine. GSF also stock green stuff for around £50 iirc or get the highly rated DS2500 if you can streach to them.

All imo of course

106 GTi
Got new Brembo Discs all round, DS2500 front pads and some decent fluid going on/in the 106 in the morning - hoping it improves things !