ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new exhaust mk1 172

my mk1 172 needs new exhaust from cat back,hole in the centre section (losing power) and the stupid 4k rattle is getting worse,

i may as well get a decent one as the standard renault ones costs as much,i dont want it to be loud/droning as i do loads of motorway miles.a nice burble and note when accelerating etc is good.

i was looking at magnex,or k-tec (although heard there v.loud),best place to buy from?members discount.

thanks.

Might as well get a decat on it at the same time. I think most places can sort of tune the sound of an exhaust system. If I get one I want it to be no louder than standard below 5000 revs and then scream abvove 5k!

A month ago I bought a Devil de-cat, silenced and unsilenced centre sections and an unsilenced unhomolgated back-box (as I was really indecisive and the shop said they were about to stop selling Devil systems). Anyway, Ive tried all sorts of permutations of standard parts and Devil parts and I reckon the best combination is Devil de-cat, Devil silenced centre section and standard back-box: This seems to give a slightly more purposeful tick-over, not-much-louder than normal cruising and a snarly acceleration (thanks to the de-cat)... oh yeah, and a sh*t load more power and responsiveness. Putting the Devil back-box on makes quite a performance difference (the standard item has a really bad restriction going into the box itself) but also makes me attract far too much attention for my liking!

Hope thats of some help.

Matt