ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new fiat 500 abarth

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
yup

wp4.jpg

wp5.jpg

Works look great on it!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
works look great but wanna slap the person who thought it was a good idea lol!

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
bought this from demon tweeks today, front lower strut brace as i hear the front upper doesnt really do much and the lower is much more functional....cost me about 40 quid but not had chance to fit it yet, will hopefully sort out the understeer and blank turn in the car seems to suffer from.

222421_10150563224135293_582855292_18198606_45202_n.jpg

will fit it tuesday along with the TMC tuning box

lynden

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
some robbing b*****d thought it would be a good idea to smash my window and take everything out of my glovebox today whilst i was at work

228234_10150564775910293_582855292_18214328_3002342_n.jpg

so to cheer me up seb came round and we fitted my front lower strut

223587_10150564957265293_582855292_18217257_4409613_n.jpg

after driving it a little bit the turn in feels alot sharper and less boat like and it seems to understeer abit less......good mod for just shy of 40 quid :)

thanks
lynden

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
That's a shitter theiving scum. Not many people do the lower braces maybe the upper will compliment it even more?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Lower braces trump upper braces imo. Totally changed the feel of my last puma.

Didn't need one on the FRP.

Very s**t about that window mate, who does that s**t! Is it parked secluded?

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
Lower braces trump upper braces imo. Totally changed the feel of my last puma.

Didn't need one on the FRP.

Very s**t about that window mate, who does that s**t! Is it parked secluded?

Yeh it just feels a lot more planted and less boaty and feels a lot more responsive on turn in, mapping box goes on tuesday along with cold air induction kit, other cars that are running the induction and mapping box are making 188-190bhp because the standard airbox is so restrictive but I think realistically I will get around 180bhp which is fine by me :)

Also looking at getting some eibach springs to drop it a little so it sits nicer in the arch, nothing too excessive or shouty, tempted to even take the stripes off the side.......

Autoglass came out this morning and put some sticky back platic over the window untill they get the window in stock which can take upto a week as its privacy glass. It was parked in an ncp car park but there was a bmw next to me that had his windows done aswell!

Thanks

Lynden

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
Contents of the glovebox so that's my ipod touch, money I was waiting to put in the bank, my credit card and my passport, most annoying thing is the money as I was waiting to stick it in the bank and get my springs with it, stole my flip flops from passenger footwell aswell!

Yozz'd up 182
Yeahh, passport and credit card are the annoying ones though, reapplying and cancelling etc etc.

Flip flops haha must of been desperate.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
Still can't outhandle the mighty Panda though :rasp: I've not even seen this yet... WHY?!

lol and im not sure mate, i nipped into spoons last night at chill factor just to show my face and say hi but you werent there :(

did you get the exhaust for the panda?

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
no cctv and insurance excess is more than what was in the car, autoglass are sorting it but its still 100 quid through them and they dont have my glass in stock or in the country so they are having to dealer order it, i can have normal 500 glass but it isnt tinted and wont match :( i would prefer poly windows lol

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
sent the tuning box off on Tuesday to have the new map loaded onto it and get it updated to my car so that should be arriving in the next day or so, new map is a more linear torque curve and more aggressive boost spike when the turbo kicks in! just need to source a decent induction kit now!

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
yeh most companies do them for it, best are KW and people like gaz and spax and eibach do them, got my box back today :) fitting tomorrow

MINI-R32-integrale
Gaz on the 500 are poor, the first ones had springs rates so wrong the front of the car was coil-bound when stationary. They are also cheaper twin-tube construction.

AVO also do a mono-tube adjustable front coil over with adjustable damper and different springs heights for the rear. Damper rates were devised by Andy Dawson who has been about in motorsport for many years from rallying to Nissan Europe Rally team boss. Though these are more expensive than Gaz but not by much.

Airbox design is not that bad on the 500, we've run thermocouples in the engine bay & recorded intake temps around the bay where some people are putting intakes & not one is taking air from a cooler place than OEM.

If you relocated the battery to the boot it would free up the area you want the induction to run shorter & get cool air.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
Just had the front tyres replaced at 8,000 miles, recently i have been losing a lot of confidence in the car, the front would slide wide on corners and had a general understeer feel to it.

After doing a lot of research and being on a budget i decided to go for 2 toyo T1Rs (can't complain at £77 a corner 205/40 R17) for the front and kept the p zero neros on the rear, the toyos feel great on turn in and a lot stickier than the p zero neros that used to be on the front, they grip a lot better and steering response feels sharper, the car now feels like it should and it really does inspire confidence, i got them mainly because of the track day I have booked at cadwell park on the 27th. I'm yet to try them in the wet though, hopefully they wont be too bad.

also took the bump stops out of the rear suspension and it feels 10x better over uneven and crashy roads, a real must for any abarth driver.

car is starting to come together nicely now, power is done as I feel any more power is pointless and unneeded, need to start focusing more on the handling which in turn means me buying some suspension and lighter wheels.

Going off other abarth drivers with the same modifications as me (straight through 3inch exhaust, TMC remap on the tuner box, blow off filter on turbo) i should be running around 178-180bhp ish but im not 100 percent on this, hopefully getting it on a rolling road at the beginning of October.

thanks for reading,
Lynden

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Plans sound good mate. Don't buy ugly wheels just because they're light though.. Ahem PR 1.2's.

Not sure if you get Vredestein Sessantas in that size but they cheap and twice the tyre.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
I'm probably going to go for the same wheels that the esseesse run or maybe some of these......

SperturismoWRC-White_medium.jpg

and youcan now buy the assetto corse abarth racing wheels but for road use
ac_wheel_rim2.jpg

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
You seem like the best person to ask you silly fucker, today I saw a 500 driving towards me, was an Arbarth, but wide as f**k.

HUGE arches... any ideas?

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
You seem like the best person to ask you silly f**ker, today I saw a 500 driving towards me, was an Arbarth, but wide as f**k.

HUGE arches... any ideas?

no idea at all lol i know a company made a RWD and rear engined one with huge arches but i honestly dont know, i doubt it would of been that.......maybe someone has had wide wheels fitted and the arches pulled out......

I gave up on T1-R's for my Clio. You feel like your saving yourself money as they are pretty cheap but they wear stupidly quickly. Should be ok for the track though.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
Yeh i mainly got them for the tack day I am doing.......

also some recent pictures of it

317575_209808402413681_100001535673218_573290_8239128_n.jpg

306375_209808525747002_100001535673218_573292_7603314_n.jpg

299117_10150759178835293_582855292_20141783_7774834_n.jpg

223613_10150738067365293_582855292_19879530_3925664_n.jpg

and a cheeky number on the motorway....even had jap plates on and was being followed by 2 bright yellow integras with jap plates on aswell as uk trade plates all 3 dripping in JAP parts.

303057_10150787152510293_582855292_20443958_665021027_n.jpg

320d
Like it. Will look a lot better on some different wheels though, not a fan of the chunky standard ones.

I never got on with the TR1's I had on my 172, I found there was far too little wet/damp grip for my liking. Good dry grip though so fingers crossed your track day will be dry.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
Like it with the board on the roof!

yeh i think that is the best it has looked, if i could lock the board onto the roof in confidence it wouldnt get stolen then i would keep it on there as i only drive it to work and back lol

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
it still shocks me the looks it gets and the amount of people telling me 'nice car' and things like that when i get petrol or nip to the shops, it quiet a nice feeling actually.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
no idea at all lol i know a company made a RWD and rear engined one with huge arches but i honestly dont know, i doubt it would of been that.......maybe someone has had wide wheels fitted and the arches pulled out......

Was that one black??

Seriously it looked entirely OEM.

I've seen in twice in my area now, the first time must have been a year ago though. It's not just some cheap arches, it looks like a clio v6 next to a 172... (without the vents and stuff).

Can you ask on your 500 forum if you have one? I'm properly intrigued.

EDIT: Looked similar to this:

A38DAAB58953D3EAC94BD1B1E1FC.jpg

located around sidcup/bexley

Last edited: